Ennis Rakestraw, 2020 Duncanville (TX) Cornerback

I'm sure we won't get him but I would be super excited to have him he's got some unteachable skills can't believe he slid under the radar that long

Advertisement
It's about **** time we start to hit Tejas for DB's, I've been saying for two years we need to build a pipeline into Texas to get QB's & DB's, they're loaded at those positions in every class.

Duncanville is one of the 3 best schools in Texas, they produce great players every year.

He's a legit 6'0 with a good long armed frame, definitely needs to add weight but can be a very good prospect with development. Has good footwork, fluid hips & coverage skills, despite being a slender kid he ain't afraid to put a hat on somebody & stick, good tackler. Prototype Field Corner.

I like this offer way better than the Colson kid from Georgia, Rakestraw is true CB with very good natural athleticism, plays aggressive & has legit 4.4 speed. Nice upside.

He's a take all day, SMU & Kansas are on him as of late, we should be pushing hard to get him.

Don't think he's a day 1 ready corner due to needing to get physically bigger, but you absolutely get him on your team & see how it works out once in the S&C program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Baylor just offered, Baylor's CB coach is Evan Cooper Jr who's from Miami (his dad played & coached at Killian) & is a young rising star as a recruiter.

Evan Cooper Jr is a CB coach we should seriously consider bringing here, he's doing a **** of a job at Baylor & landing some good prospects.

1577747476276.png

Baylor just offered, Baylor's CB coach is Evan Cooper Jr who's from Miami (his dad played & coached at Killian) & is a young rising star as a recruiter.

Evan Cooper Jr is a CB coach we should seriously consider bringing here, he's doing a **** of a job at Baylor & landing some good prospects.

We have a cb coach , he’s a great technician sir. Haven’t you heard ?

Advertisement

Wasn't Evan Cooper Jr on UM's off-field staff during Golden era?
Yeah, I remember his dad at Killian HS.
We both graduated HS in 1980.
His dad actually signed a State LOI with UM before bolting to Michigan.
That year we lost a bunch of local kids who had signed state LOI...players
like William Roberts (OSU,NFL), Rodney Lyles (Killian, Michigan), Stefan Humphries (STA, Mich),
Buster Rhymes (Northwestern,Oklahoma) and Jesse Bendross (Miramar, Alabama).
Anyways, sorry for geezing again.
Let's get this DB.

Wasn't Evan Cooper Jr on UM's off-field staff during Golden era?
Yeah, I remember his dad at Killian HS.
We both graduated HS in 1980.
His dad actually signed a State LOI with UM before bolting to Michigan.
That year we lost a bunch of local kids who had signed state LOI...players
like William Roberts (OSU,NFL), Rodney Lyles (Killian, Michigan), Stefan Humphries (STA, Mich),
Buster Rhymes (Northwestern,Oklahoma) and Jesse Bendross (Miramar, Alabama).
Anyways, sorry for geezing again.
Let's get this DB.
Yeah he was here briefly in 2015 as a GA, but then Folden got fired & Rhule snatched him up to Temple.

he was on staff with Golden later years if I'm not mistaken... he was off the field

Advertisement
This kid played on the team Corey Flagg's team beat.
North Shore. Both of those teams looked tough as **** on D. I think North Shore was missing a key offensive player and Duncanville lost their QB to injury in the semifinals. They had a 15 year old come in for his first ever start in what looked like a full house at JerryWorld. That 15 year old through pass that looked like it was 60 yards in the air.

Couldn’t imagine being 15 and starting your first game ever in a sold out Cowboy Stadium.

Prtty insane that a high school football game can fill up a pro stadium. Texas high school football must be pretty **** serious

Advertisement
Back