Enos and Baker Pressers

Advertisement
We run a pro style offense. These are not offenses where high school kids can easily pick up in one offseason. What is the last thing for players to pick up, is the fail safes. That's why we gave up so many sacks. Enos was running the O as if The QBs would handle the plays to get out of bad plays. He cut that out and just use Deejay to block. I expect the offense to be miles better, next season, even going forward this season.

Also there is alot things to complain about but i love the screen passes, like alot. We have so many of them. 3 of our starting OL are underclassmen, the QB is an underclassman, the starting TEs are underclassmen. I guess I'm not ready to make a definitive judgment on an OC with those factors, trying to install a new offense . I see issues and I see positives. I wait

We run a pro style offense. These are not offenses where high school kids can easily pick up in one offseason. What is the last thing for players to pick up, is the fail safes. That's why we gave up so many sacks. Enos was running the O as if The QBs would handle the plays to get out of bad plays. He cut that out and just use Deejay to block. I expect the offense to be miles better, next season, even going forward this season.

Also there is alot things to complain about but i love the screen passes, like alot. We have so many of them. 3 of our starting OL are underclassmen, the QB is an underclassman, the starting TEs are underclassmen. I guess I'm not ready to make a definitive judgment on an OC with those factors, trying to install a new offense . I see issues and I see positives. I wait
It doesn’t matter if we executed this scheme to perfection, the ceiling is still not as high as it would be with a true spread offense. There’s a reason why systems like Riley’s score 40+ no matter who is at QB, RB, OL etc.

We really need to go spread.. Who wants an offense kids cant pick up.. Hard offense for your players and easy to defend.. We need to go spread and make it easy on our players and hard on the defense.

Best teams and the top coach in the college game all agree..

Both Saban at 11:22 mark and Ed at 18:11 (I time stamped them to start there) talk about how their offenses have changed and how college football has changed and how you HAVE to score points to be a top team and spread helps with that. If Saban with his access to any 5 star in nation and UNLIMITED re$ource$ sees this, we are wasting our time trying to basically run a old school offense

Advertisement
We really need to go spread.. Who wants an offense kids cant pick up.. Hard offense for your players and easy to defend.. We need to go spread and make it easy on our players and hard on the defense.

Best teams and the top coach in the college game all agree..

Both Saban at 11:22 mark and Ed at 18:11 (I time stamped them to start there) talk about how their offenses have changed and how college football has changed and how you HAVE to score points to be a top team and spread helps with that. If Saban with his access to any 5 star in nation and UNLIMITED re$ource$ sees this, we are wasting our time trying to basically run a old school offense

They still run pro style offense with spread concepts. Let' not forget that Enos was a high valued member of Saban staff. I guess I cant see how a guy becomes a bum in a few months. Anyway, I also trust him to coach up the QBs. I think he is and will help them alot in the future so they can make better decisions. Let's see how LSU offense looks when Burrows go and what Saban without Tua. It's hardly comparable to what we have at QB and on the OL.

**** is very predictable and his tendencies show weekly. Don’t care if he’s a QB guru or not we rarely are put in a position to succeed play to play

They still run pro style offense with spread concepts. Let' not forget that Enos was a high valued member of Saban staff. I guess I cant see how a guy becomes a bum in a few months. Anyway, I also trust him to coach up the QBs. I think he is and will help them alot in the future so they can make better decisions. Let's see how LSU offense looks when Burrows go and what Saban without Tua. It's hardly comparable to what we have at QB and on the OL.
I think he is a great qb coach.. He does a great job at that. You can be a great qb coach and a ok to bad OC. Just because you are good at one doesnt mean you will be at others. He was qb coach at bama.

Offense had its issues last game and was faaaaaar from good. Dont let the big plays mask how inefficient it was.

But, Enos made some adjustments (shotgun, Deejay), so hes learning to not be so stubborn.

Let's see what he does with the remaining games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It doesn’t matter if we executed this scheme to perfection, the ceiling is still not as high as it would be with a true spread offense. There’s a reason why systems like Riley’s score 40+ no matter who is at QB, RB, OL etc.
Let's not pretend like Oklahoma is working with scrubs here. They may be going succeeding with different personnel, but that personnel is incredible. Their last 2 quarterbacks are starting on Sundays and their current one was a national champion at another school. Their receivers are consistently dynamic as well.

It takes time to get to what Oklahoma is doing - and they're still not winning national championships with that offense right now.

People act like schemes are be all end all. If u get a QB who can throw bombs, a WR with jets and OL who can block, my scheme will look awesome. We have good talent, they are young players learning a new scheme.
Btw remember the *********ion over Briles? 9 sacks and 16 tfls and u dont look so hot.
Football is still won in the trenches. Bama, Clemson, OU, Ohio, LSU. They all have top OL. We have talent, young talent. When our OL catches up to our DL everybody else look great. I don't think we are far away. I think Enos is a good coach, I just do. One season is not gonna tell me otherwise. I love his play designs, play calling is iffy at times but that maybe due to youth and new scheme like I said.

Let's not pretend like Oklahoma is working with scrubs here. They may be going succeeding with different personnel, but that personnel is incredible. Their last 2 quarterbacks are starting on Sundays and their current one was a national champion at another school. Their receivers are consistently dynamic as well.

It takes time to get to what Oklahoma is doing - and they're still not winning national championships with that offense right now.
Oklahoma not winning national championships has nothing to do with their offense.

Louisville has a Top 40 offense. Their personnel is not incredible. They’re in the first year of their new system with what is really a first year starting QB. We have a more talented QB, more talented RBs, WRs, TEs, and other than their LT, our olines are similar. Louisville doesn’t have a high ranked offense by running a complex, calling plays in the huddle, pro style offense. They have a high ranked offense bc they use their QBs mobility to create one v one matchups. They spread teams out and that allows players like Tutu to get the ball in space. They run a simple offense so players can do what they do best instead of having to think too much.

Enos’ offense makes zero sense in Miami. It’s the same thing that is holding UGA back and they have an oline that we will never have. LSU is a perfect example. Once they went more spread concept heavy, they started putting up numbers.

People act like schemes are be all end all. If u get a QB who can throw bombs, a WR with jets and OL who can block, my scheme will look awesome. We have good talent, they are young players learning a new scheme.
Btw remember the *********ion over Briles? 9 sacks and 16 tfls and u dont look so hot.
Football is still won in the trenches. Bama, Clemson, OU, Ohio, LSU. They all have top OL. We have talent, young talent. When our OL catches up to our DL everybody else look great. I don't think we are far away. I think Enos is a good coach, I just do. One season is not gonna tell me otherwise. I love his play designs, play calling is iffy at times but that maybe due to youth and new scheme like I said.

spot on.

ask 100 coaches: "would you rather have the best players, or the best scheme?"

all 100 will give you the same **** answer.

Advertisement
Issue I don’t foresee any offensive changes unless Enos were to leave on his own.

Somebody needs to ask Enos why he keeps running to the short side of the field so much when it is clearly not working .Especially the way this team run blocks give the backs a chance to get loose. Break tendencies once in a while. Everybody knows whats coming.

My 10 year old asked the same question

spot on.

ask 100 coaches: "would you rather have the best players, or the best scheme?"

all 100 will give you the same **** answer.
Problem is we seem to get good players but struggle to beat mediocre acc talent and not really able to put up points with big boys..

The game has changed and you need an offense to compete. Saban says it, Orgeron joined him and has reaped those rewards.. Your offense and brand also helps you draw top talent.. Why cant you have both? So you would stick with out dated scheme then make it harder to recruit top players.. Bama has taken best wr in our backyard multiple years running..

Ask 100 coaches: would you rather be bama or whatever crap we decide to trot out there this last decade

Advertisement
Thanks for sharing.

Still give zero fvcks what either of those idiots have to say, particularly ****. Stack W's and bring me Dabo's head eventually, and I'll crown your ***.

Until then, **** has dug himself a massive credibility hole with his performance and comments over the first 8 games of his tenure.
He was an IDIOT the first half of the season, especially the way he tried to use Tate as a decoy the first couple of games and then never even gave a real chance to do anything with the ball. He continues to call head scratching calls.

Advertisement
Back