Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Again, you want to determine on June 21st this as an absolute. Let me flip it on you. How many zero unranked kids go to 3-star and get invited to the Elite 11? I'm waiting Mr. Precedent.
No idea, but it makes no difference in my original point. I'll be waiting for that list. Maybe you can all collaborate

Advertisement
I trust the view of our staff, one of the more accomplished staffs in the country over that of someone who claims to have watched tons of film but is nothing more than a fan. It's not like the 3 stars the staff has committed right now were last minute afterthoughts because they missed out on their higher ranked targets. These are all players that the staff evaluated and very much wanted.
We've said this with every coach. It never works.

Jordan Young, a WR out of Georgia was unranked until January 18th after his senior season and became a 4-star. You're trying to paint this into a very specific box that would require us to remember every recruiting ranking story for the last 25 years. The point is there is no obvious path to 4-star status.
The Jordan Young from '22? Who was a composite .88 3 star? Or a different one?

The Jordan Young from '22? Who was a composite .88 3 star? Or a different one?
Jordan Young of '18 who committed to Tennessee then signed with FSU after they offered. Unranked by 247 until the Vols offer. They ranked him a 92.

Last edited:
No idea, but it makes no difference in my original point. I'll be waiting for that list. Maybe you can all collaborate
So nothing even anecdotal. There is no precedent in regards to Williams. Okie doke.

Quite frankly I find this humorous. You are the individual who stakes his claim absolutely and then starts arguing because you get questioned.

My opinion is I hope the kid shows at the Elite 11 and has an all-state senior season. A Broyle award-winning coach wants this kid so glad Williams committed.

Advertisement
So nothing even anecdotal. There is no precedent in regards to Williams. Okie doke.

Quite frankly I find this humorous. You are the individual who stakes his claim absolutely and then starts arguing because you can questioned.

My opinion is I hope the kid shows at the Elite 11 and has an all-state senior season. A Broyle award-winning coach wants this kid so glad Williams committed.
Good. I find him ending up a 4 star humorous. As does sense. Has nothing to do with if I hope he has a great Elite 11 or career at Miami

Good. I find him ending up a 4 star humorous. As does sense. Has nothing to do with if I hope he has a great Elite 11 or career at Miami
Send me your list of kids like Williams from zero to three to Elite 11 like a rocket ship. You cannot.

Unlike you I have made no absolute predictions.

You are arguing just to argue. Do you even like the kid? Do you trust the staff? Or are being passive aggressive?

Send me your list of kids like Williams from zero to three to Elite 11 like a rocket ship. You cannot.

You are arguing just to argue. Do you even like the kid? Do you trust the staff? Or are being passive aggressive?
I don't think a lot of people understand how Elite 11 works.

I don't have a list to send you, but seeing as I never made that point I again don't know where you want me to go with it.

For the record, if you aren't making your prediction absolute are you not hedging?

I wasn't arguing with anyone. I didn't quote an poster about them saying he was a 4 star to start it did I? I made my own point, and then several people including yourself argued back.

Trusting the staff and predicting a low 3 star kid won't make it all the way up to 4 star is quite the imagination bridge, but you post on CIS so there was a good chance of that.

Advertisement
We've said this with every coach. It never works.
We've never had a staff of this quality, including a much larger number of analysts. It's June. Whining about 3 stars is silly. Every 3 star we have committed is a high quality recruit. We are also on a ton of 4-5 stars, almost all of which are not committed to any school. It's not like we lost out on them.

I don't have a list to send you, but seeing as I never made that point I again don't know where you want me to go with it.

For the record, if you aren't making your prediction absolute are you not hedging?

I wasn't arguing with anyone. I didn't quote an poster about them saying he was a 4 star to start it did I? I made my own point, and then several people including yourself argued back.

Trusting the staff and predicting a low 3 star kid won't make it all the way up to 4 star is quite the imagination bridge, but you post on CIS so there was a good chance of that.
Except your argument devolved into absolutes.

Hedging? I've never seen the kid play. My barometer for Panhandle QBs goes to Wuerffel when he played for FWB or Kenny Felder when he played at Niceville when I flew out of Hurlburt.

I cannot predict the future but obviously you can.

Again, what is your motivation? Being so passionate begs questions, such as do you like the take?

We've never had a staff of this quality, including a much larger number of analysts. It's June. Whining about 3 stars is silly. Every 3 star we have committed is a high quality recruit. We are also on a ton of 4-5 stars, almost all of which are not committed to any school. It's not like we lost out on them.
You have some good points, but the trend is concerning. I still believe in Mario though.

Jordan Young of '18 who committed to Tennessee then signed with FSU after they offered. Unranked by 247 until the Vols offer. They ranked him a 92.
The one that says he was ranked as a 3 star and the #386 player in the country, and the #64 WR in the country according to his portal article from the fsu247 site?

Advertisement
Except your argument devolved into absolutes.

Hedging? I've never seen the kid play. My barometer for Panhandle QBs goes to Wuerffel when he played for FWB or Kenny Felder when he played at Niceville when I flew out of Hurlburt.

I cannot predict the future but obviously you can.

Again, what is your motivation? Being so passionate begs questions, such as do you like the take?
I'm good with it if he's the #2 in the class at this point. That doesn't mean he can't get a lot better and I feel like he's a solid #1. None of those things were my point. It was simply that the rankings services won't bump him up enough to hit 4 star status.

While he was brought in a year before Mario started at Eugene, Justin Herbert was once a lanky 3-star, ranked 600+ in the nation.

Is he gonna be like Herbert? Eh, chances are very slim. But trust the eval.

The one that says he was ranked as a 3 star and the #386 player in the country, and the #64 WR in the country according to his portal article from the fsu247 site?
247 gave him a 92. 190th player in the country and 27th WR. You can click on his recruiting history to see it. ESPN ranked him a 4-star too. Rivals gave him a mid 3-star rating. Maybe they evaluated him or they didn't. So you're giving me the composite where two of the services had him unranked and made him a 4-star in January after his senior season.

Michigan has a guy in their 2022 class that was unranked up until October. The Big Ten started offering and he's a consensus 4-star. Jimmy Rolder. More than one way to rise up the rankings. Getting tossed an 85 in the spring because Miami and Pitt are interested isn't some indication that 4-star status is out of reach.

Advertisement
ED15C35F-7947-43B3-9BFB-73F6E823105F.gif

^^^^
What this thread has become. Either way, someone is going to have some serious crow to eat by the end of this cycle regarding this topic lol. I personally will be surprised if he is 4* by the end of the cycle.

I'm good with it if he's the #2 in the class at this point. That doesn't mean he can't get a lot better and I feel like he's a solid #1. None of those things were my point. It was simply that the rankings services won't bump him up enough to hit 4 star status.
Yes, because all offers are not equal. If Bama or Georgia offers a kid, he gets a bump if other areas are considered. These rating services are all in business.

Maybe Rashada commits because Ruiz makes an offer he cannot refuse. Maybe Williams bounces with or without Rashada in play. Maybe Williams has a big camp and terrific senior year. Maybe he gets big time offers not just Miami and Ole Miss. Or maybe he is done.

It's June. Still a lot of unknowns. Nothing is absolute other than these recruiting services are businesses.

We can agree to disagree.

Advertisement
Back