Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

@PIPO
Denver Broncos Omg GIF by Broncos

Advertisement
I never said they were the same dumbass. Nice comprehension skills. I was saying that thinking 3 stars are going to be better cause these ones were evaluated is bs. Mario is known for being a good recruiter. As in loading up on 4 and 5 star talent. His success with 4 and 5 stars does not mean his 3 stars are now better than most other 3 stars.
So what do we have here...

20220621_170048.jpg

And I'm here for it.

With that being said...

Imagine being such a 5head gronk, smearing the walls of your cave hut with your own ****, that you think Mario Cristobal and Alonzo Highsmith are the same as Manny Diaz with no high-level oversight or evaluation help. Jesus ******* Christ go watch Fortnite, seems way more your speed than football. Same morons who *****ed and moaned about us being unable to get Zo here under Manny because of ‘how he would save the program’ are the same ones now criticising THE EXACT ******* GUY. Newsflash people; Zo has a hand in every single offer, that’s his job. If you really think that we are taking these 3 stars because we have already missed on our bigger targets then you are just absolutely clueless. If Alonzo Highsmith says he wants a kid, I don’t give a singular **** if he’s rated lower than a Kohl’s Kicker, he wants him for a reason. I promise you, that reason isn’t ‘well we missed on the top 100 other players at this position’. Get the **** out of here with that bull****, this isn’t amateur hour anymore, stop moping around and wake the **** up or get the **** out. I am seriously tired of reading this contradictory, baseless garbage and seeing people try to, daily, compare this staff and this front office with MANNY ‘all the used car exhaust smoke’ DIAZ or ‘BE A CHEESEBURGER’!
I just wanna know what a 5head gronk is.

Advertisement
Imagine being such a 5head gronk, smearing the walls of your cave hut with your own ****, that you think Mario Cristobal and Alonzo Highsmith are the same as Manny Diaz with no high-level oversight or evaluation help. Jesus ******* Christ go watch Fortnite, seems way more your speed than football. Same morons who *****ed and moaned about us being unable to get Zo here under Manny because of ‘how he would save the program’ are the same ones now criticising THE EXACT ******* GUY. Newsflash people; Zo has a hand in every single offer, that’s his job. If you really think that we are taking these 3 stars because we have already missed on our bigger targets then you are just absolutely clueless. If Alonzo Highsmith says he wants a kid, I don’t give a singular **** if he’s rated lower than a Kohl’s Kicker, he wants him for a reason. I promise you, that reason isn’t ‘well we missed on the top 100 other players at this position’. Get the **** out of here with that bull****, this isn’t amateur hour anymore, stop moping around and wake the **** up or get the **** out. I am seriously tired of reading this contradictory, baseless garbage and seeing people try to, daily, compare this staff and this front office with MANNY ‘all the used car exhaust smoke’ DIAZ or ‘BE A CHEESEBURGER’!
This is how you post. Pin this.

I think some of those 3 stars are going to be 4 stars by the end of the process, but it begs the question for those who follow these things: is this how Cristobal usually recruits?

It feels to me like he's secured the 'evaluation' guys early so he and his staff can concentrate on the 'stars' as we progress towards eNSD.
Either that or more likely, the stars are waiting to see how the NIL packages work out. Currently, the run is on QBs because they commit early. Once that plays out, I suspect next up will be DL, OT, CBs. It's smart to tie up evaluation guys early because once the stars are scooped up, there will be a lot of teams looking for them.

That's how Butch got Sean Taylor. (@SWFLHurricane. And before you beat me up on it, we know that Butch was also a great closer ;) ).

Your words. You think Mario and Zo evaluate the same level as ‘every’ other coach we have had. That’s laughable and you doubled down on it by saying Mario has not had success with 3 star evaluations because they are bad? He had to rely on his 4-5 star recruiting skills only? You didn’t even mention Zo so I won’t even go there... What the **** are you talking about? Go look at Mario’s rosters at Oregon. Quite a bit of those guys who did pretty well there were 3 stars that he and his staff EVALUATED, including the starting QB of the LA Chargers, you baboon. Think his evaluation there was pretty **** good. We can go recruit by recruit if you really want me to embarrass you further. I think you are the one who needs some remedial English reading comp classes.
Oh boy you’re mad huh.

Yes please, go recruit by recruit and embarrass me with 3 stars like Herbert (a 2016 recruit) who were not evaluated by Mario’s staff because he was not a coach there until 2017, and was not head coach until December 2017. I am so embarrassed.

I have seen nothing saying Mario’s 3 stars were better than everyone else’s. Let’s see what percent of his 3 stars were drafted. He’s known for being able to bring in the highly ranked players.

@djnellz so did I get dragged or did she for not knowing basic things about Mario like when he became coach at Oregon? I’m looking forward to more all caps words from her.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Either that or more likely, the stars are waiting to see how the NIL packages work out. Currently, the run is on QBs because they commit early. Once that plays out, I suspect next up will be DL, OT, CBs. It's smart to tie up evaluation guys early because once the stars are scooped up, there will be a lot of teams looking for them.

That's how Butch got Sean Taylor. (@SWFLHurricane. And before you beat me up on it, we know that Butch was also a great closer ;) ).
Butch won't get credit for SeanTay (Coker will)....and the Butch haters will tell you Butch wasn't on him in 2000 (which is a crock of ****)....that being said, Butch had an uncanny ability in ref to evaluations. The quintessential Master.

I never said they were the same dumbass. Nice comprehension skills. I was saying that thinking 3 stars are going to be better cause these ones were evaluated is bs. Mario is known for being a good recruiter. As in loading up on 4 and 5 star talent. His success with 4 and 5 stars does not mean his 3 stars are now better than most other 3 stars.
It’s like you think we are going to be getting nothing but 3 stars. If that were the case you’d have a point. Clearly we are recruiting and accepting commitments to players that we clearly really like. Secondly you have no idea if these guys will stay 3stars/unranked or whatever.

You’re basically implying that we are desperate for commitments in June. Because otherwise the only logical explanation for taking a 3star TE commitment and an unranked or whatever Emory Williams is is clearly because we evaluated them and had them ranked higher on our board than the nobodies that rank recruits on 247 do.

Yes, because all offers are not equal. If Bama or Georgia offers a kid, he gets a bump if other areas are considered.

I'll make a deal... you supply all of the data (which I have no clue how to find) and I'll upload that data and do the data analysis so as to supply your answer.

without anyone having the raw data, you will feel like your facts are proven when they are actually merely untested.

your position is ironic for someone named "Edward20"
I wasn't the one making the ridiculous claims. If it's a thing that unranked guys become 4 stars, name them. Most here have been following recruiting for 20 years so it should be no problem. Oh. You can't. Discussion over. Like it was at 6 a.m. when it started. As for my position on reality, I'm not sure how Ed Reed helping Miami win a title has anything to do with it. BuT eD ReEd wAs A TWo stAr iN 1997 is what I'm guessing you are reaching for. So okay, he was. Did he then get bumped to a .85, and then a 4 star? No? Oh. So that has nothing to do with anything either. Cool story.

It’s like you think we are going to be getting nothing but 3 stars. If that were the case you’d have a point. Clearly we are recruiting and accepting commitments to players that we clearly really like. Secondly you have no idea if these guys will stay 3stars/unranked or whatever.

You’re basically implying that we are desperate for commitments in June. Because otherwise the only logical explanation for taking a 3star TE commitment and an unranked or whatever Emory Williams is is clearly because we evaluated them and had them ranked higher on our board than the nobodies that rank recruits on 247 do.
All I know is if Zo Highsmith is evaluating and/or giving the thumbs up on us accepting the commitment of a 3 star ranked kid I'm more than good with it

Advertisement
Oh boy you’re mad huh.

Yes please, go recruit by recruit and embarrass me with 3 stars like Herbert (a 2016 recruit) who were not evaluated by Mario’s staff because he was not a coach there until 2017, and was not head coach until December 2017. I am so embarrassed.

I have seen nothing saying Mario’s 3 stars were better than everyone else’s. Let’s see what percent of his 3 stars were drafted. He’s known for being able to bring in the highly ranked players.

@djnellz so did I get dragged or did she for not knowing basic things about Mario like when he became coach at Oregon? I’m looking forward to more all caps words from her.
Tough look to call someone a baboon and cite only one player in defense of your argument, and then get told Mario did not actually recruit said player. But hey, I guess when you’re No. 1 slurper, we let those kind of things slip through the cracks 😆

Nope. All I’m saying is the 3 stars aren’t special, and that I want Mario to land some big ones. I’ve said many times I still believe in him.

Again watch film on Emory. Love his height, gritty and stands tall in the pocket. Either you get it or you don’t🤫

Last edited:
Advertisement
Oh boy you’re mad huh.

Evaluations don’t just happen out of high school, you bumble****. They also happen every year you are on a roster, if you have a coach capable of it (Mario, unlike some of the coaches we had before). If he really thought as simply as you do, he would have just said ‘oh well, he’s a 3 star, I guess I’ll just move on and have one of my recruits take over.’ Dear God, you are actually dreadful at understanding the bigger picture. Stars matter, yes but evaluations of all stars matter a **** of a lot more and to say that the previous staff’s evaluations are equivalent to Mario’s at Oregon is just such a baffling hill for you to die on. If you can seriously tell me that his starting rosters (which won two PAC 12 championships, should have won another) were 22 five stars then I will concede that you are right, his 3 stars were no better than Manny’s or Golden’s. Go on. Show me. Don’t let the girl have more balls than you.

Evaluations don’t just happen out of high school, you bumble****. They also happen every year you are on a roster, if you have a coach capable of it (Mario, unlike some of the coaches we had before). If he really thought as simply as you do, he would have just said ‘oh well, he’s a 3 star, I guess I’ll just move on and have one of my recruits take over.’ Dear God, you are actually dreadful at understanding the bigger picture. Stars matter, yes but evaluations of all stars matter a **** of a lot more and to say that the previous staff’s evaluations are equivalent to Mario’s at Oregon is just such a baffling hill for you to die on. If you can seriously tell me that his starting rosters (which won two PAC 12 championships, should have won another) were 22 five stars then I will concede that you are right, his 3 stars were no better than Manny’s or Golden’s. Go on. Show me. Don’t let the girl have more balls than you.
aroused dave chappelle GIF

I wasn't the one making the ridiculous claims. If it's a thing that unranked guys become 4 stars, name them. Most here have been following recruiting for 20 years so it should be no problem. Oh. You can't. Discussion over. Like it was at 6 a.m. when it started. As for my position on reality, I'm not sure how Ed Reed helping Miami win a title has anything to do with it. BuT eD ReEd wAs A TWo stAr iN 1997 is what I'm guessing you are reaching for. So okay, he was. Did he then get bumped to a .85, and then a 4 star? No? Oh. So that has nothing to do with anything either. Cool story.
Zack Greenlee in 2013 is a qb that went from unranked to 4star by ESPN.

He was unranked. Competed in E11 camp got invited to finals (top 25 or whatever it is), and finished in the E11. Finished as a 4star by ESPN and a high 3star by 247 I believe.

Would it be very surprising if Emory Williams gets into the Elite 11, and ends up a high 3star - 4 star prospect, especially if he has a good senior season? All he has to do is perform well at the Elite11, and he’ll get rated solidly high.

Advertisement
Back