Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

What lack of high school production?

He has a better TD to INT ratio.

He has a better completion percentage.

He just edges him in yards per game as well.

Okay, so the teams record. It doesn't look like he's costing them games by throwing interceptions, he has 3 his entire career to 10 for Rashada.

I don't know the makeup of either team, his teammates, etc. I simply don't care that much.

This isn't an argument for either, I just don't get some statements people utter then it's repeated as fact. Williams has a top 150 receiver, there's 9 other players on offense and that doesn't say what kind of offensive game planning they do. If it's only that one weapon, fine, bracket him and then what do you have?
people come on here and say anything.

Advertisement
You know how stats show that like 2% of 3 stars get drafted? Not our guys! Cause on one team one time a 3 star guy won it all!

Oh yeah all of our 3 star guys are gonna end up being 4 stars too. It’s so simple all you dummies, this is not like the hundreds of other 3 stars. Miami is back!!
People popping all that **** about 5-star QBs and championships that I just disproved. What matters is the quality of the player, not some star a recruiting website assigns to a player. Are any of those guys even qualified to evaluate QBs? It just kills me listening to recruiting media that have no experience evaluating football players let alone QBs..

People popping all that **** about 5-star QBs and championships that I just disproved. What matters is the quality of the player, not some star a recruiting website assigns to a player. Are any of those guys even qualified to evaluate QBs? It just kills me listening to recruiting media that have no experience evaluating football players let alone QBs..
Facts.

Advertisement
You know how stats show that like 2% of 3 stars get drafted? Not our guys! Cause on one team one time a 3 star guy won it all!

Oh yeah all of our 3 star guys are gonna end up being 4 stars too. It’s so simple all you dummies, this is not like the hundreds of other 3 stars. Miami is back!!
You not feeling the class?

Glad to have Emory on board. I’ll root only for his success as a I do ALL other Canes. My issue was NEVER with Emory as a prospect, my issue is with the overall trend and trajectory the class has been on. Now we have 8 commits and 7 are 3 stars. Good early evals or not, and I understand it’s only June, but it’s not a great sign in my opinion.

Louisville just got Rueben Owens to commit... whether he sticks is another conversation, but I just hope to see some action with some of the 5 star kids were in it with too. That’s all my issue ever was, never with Emory specifically as a player.

I hope to see him leading us to a national championship, as I do TVD, Garcia, Brown, Matocha.. your little brother, **** I hope to see literally anyone lead us to a national championship.

Glad to have Emory on board. I’ll root only for his success as a I do ALL other Canes. My issue was NEVER with Emory as a prospect, my issue is with the overall trend and trajectory the class has been on. Now we have 8 commits and 7 are 3 stars. Good early evals or not, and I understand it’s only June, but it’s not a great sign in my opinion.

Louisville just got Rueben Owens to commit... whether he sticks is another conversation, but I just hope to see some action with some of the 5 star kids were in it with too. That’s all my issue ever was, never with Emory specifically as a player.

I hope to see him leading us to a national championship, as I do TVD, Garcia, Brown, Matocha.. your little brother, **** I hope to see literally anyone lead us to a national championship.
I wouldn't sweat it most of these kids will end up 4*. CIS has told me so.

Who is a good comp for Emory Williams?
Im not a big time qb evaluator but ill give it a shot....
A local guy...
He has him by an inch or two but...
Brandon Doughty NFL DRAFT

Doughty ended up getting drafted as a 7th rpounder and hanging in nfl for like 3 on practice squads i guess. Emory may end up with a higher ceiling based on who he will have around him and his qb development coming in more so than even Doughty.

Advertisement

Yep, I'm holding off til after the run of OV's and decisions from next weekend til mid/late July...and definitely understand that naturally, a multitude of blue-chip prospects decide closer to NSD. Additionally, all evidence points toward signing a very large class, so we can take more of those 3-star, talented guys.

But we brought in Mario to routinely churn out Top-10 classes; it's what he does. He worked miracles with the 2022 class and closed like an absolute boss. We should see a similar product in regards to the 2023 class...I hope.

hoping that from Legends camp forward that trend changes and we land the high end 4/5 stars. I would still take "3 star" Chris Johnson as RB2

Wow kids pocket presence, footwork, decision making and release are next level! He won't remain a 3 star for long with those attributes.
I've been screaming the same thing in the Rashada thread but people are star struck. The kid is next level ready. I was told high school QBs don't read defense until the learn it in college lol. This kid reads and adjusts in the pocket. Everything you want in a QB. We got a good one

Advertisement
Im not a big time qb evaluator but ill give it a shot....
A local guy...
He has him by an inch or two but...
Brandon Doughty NFL DRAFT

Doughty ended up getting drafted as a 7th rpounder and hanging in nfl for like 3 on practice squads i guess. Emory may end up with a higher ceiling based on who he will have around him and his qb development coming in more so than even Doughty.

I might be wrong but didn’t Doughty throw for a crazy amount of yards in college?

Not saying Williams would do the same.

Last edited:
You probably thought we were going to go 15-0 every season for the last 10 years too.. Whining school girl syndrome. You should work on that.
This literally makes zero sense. If anything that’s you. You’re in denial about reality. I’m saying we’re gonna suck if we continue getting 3 stars. You all seem to think all our 3 stars should totally be 4 stars. Just like every year.

Advertisement
This literally makes zero sense. If anything that’s you. You’re in denial about reality. I’m saying we’re gonna suck if we continue getting 3 stars. You all seem to think all our 3 stars should totally be 4 stars. Just like every year.
go look at this kids film I posted and tell me you if think this kid is a true 3 star prospect. These kids haven't even played their senior years yet. so your worried about their Jr year ranking? you sound like a kid that lost and took his ball and went home.. Go to bed kid. Summer school comes early

He really does have an arm. So far the best I’ve seen is Nico the Tennessee kid. The problem with all this stuff is there’s no way to figure out the makeup of these kids. We have seen through history the many big time QBs that can’t make it at the next level because it’s more then just about a rocket arm.

The most important things are things we won’t see until they face live bullets from college defenses.

Until then it’s all conjecture.

Advertisement
Back