Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Who is "we"? Are you the CIS cult leader? I could argue you about this kid but it's pointless. Most people with sense realize all the 4-5 star premaddonas commit on TV closer the the UA and AA game because they love the attention and we are in the mix on plenty. Cry yourself to sleep and keep thinking this staff is failing in June.
Again you didn’t read my full earlier post. I said I believe in Mario. “We” is people who are smart enough to notice the recent trend of 3 stars. Your constant need to give empty insults is suspect tho. I’m guessing you know deep down you’re in denial.

Advertisement
Again you didn’t read my full earlier post. I said I believe in Mario. “We” is people who are smart enough to notice the recent trend of 3 stars. Your constant need to give empty insults is suspect tho. I’m guessing you know deep down you’re in denial.
I love this pickup. And I'm happy with what Mario has done so far and realize all the star players you're looking for probably won't commit until December. I'm ecstatic we got Emory. We already have TVD, Garcia for a few more years, Jury is out on Jaccuri but we are good at this position for a while so I don't understand the people flipping out. This kid is solid and I think has all the tools to produce at the next level and if our staff is excited to have him, so am I. I guess Lane Kiffin also thought he was pretty solid too since he was "going after him hard". Along with Pitt who has recruited some pretty good QBs lately. I'll side with them over a message board know it all that has probably never stepped foot on a football field

So you think if you pay Mario $8M to coach at Wake Forest you get the same class as if you pay Mario $8M to coach at Alabama?

There are 80+ variables besides whether you're a good recruiter or not. By every metric, Mario is slaying it right now. It's really hard to go up against the entrenched, CFP programs with coaching continuity. And he's making moves against them. Look at who we've been beating. Want to see the other side? Look at how FSU and even UF so far, have been struggling.

Rome wasn't built in a day, hombre. Look at how he finished last cycle for us. Look at the visits. Listen to the kids and HS coaches. Read the tea leaves. Be patient. It's going to keep getting better and better. But were not going from 20 years of **** to the very top overnight. It doesn't work that way. Mario has a grind ahead of him. And he's built for it.
The Wake comparison is silly, they recruit at a group of 5 level and always have. Miami can and usually does recruit on a top 15 level already even if the HC name is turds like Golden & Diaz.

Besides, I wasn't hating on Mario.

Just stating the fanbase should expect the world from Mario and relatively quickly. The school has backed up the Brinks truck for him and by all accounts is giving him everything he wants. The University of Miami should have top10 classes every year he is here.

If this is your take of everything then you just can’t comprehend what we’re talking about. It doesn’t matter if Emory ends up being the best player ever. The issue is us filling a class with 3 stars. One or two of them breaking out means nothing when the rest of them suck. Your receipts mean zero.

my reason for following recruiting since Schnellenburger has been and is to get to know future Canes and begin to root for them as early as possible

i think its disappointing and sad if there are true fans who follow recruiting to **** on coaches or recruits that don't fit the desired star profile or desired offer list or otherwise.

but why others follow recruiting is up to you all--- it won't change my great excitement looking forward to these many recent recruit commitments!

go canes!!

WELCOME ABOARD EMORY!!!!

my reason for following recruiting since Schnellenburger has been and is to get to know future Canes and begin to root for them as early as possible

i think its disappointing and sad if there are true fans who follow recruiting to **** on coaches or recruits that don't fit the desired star profile or desired offer list or otherwise.

but why others follow recruiting is up to you all--- it won't change my great excitement looking forward to these many recent recruit commitments!

go canes!!

WELCOME ABOARD EMORY!!!!
Miami "fans" are some of the worst in college football and this further proves that. instead of being happy for a kid and getting behind him it's always he isn't this or he doesn't have that... Just get used to it. If Mario doesn't win 15 games in his first season it'll be off with his head too. It's ridiculous

Advertisement

go canes!!

WELCOME ABOARD EMORY!!!!
God this is rough to read. Every team deserves a participation trophy too huh? Do you want to win? This is just pure losers mentality. Michael Jordan would despise you haha.

God this is rough to read. Every team deserves a participation trophy too huh? Do you want to win? This is just pure losers mentality. Michael Jordan would despise you haha.
How is this losers mentality, he is basically saying some in here are mad because Miami doesn't get or doesn't want to get the players that some desperately want.

If anything, I see a Uncle Luke mentality...

Yea because fans talking about a high school kid they’ve never seen or met on a message board is going to produce wins for Miami. You don’t have to love the commitment, but there’s nothing wrong with a fan being happy for a kid who just accepted a full ride to a P5 school.

Glad to have Emory on board. I’ll root only for his success as a I do ALL other Canes. My issue was NEVER with Emory as a prospect, my issue is with the overall trend and trajectory the class has been on. Now we have 8 commits and 7 are 3 stars. Good early evals or not, and I understand it’s only June, but it’s not a great sign in my opinion.

Louisville just got Rueben Owens to commit... whether he sticks is another conversation, but I just hope to see some action with some of the 5 star kids were in it with too. That’s all my issue ever was, never with Emory specifically as a player.

I hope to see him leading us to a national championship, as I do TVD, Garcia, Brown, Matocha.. your little brother, **** I hope to see literally anyone lead us to a national championship.
Most of the kids we are after have not committed like at all. So it's not like they are making decisions and going elsewhere. There are bound to be 3 stars in every class and they usually commit first. When we start losing targets and not get ours u can freak out. I expect us to get **** near 30 players. I don't see us picking up too many more 3 stars, plus I expect atleast 2 or 3 of them to get bumped up in the rankings. We'll see. And yes we need our share of blue chip players. But its not like we are getting average athletes either despite their lower ranking. Every player bar Emory maybe and Tinaloa who is definitely a project, look at their offer sheet. Also not sure Seymour makes it in but he may get a bump. Wait and relax. We just meander from one freak out to the next since Diaz was on his way out

Advertisement
Imagine being worried about 3 stars in June as if Mario didn't get our 70 something ranked class to top 15 literally by himself in 2 weeks.

Some of yall love hearing yourselves ***** just because you enjoy your own noise.

Jesus

Facepalm

It is almost as if suddenly we have no NIL, nothing has changed and Mario and the best staff assembled in 20+ years cannot recruit lol. FFS

With the same logic you all start hanging off nuts when they get that covered 4 star lol. Just let this staff work ffs…NIL gonna have the big fish waiting till late in the process to make their decisions so idk why you all freaking out. Sit back, light your tampon candle sticks, and enjoy the process.

Advertisement
Anyone assuming Williams will get bumped to a 4 star must have started following recruiting last week, because that doesn't happen. Kids don't go from completely unranked, to then only gaining the standard .85 rating given to any guy with P5 offers after he finally got a few, to jump to a .90 or 4 star level. It doesn't happen, and if it does it's about one kid in the country lol. At best MAYBE he gets to .87-.88 range. People assuming a future 4 star status are just verifying their cluelessness on how this works

Anyone assuming Williams will get bumped to a 4 star must have started following recruiting last week, because that doesn't happen. Kids don't go from completely unranked, to then only gaining the standard .85 rating given to any guy with P5 offers after he finally got a few, to jump to a .90 or 4 star level. It doesn't happen, and if it does it's about one kid in the country lol. At best MAYBE he gets to .87-.88 range. People assuming a future 4 star status are just verifying their cluelessness on how this works
So him being invited to the Elite 11 is a fabrication.

If he does extremely well and he gets bumped you have been following recruiting for 3 to 4 days?

It aint that serious.

Imagine the Broyles Award winning OC recruiting burnt hamster ***** at QB and fans like you being perturbed. Jesus.

Advertisement
So him being invited to the Elite 11 is a fabrication.

If he does extremely well and he gets bumped you have been following recruiting for 3 to 4 days?

It aint that serious.

Imagine the Broyles Award winning OC recruiting burnt hamster ***** at QB and fans like you being perturbed. Jesus.
I have absolutely no clue what you just said honestly, but no. An Elite 11 invite is not getting him to 4 star status, and neither is anything else.

If he does well there it does. You have no idea what will happen.

None.
I know if he does well there or not, he will not jump from an .85 to a 4 star. So yes, I do. In terms of how he will do there, correct we have no idea.

Advertisement
Back