Emotion

firstandcanes

Sophomore
I don't see many of our players getting fired up. I'm not sure if it's because the last staff made most these kids into zombies or if we're lacking alpha males but we're flat. Richt has been tasked with changing this. I don't see the defensive leader saying we're not giving up any more points. I don't see the offensive leader saying we scoring a td next drive and another one next time we get the ball. These kids seem conditioned to fold when things get tough.

I gave Shannon three years. I gave Golden three years. They couldn't get it right. Richt will get three years as well. He needs to get his players in the program to run the scheme he wants to run. Most all he needs to get some maulers on the offensive line. Everyone at the start of the year said how much talent we had but let's face it we are lacking severely in some spots. Proof of that is the draft, we have so many guys go undrafted anymore.

We are not a great team by any means but the possibility remains for a good season. As I've said every staff member gets a one year pass as staff and scheme change can have up and down results. I'm curios about the RPO's though. I don't remember seeing that at Georgia under Richt. Kaaya was under center a lot more his freshman year than last year and this year. If that's his comfort zone then we need to be getting the ball out quick. I have to suspect the line's horrendous play factors in as well.

Bottom line is we will see better days with this team. We all knew going undefeated this year was a major long shot. Let Richt get fresh blood in this program and see what he can do with it. Then maybe the emotion will come back.

Advertisement
The team did not and has not folded. I don't see a problem with emotion. So many things to get upset with.

The defense has played with a lot more passion and fire than we have in the last decade. We lack players that refuse to lose and that is what takes time getting rid of over the years. That is Goldenization 101

Our defense is being decimated by injuries and still playing effective.

Our offense is to blame on this one. Obviously putting an offense together is more complex than putting together a sound defense. But we just don't have the offensive personnel (particularly O-line) to run an effective offense. Also, Kaaya and our receivers/TE's haven't played perfectly either. One could say our TE's have been producing, but you look at the bone head plays (Njoku stumbling over his own feet when he had a clear TD in front of him in the 2nd quarter tonight) and there could be massive improvement.

Advertisement
Nobody on offense got that dog in them. Our quarterback never fores anybody up on the sidelines. Only fun they have is when they are winning. Get behind the eightball and they all tank

Offense is full of vets and are use to losing. This is what they expected to happen. The best was with a minute left and on 4th down Kaaya was ready to jog off the field before Richt had to tell him to stay on lol.

Diaz, coach Kool, the DL, and the freshman LBs are the heart and soul of this program moving forward. I expect these guys to be the reason we win our division in 2018. (I left Elder off because he'll be in the league next year)

Advertisement
I blame the NCAA. The long drawn out "investigation", then got caught doing their dirty ****. There never should have been a "probation".

The bottom line is, Golden's ****** recruiting, plus NCAA bull****ite....we're young and depleted. **** my life.

People overrate the emotional part of the game. Football isn't what you see in the movies, it's a thinking's man areme now, and you need to be organized, yet passionate. I'm starting to see that on the defensive side, what I don't see on the offensive side is the organizational aspects. Mark Richt isn't getting the job done as a playcaller, and while all of that isn't his fault, he should be able to at least work around obvious flaws in his unit. He knows full well that he has a weak O-Line, running the rock into situations in which they don't have numerical superiority is a recipe for disaster. It would also help to allow a QB that is rhythm to hit some passes, especially when things are rolling, instead of relying on long developing plays, knowing **** well that your QB can't move. Three step drops are your friend, Mark. They're your friend.

Let's just say it: This is a team full of pu$$ies who came to South Florida to enjoy the beach and the nightlife in South Beach. Winning doesn't matter to these kids.

Advertisement
The lack of emotion we saw under Golden was a reaction from the players simply not buying into that so called scheme on defense and in Golden in general. We all saw "don't rise to the occasion, trust your training" clip pre game. As frustrated as I am this year I simply feel that our staff and players are playing with more emotion. Winning will only increase that but as lifeless as Richt can appear I just don't think the team is taking after that. The defense is finally playing in a system that suits them and they are enjoying it. Diaz jumps up and down like a maniac so its just not a matter of this staff neutering the players like the previous staff

Advertisement
Back