Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

aroused dave chappelle GIF
ezgif-2-9339ab71dc66.gif

Advertisement
Zack Greenlee in 2013 is a qb that went from unranked to 4star by ESPN.

He was unranked. Competed in E11 camp got invited to finals (top 25 or whatever it is), and finished in the E11. Finished as a 4star by ESPN and a high 3star by 247 I believe.

Would it be very surprising if Emory Williams gets into the Elite 11, and ends up a high 3star - 4 star prospect, especially if he has a good senior season? All he has to do is perform well at the Elite11, and he’ll get rated solidly high.
Okay so once again, for the 18th time, let's go through what was originally said. For starters you're talking about a guy from 2013 so let that sink in, if it was actually accurate to what I said and it's not, that it was 9 years ago that it would have occurred. That's how rare that would be. Second, did he finish a composite 4 star or did one service only rate him as such? If he didn't, then he wasn't. Third, he didn't go from unranked, to a base .85, to a composite 4 star which was the criteria. Fourth, no it would not surprise me in the least if he ended up a higher 3 star with a good season. That does not mean a 4 star because he won't be. Fifth, and this has nothing to do with Emory, but clearly those services got it right in the first place because Zack Greenlee turned into nobody. Just like the WR someone earlier incorrectly tried to meet the criteria with.

Zack Greenlee in 2013 is a qb that went from unranked to 4star by ESPN.

He was unranked. Competed in E11 camp got invited to finals (top 25 or whatever it is), and finished in the E11. Finished as a 4star by ESPN and a high 3star by 247 I believe.

Would it be very surprising if Emory Williams gets into the Elite 11, and ends up a high 3star - 4 star prospect, especially if he has a good senior season? All he has to do is perform well at the Elite11, and he’ll get rated solidly high.
Just looked him up. .88 composite 3 star. Next

Evaluations don’t just happen out of high school, you bumble****. They also happen every year you are on a roster, if you have a coach capable of it (Mario, unlike some of the coaches we had before). If he really thought as simply as you do, he would have just said ‘oh well, he’s a 3 star, I guess I’ll just move on and have one of my recruits take over.’ Dear God, you are actually dreadful at understanding the bigger picture. Stars matter, yes but evaluations of all stars matter a **** of a lot more and to say that the previous staff’s evaluations are equivalent to Mario’s at Oregon is just such a baffling hill for you to die on. If you can seriously tell me that his starting rosters (which won two PAC 12 championships, should have won another) were 22 five stars then I will concede that you are right, his 3 stars were no better than Manny’s or Golden’s. Go on. Show me. Don’t let the girl have more balls than you.
Yikes that’s obviously not what you were talking about. Talk about embarrassing yourself. Much easier to compare what players you currently have and choose the best out of a few vs one of 16k 3 stars. Done wasting my time with you.

Evaluations don’t just happen out of high school, you bumble****. They also happen every year you are on a roster, if you have a coach capable of it (Mario, unlike some of the coaches we had before). If he really thought as simply as you do, he would have just said ‘oh well, he’s a 3 star, I guess I’ll just move on and have one of my recruits take over.’ Dear God, you are actually dreadful at understanding the bigger picture. Stars matter, yes but evaluations of all stars matter a **** of a lot more and to say that the previous staff’s evaluations are equivalent to Mario’s at Oregon is just such a baffling hill for you to die on. If you can seriously tell me that his starting rosters (which won two PAC 12 championships, should have won another) were 22 five stars then I will concede that you are right, his 3 stars were no better than Manny’s or Golden’s. Go on. Show me. Don’t let the girl have more balls than you.
1655853643978.jpeg

Advertisement
Imagine being such a 5head gronk, smearing the walls of your cave hut with your own ****, that you think Mario Cristobal and Alonzo Highsmith are the same as Manny Diaz with no high-level oversight or evaluation help. Jesus ******* Christ go watch Fortnite, seems way more your speed than football. Same morons who *****ed and moaned about us being unable to get Zo here under Manny because of ‘how he would save the program’ are the same ones now criticising THE EXACT ******* GUY. Newsflash people; Zo has a hand in every single offer, that’s his job. If you really think that we are taking these 3 stars because we have already missed on our bigger targets then you are just absolutely clueless. If Alonzo Highsmith says he wants a kid, I don’t give a singular **** if he’s rated lower than a Kohl’s Kicker, he wants him for a reason. I promise you, that reason isn’t ‘well we missed on the top 100 other players at this position’. Get the **** out of here with that bull****, this isn’t amateur hour anymore, stop moping around and wake the **** up or get the **** out. I am seriously tired of reading this contradictory, baseless garbage and seeing people try to, daily, compare this staff and this front office with MANNY ‘all the used car exhaust smoke’ DIAZ or ‘BE A CHEESEBURGER’!
There will always be a contingent who just loves to mope. We had them in 2001, we have them now, we'll have them when we're back on top.

Ever since Manny went down there's a new thing ppl start to freak out about..just relax the class isnt over yet....can someone let me know how many other 3 stars we are recruiting..off the top of my head there's the Chris Johnson rb and who else...the rest of the class might be the bigger fish at this point

Imagine being such a 5head gronk, smearing the walls of your cave hut with your own ****, that you think Mario Cristobal and Alonzo Highsmith are the same as Manny Diaz with no high-level oversight or evaluation help. Jesus ******* Christ go watch Fortnite, seems way more your speed than football. Same morons who *****ed and moaned about us being unable to get Zo here under Manny because of ‘how he would save the program’ are the same ones now criticising THE EXACT ******* GUY. Newsflash people; Zo has a hand in every single offer, that’s his job. If you really think that we are taking these 3 stars because we have already missed on our bigger targets then you are just absolutely clueless. If Alonzo Highsmith says he wants a kid, I don’t give a singular **** if he’s rated lower than a Kohl’s Kicker, he wants him for a reason. I promise you, that reason isn’t ‘well we missed on the top 100 other players at this position’. Get the **** out of here with that bull****, this isn’t amateur hour anymore, stop moping around and wake the **** up or get the **** out. I am seriously tired of reading this contradictory, baseless garbage and seeing people try to, daily, compare this staff and this front office with MANNY ‘all the used car exhaust smoke’ DIAZ or ‘BE A CHEESEBURGER’!
RcWw.gif

Did UGA win with a 5-star QB?

There were 4 5-star QBs that won a national championship in the 12 years of BCS era.
Vince Young 2005
Chris Leak 2006
Tim Tebow 2008
Cam Newton 2010

There were only 2 5-star QBs that won a national championship in the 11 years of the CFP era.
Jameis Winston 2013
Trevor Lawrence 2018

Alabama has not won a national championship with any 5-star QBs as a starter.

Winning a title is much more than just having a 5-star QB. Your QB needs to play well regardless of star was places on him.

Facts.

Regarding Williams, my whole point is that the young man has come late into the seen. Everyone is judging him as the 3-star label placed upon him which will likely move to 4-star. That is my point that these label ratings don't mean much as talent and their ratings are fluid.
Was tua not a 5 star?

Advertisement
You're percentages don't make sense and are skewed for the very reason you say you need to use them.

There are 32 5-star players every year. The 5-star is to represent the players projected to be 1st round draft picks. These are supposed to be the "can't miss" guys. The fact that there's only a handful of the players that are designated as the best, they're going to have a much higher percentage because there are fewer of them. You used statistics to fit your desired outcome.

A better and more valuable metric is to just look at All-Americans over a span of time. Since 2010, there were 4 5-star QB All-Americans over a 12 year period.

2010 - Cam Newton
2013 - Jameis Winston
2018 - Tua Tagovailoa
2021 - Bryce Young

So, over the past 12 years, there was a 33% chance that a 5-star QB would be an All-American. Another way to look at is a 67% chance an All-American QB won't be a 5-star.

Again, the 5-star is the player projected to be a 1st round draft pick. Given there are 2-3 5-star QBs every year, there should be a much higher percentage of AAs because these are the guys that are supposed to be the cream of the crop.

What is shows is that ratings are not an exact science. If you were betting each year that a 5-star QB would be an All-American, you'd lose your shirt.

More often than not, the recruiting services get it wrong when it comes to 5-star QBs.
U can also look at it this way
A 5 star has a 33% chance of being and aa
I bet 4 star has a much much less chance
And the 3 stars even less
So it’s like the market you hedge towards the best bests when nothing is guarantee
So u gotta get as many 5 stars as u can get
It does matter
The numbers prove it

Okay so once again, for the 18th time, let's go through what was originally said. For starters you're talking about a guy from 2013 so let that sink in, if it was actually accurate to what I said and it's not, that it was 9 years ago that it would have occurred. That's how rare that would be. Second, did he finish a composite 4 star or did one service only rate him as such? If he didn't, then he wasn't. Third, he didn't go from unranked, to a base .85, to a composite 4 star which was the criteria. Fourth, no it would not surprise me in the least if he ended up a higher 3 star with a good season. That does not mean a 4 star because he won't be. Fifth, and this has nothing to do with Emory, but clearly those services got it right in the first place because Zack Greenlee turned into nobody. Just like the WR someone earlier incorrectly tried to meet the criteria with.
Thats not how it works. Just because you aren’t composite 4 star doesn’t mean you aren’t a 4star.

There may be plenty of other cases like that, I just happen to know that for a fact it happened in that case because I remember watching the E11 that year - and you literally said nobody here can remember something like that happening - well I do!

He went from unranked on ESPN and 247 to a composite 87 then got another bump to a composite 88. That happened overnight because of E11.

Also you didn’t even say composite 4star when you were asking for any examples. So you’re literally changing your argument because I proved you wrong

Advertisement
Yikes that’s obviously not what you were talking about. Talk about embarrassing yourself. Much easier to compare what players you currently have and choose the best out of a few vs one of 16k 3 stars. Done wasting my time with you.
prepare for a slew of nut huggers to say how you are a dead body and you got slayed and how amazing someone else is even though you have made a very valid point.

Advertisement

@LeedsCane , mopes are going to mope.

Anyone who has paid any attention knows the program is being run by elite professionals.

Not worth losing life over this drivel. I skip over 95% (99%?) of the posts these days because it’s just word vomit with no evidence of a frontal lobe to be found.

Thats not how it works. Just because you aren’t composite 4 star doesn’t mean you aren’t a 4star.

There may be plenty of other cases like that, I just happen to know that for a fact it happened in that case because I remember watching the E11 that year - and you literally said nobody here can remember something like that happening - well I do!

He went from unranked on ESPN and 247 to a composite 87 then got another bump to a composite 88. That happened overnight because of E11.

Also you didn’t even say composite 4star when you were asking for any examples. So you’re literally changing your argument because I proved you wrong
So his composite was an .88. So he was a 3 star that went to Fresno St. Good. If I really have to go back and clarify every single time for each one of the 17 of you that have failed at this for over 12 hours now that we're talking about the exact same metric that is someones final grade and whatever everyone uses, then sorry. You know why nobody on the planet outside of Miami fans referenced Mark Pope as a 5 star? Because he wasn't, due to only Rivals being dumb enough to think so. His composite was a 4 star, and that's what he was.

U can also look at it this way
A 5 star has a 33% chance of being and aa
I bet 4 star has a much much less chance
And the 3 stars even less
So it’s like the market you hedge towards the best bests when nothing is guarantee
So u gotta get as many 5 stars as u can get
It does matter
The numbers prove it
You're missing the whole boat. You're jumping in way late in debate over several posts.

The ratings aren't an exact science or any science for that matter. In some years 2/3 5-stars haven't even panned out to be starters let alone best in the country.

It's about evaluations not stars. Yes, some of the ratings match the talent evaluations and some don't.

We have too many CIS star chasers only excited by how many stars the committed recruit has and bad mouthing any kid less than 4 stars. We just had 2 "3-star " TEs commit. Nothing to be excited about for most of CIS, except that a lot of top TE schools wanted them because they see their talent & potential and not the star some recruiting service assigned to them.

Whatever a young man was last year, isn't who he is today and isn't necessarily what he will be a year from now or 2-3 years from now.

Advertisement
Back