Enos says no to change

Advertisement
Good thing you know where to go for info. What coaches say in interviews is always so important and factual

Advertisement
Advertisement
Idk what people are looking at. What he has explained is that it’s not about whether you line up in shotgun or under center. If your OL is getting beat it doesn’t matter; he has and is adapting by adding help which is also taking players out of routes.

If you actually watch our games you will clearly see that JWs worst sacks came while he was in the gun, including last game. So for folks complaining about deep passes and spread concepts I’ll quote Sweet Brown, “Ain’t nobody got time for that!”

That’s exactly why we play attacking defense, we get pressure, sacks and TFLs against shotgun/spread teams a lot.
1569971549149.gif

Advertisement
A good coordinator will not keep calling plays that don't work. It's that simple. Richt kept calling plays that "worked for the last 30 years". In hindsight, id bet he wished he had just hired an OC. Enos is going to find himself out of a job if his offense keeps failing to produce. Hopefully he sees that and will do what's needed, even if its not what he'd prefer.

Once he can recruit a better OL, he can fully implement his offense, but right now, points trump principle.

What, you mean we can't impeach Enos because of stuff we read there?

We can go through the process, but an actual conviction would require a unanimous vote including DBC, Sniffcaneahora, NYstateofmind, and NJtoFlaCane.

I'm guessing it won't happen.

Advertisement
A good coordinator will not keep calling plays that don't work. It's that simple. Richt kept calling plays that "worked for the last 30 years". In hindsight, id bet he wished he had just hired an OC. Enos is going to find himself out of a job if his offense keeps failing to produce. Hopefully he sees that and will do what's needed, even if its not what he'd prefer.

Once he can recruit a better OL, he can fully implement his offense, but right now, points trump principle.

Guys he had one bad game. CMU. A game he didnt' scheme for... We torched UNC and we gave UF fits despite allowing 10 sacks and it being their first game with the offense. I think Enos is doing a terrific job coaching Williams and holding Thomas accountable for doing more. I only blame Enos for not doing more to scheme CMU. Obviously, he was gonna do his thing regardless of what CMU was doing.

He did things against UNC's defense even Clemson couldn't do... And UNC was equally amped to play us as they did Clemson. Hise offense had a bad 1st quarter off a bye week.

Guys he had one bad game. CMU. A game he didnt' scheme for... We torched UNC and we gave UF fits despite allowing 10 sacks and it being their first game with the offense. I think Enos is doing a terrific job coaching Williams and holding Thomas accountable for doing more. I only blame Enos for not doing more to scheme CMU. Obviously, he was gonna do his thing regardless of what CMU was doing.

He did things against UNC's defense even Clemson couldn't do... And UNC was equally amped to play us as they did Clemson. Hise offense had a bad 1st quarter off a bye week.
I think these are fair points. I'm probably half way between you and a lot of other folks on this board, regarding Enos.

The biggest test for him will be if he recognizes the realities of the OL that we actually have (instead of the one he wishes we had) coupled with a a good QB who tends to go through too many progressions when we don't have the OL for that.

If Enos compensates for these two things, then there is really no reason why we shouldn't end the year in the top 30 offensively or at least the top 3rd of the ACC.

He has done well coaching Williams. Other than that, he hasn't schemed well to minimize the impact our weak offensive line has on our ability to produce. The number of sacks shows that clearly.

He has done well coaching Williams. Other than that, he hasn't schemed well to minimize the impact our weak offensive line has on our ability to produce. The number of sacks shows that clearly.

Yes. He hasn't cast a magical spell on the opponents DL to stop them from sacking Williams.

Advertisement
Back