Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

How about Jacurri Brown last year? Did it help his? Did his ranking skyrocket like nobody else in the country due to an Elite 11 invite?
You have missed the point. We all agree he has to perform. Brown though I am very happy we got him did not wow people with his performance. Elite 11 is an opportunity. What he does with it will determine if he moves up the rankings or not. The fact he did get the opportunity also shows he is on an upward trajectory. Now he has to prove he was worth the opportunity.

Advertisement
If this is your take of everything then you just can’t comprehend what we’re talking about. It doesn’t matter if Emory ends up being the best player ever. The issue is us filling a class with 3 stars. One or two of them breaking out means nothing when the rest of them suck. Your receipts mean zero.
I trust the view of our staff, one of the more accomplished staffs in the country over that of someone who claims to have watched tons of film but is nothing more than a fan. It's not like the 3 stars the staff has committed right now were last minute afterthoughts because they missed out on their higher ranked targets. These are all players that the staff evaluated and very much wanted.

Last edited:
You have missed the point. We all agree he has to perform. Brown though I am very happy we got him did not wow people with his performance. Elite 11 is an opportunity. What he does with it will determine if he moves up the rankings or not. The fact he did get the opportunity also shows he is on an upward trajectory. Now he has to prove he was worth the opportunity.
If that was the point, I didn't miss it. I completely agree he could move up the rankings, collect more attention/offers etc with a good performance. A good performance will not however move him up to a 4 star because the rankings don't work that way which was the only point I made in the first **** place lol. This is getting like in grade school where the teacher does the lesson about whispering to one kid and then passing it around the class to see what the final result is compared to what was actually said.

I hope it works out but I see a Peyton Matocha-Level Talent. He's a decent-sized kid with ok athleticism and an average arm, just like Matocha:

giphy (11).gif

If that was the point, I didn't miss it. I completely agree he could move up the rankings, collect more attention/offers etc with a good performance. A good performance will not however move him up to a 4 star because the rankings don't work that way which was the only point I made in the first **** place lol. This is getting like in grade school where the teacher does the lesson about whispering to one kid and then passing it around the class to see what the final result is compared to what was actually said.
A good performance most certainly can move him towards a 4th star. You perform well there and get more offers and perform well and camps and have a good season and it moves you towards a 4th star. Of course he can not do well at any of those things and then it would be moot because he would no longer be a take. It’s an accumulation of events that makes it happen.

Advertisement
I have absolutely no clue what you just said honestly, but no. An Elite 11 invite is not getting him to 4 star status, and neither is anything else.
So him getting invited to compete in the top QB competition in the country were only like 20 QBs get invited won't improve his stock? You must be expecting him to **** the bed or something? I wouldn't count on it, the one thing he can definitely do is throw in shorts
Edward speaks to himself in the 3rd person online.

He is that guy.

Who is a good comp for Emory Williams?
I’m not saying he will be Ken Dorsey so I’ll start there! But he’s tall and slender he gets the ball out doesn’t look like he has a rocket arm but it’s maybe a little stronger on film from what I can see. And sometimes the ball wobbles. Now because I’m no expert watch Williams come out this year and look like a slinger. But he’s similar to Kenny in that regard. I don’t at all think
He will be that type, but he looks like he can be that guy who gets the playmakers the ball, is smart, and I love how he isn’t afraid to compete or do he says.

A good performance most certainly can move him towards a 4th star. You perform well there and get more offers and perform well and camps and have a good season and it moves you towards a 4th star. Of course he can not do well at any of those things and then it would be moot because he would no longer be a take. It’s an accumulation of events that makes it happen.
Okay then I'll ask you the same thing as I did the other poster who went crickets. Give me a list of names of guys that went from completely unranked to 4 stars. It's not any accumulation of events that makes it happen, because it doesn't. The guys that eventually get bumped from 3 star to 4 didn't start at 0, then only get the obligatory .85 after P5 teams started offering.

Okay then I'll ask you the same thing as I did the other poster who went crickets. Give me a list of names of guys that went from completely unranked to 4 stars. It's not any accumulation of events that makes it happen, because it doesn't. The guys that eventually get bumped from 3 star to 4 didn't start at 0, then only get the obligatory .85 after P5 teams started offering.
Josh Jacobs was a composite 3-star recruit from Oklahoma who the Big 12 schools in the area were ignoring. Alabama offers him late. I'm talking January 29th after senior season late. 2 days after the Alabama offer 247 rates him a 4-star. Did they reevaluate the film or just see Bama offer him? Not sure. He played in Tulsa so it wasn't exactly bum**** Oklahoma. Jacobs was done doing things on the field to improve his rating and it still happened.

Advertisement
I have absolutely no clue what you just said honestly, but no. An Elite 11 invite is not getting him to 4 star status, and neither is anything else.
So outstanding play his senior season under no circumstance elevate his ranking especially if he does well at the Elite 11? Okie doke.

Josh Jacobs was a composite 3-star recruit from Oklahoma who the Big 12 schools in the area were ignoring. Alabama offers him late. I'm talking January 29th after senior season late. 2 days after the Alabama offer 247 rates him a 4-star. Did they reevaluate the film or just see Bama offer him? Not sure. He played in Tulsa so it wasn't exactly bum**** Oklahoma. Jacobs was done doing things on the field to improve his rating and it still happened.
Okay good story, and that stuff does happen. Was Josh Jacobs unranked in the spring going into his Sr season of HS and then an .85, eventually catapulting all the way up to that 4th star? If not than it has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You can be the third person I've offered then. Give me the last of names where it has
Past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Again, you want to determine on June 21st this as an absolute. Let me flip it on you. How many zero unranked kids go to 3-star and get invited to the Elite 11? I'm waiting Mr. Precedent.

Okay good story, and that stuff does happen. Was Josh Jacobs unranked in the spring going into his Sr season of HS and then an .85, eventually catapulting all the way up to that 4th star? If not than it has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion at hand.
Jordan Young, a WR out of Georgia was unranked until January 18th after his senior season and became a 4-star. You're trying to paint this into a very specific box that would require us to remember every recruiting ranking story for the last 25 years. The point is there is no obvious path to 4-star status.

Advertisement
Back