Enos has been here before...

Advertisement
I was thinking the same thing.
He is probably emphasizing that with the backups and telling them to always be working hard and ready to come in and play.

We saw what happened in the SEC Championship.

It should be easy to convince them to stay for this season. Tate and Kosi gain nothing by leaving now. They both used their redshirt year, can't grad transfer yet, and wont be given a waiver this time.

Well, if you are setting on transferring, then you have to sit a year. Better to lose 2019 than lose 2019 and 2020. Won't be shocked if whomever is announced as #3 leaves before the 24th. UM starts classes on the 19th.

It should be easy to convince them to stay for this season. Tate and Kosi gain nothing by leaving now. They both used their redshirt year, can't grad transfer yet, and wont be given a waiver this time.

Kosi would have something to gain. If he wants to see the play and if Williams does good or he comes in 3rd, he'll see the field sooner if he transfers. He'll lose a year of eligibility but 2 years is better than none.

Martell on the other hand, would have nothing to gain. It would be a bad look if he transfer again before even taking a snap, and would be worse of he went to a FCS school.

Advertisement
Tate can grad transfer at end of year. So I dont see him leaving. Not sure of where Perry stands. But if he is close to graduating it would make sense to stick it out as well.

Not going to lie.
I would lose some respect for Perry if he does go. Especially since he was talking about maturity and putting the team first and saying they have a brotherhood and such.

Brothers just don't bolt on brothers like that.

Just sayin'

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not going to lie.
I would lose some respect for Perry if he does go. Especially since he was talking about maturity and putting the team team first and saying they have a brotherhood and such.

Just sayin'
If he does not play this year, he is gone and I understand that...

If he does not play this year, he is gone and I understand that...
Based on what he said on the record, I do not understand it though.
(But I admit do not understand what most people his age do or say while in college.)

Last edited:
Not going to lie.
I would lose some respect for Perry if he does go. Especially since he was talking about maturity and putting the team first and saying they have a brotherhood and such.

Just sayin'
Everyone's a brother till one brother gets a toy the other brother wanted...

Having our 3 deep of QBs being blue chip HS recruits is something we have not had in a long time. The most was 2 deep, that I can recall.

(Not counting the 80s because they didn't have the star system then)

Advertisement
It's going to be difficult to keep the QBs. Both Martell and Perry have already redshirted. If they stay with the team this season and transfer next year, they would have to sit out the 2020 season. They would then have to petition the NCAA to grant an extra year of eligibility. Otherwise they would have only 1 year of eligibility remaining in 2021. If they leave now and enroll at another University this Fall, they would be eligible to play at the new school in 2020. Basically, if either stayed, they'd pretty much be committed to staying thru 2020, graduating and moving on as a grad transfer.

It's really a difficult decision. I think both feel they could win the job should Jarren get injured or falter. The question is whether they're willing to roll the dice.

Advertisement
QB2 would be a gutless imbecile to transfer. It ain’t like Jarren is a 10 year veteran HOFer entrenched as the starter. The dude hasn’t played a real game yet.
I wish no ill on Jarren. I hope he balls out, but you never know what could happen. Just like Frenchy at FSU against Bama in game #1. #2 has got to prepare like a starter every week.

QB2 should absolutely hang around.

Not a good look for Tate if he transfers again without ever throwing a pass for Miami (in a game). He should stay & hone his craft (particularly throwing the ball). He needs to show that he can compete at this level. Otherwise, its likely FCS schools.

They should all stick around this year & continue to compete. You never know how things will play out.

It's going to be difficult to keep the QBs. Both Martell and Perry have already redshirted. If they stay with the team this season and transfer next year, they would have to sit out the 2020 season. They would then have to petition the NCAA to grant an extra year of eligibility. Otherwise they would have only 1 year of eligibility remaining in 2021. If they leave now and enroll at another University this Fall, they would be eligible to play at the new school in 2020. Basically, if either stayed, they'd pretty much be committed to staying thru 2020, graduating and moving on as a grad transfer.

It's really a difficult decision. I think both feel they could win the job should Jarren get injured or falter. The question is whether they're willing to roll the dice.

This is some very important info that people are not realizing. If both QB’s feel they can start somewhere it make sense for them to go now. Unfortunately it is a business and not 1983 any longer.

If they wait till this season starts they are giving up a year of eligibility for the unknown, Williams getting hurt or sucking.

It’s a tough call for these kids and neither of them are giant UM fan boys like this board who would give their right arm to carry towels for the team. If either stays it shows a lot about their character and/or love for UM. I would not fault either or both for leaving today.

Advertisement
Back