Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Advertisement
He really does have an arm. So far the best I’ve seen is Nico the Tennessee kid. The problem with all this stuff is there’s no way to figure out the makeup of these kids. We have seen through history the many big time QBs that can’t make it at the next level because it’s more then just about a rocket arm.
That’s why you take 2. Improve the odds.

The QB coach you are referencing, who you said "just came from App St and he may need some adjustment to P5 talent as he isn’t used to recruiting at this level" was LITERALLY a QB coach and recruiter in the ACC for two years just before he got a promotion to OC at App St. In other words, he's recruited exactly at this level before.

In fact, he was hired at Louisville by a former QB, QB coach, and noted offensive coordinator, Scott Satterfield, who was actually the OC under Mario at FIU.

As for you questioning Mario's ability to recruit QB's, and offering the false conclusion that the consensus would agree with you, Mario actually landed quite a few highly ranked QB's in his brief tenure as Oregon's HC, including two 4-star QB's and 5-star Ty Thompson, who would have been the highest ranked QB Miami has landed since Kyle Wright in 2003 if we had gotten him. He was ranked higher than Garcia, and way higher than TVD, and everyone else we've brought in.
people come on here and say anything.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ok I am thinking Emory went public today as directed by Mario for strategic reasons.

Milton (Fla.) High School quarterback Emory Williams may have announced his commitment today. But it was a long time coming.

And, in reality, he committed to Miami Hurricanes coach Mario Cristobal all the way back on June 11. He kept it secret until announcing publicly today. “That’s when I called coach Cristobal, said `Coach, I want to commit and be a Hurricane,” Williams said. “I told him I love the culture the way it’s set up, the way the coaches teach, I was very impressed with the coaching and family atmosphere and energy they bring.

“And then came my favorite part, which is coach went crazy, was so excited. That inspired me, makes me want to be the best possible quarterback I can be, do whatever I can to help the program.” He says that includes redshirting or competing to start, being the scout team QB or whatever is needed. “Whatever they have in mind is what I want,” he says. “I’ll compete.”

In the end Williams says he chose UM over USF, and programs like Florida State and Mississippi State were recruiting him hard and indicating an offer could come if he camped there. But he’s all Cane. “I’m fired up, I’m excited to be a Miami Hurricane,” Williams said.

With highly regarded QB Jaden Rashada starting his Miami official visit tomorrow, Williams says his mind won’t change if Rashada also comes on board … or if another UM target Dante Moore wants to be a Cane, either.

“They said if they take two QBs it’ll be the right two QBs, and whatever they do I’m fine with because I’m all about making the program and team better,” Williams said. “I love to compete, and having a good quarterback room raises the standard, you know?”

A final question: Hey Emory, what are your goals at Miami?

“Oh, you know that answer,” he said. “I want to win a championship, bring The U back. I think college football is at its best when Miami is playing its best.”
Oh yeah…. this was strategic. No doubt about it, now.

Welcome to the U slinger!!?

352AA5B1-AD2F-47E8-9D6F-04D017EA1160.jpeg

FDFCD8A0-6216-4D87-86B6-F13B5CEF15BF.jpeg

3E2A441A-B9AC-48A9-A125-DBEB8EF2D91A.jpeg

7B530004-1C59-433F-890F-612E3EEF4963.jpeg

Advertisement
Everybody on here I'd a typical Canes fan. whining school girl syndrome.. "But we should only be taking 6 and 7 star kids with this new staff, I thought they can recruit every single top kid in the country" blah blah blah.. I love this pickup

I’ve stayed quite on this kid thru all this. Here’s my take, for what it’s worth. I live in Navarre (south end of Santa Rosa county) biggest rival is Milton (north end of county). Watched him play Navarre last year. He and his receiver won the game. He has an amazing will to win. Can make pretty much any throw that you’d want a college qb to make. My only concern & it’s not a huge one is how he will compete vs faster, more athletic corners vs what he sees up this way.
It's all relative. WR, TE, and everyone on the field will be better as well. Question is can be be a difference-maker with the ball in his hand.

And here's why...

Chart_5.png

292 five-star recruits vs. 16,367 three-star recruits in the time span specified above. There are astronomically more 3* recruits than 5* recruits, which is why any star-ranking discussion has to revolve around percentages in order for it to make any logical sense.

Let's take it a step further. Here is a table of the consensus All-Americans between the 2013 and 2020 seasons that were also in the 2010-2018 recruiting classes.

Chart_6.png

13.36% of 5* recruits became a consensus All-American
2.4% of 4* recruits became a consensus All-American
.43% of 3* recruits became a consensus All-American

You're right that no recruit's future has been written yet. There are always exceptions to any rule and evaluations are of the utmost importance. But there's a reason every championship-contending coach, including ours, fights like **** to accumulate as much premier talent as humanly possible. When you think you have a stacked position group, land more 5* and high 4* level recruits to compete with them and let the cream rise to the top.

If the star labels really don't mean s***, then why do the same programs that land the best classes every year repeatedly end up in the CFB playoff and dominate the national title scene?
Did UGA win with a 5-star QB?

There were 4 5-star QBs that won a national championship in the 12 years of BCS era.
Vince Young 2005
Chris Leak 2006
Tim Tebow 2008
Cam Newton 2010

There were only 2 5-star QBs that won a national championship in the 11 years of the CFP era.
Jameis Winston 2013
Trevor Lawrence 2018

Alabama has not won a national championship with any 5-star QBs as a starter.

Winning a title is much more than just having a 5-star QB. Your QB needs to play well regardless of star was places on him.

Facts.

Regarding Williams, my whole point is that the young man has come late into the seen. Everyone is judging him as the 3-star label placed upon him which will likely move to 4-star. That is my point that these label ratings don't mean much as talent and their ratings are fluid.

Advertisement
@Cribby, I just don’t understand what’s not to like about the kid. Is it just a star thing? From what I’ve seen, The young man is pretty **** good. It is possible for kids to “fall through the cracks” in 2022. The staff likes this kid, and I do too. Yes JR is good… so is Moore. No knock on any of those 2 young men. I’m in the camp of “not caring if we whiff on both big name QBs THIS YEAR…and we sign Williams”. Recruiting is one thing that I won’t worry about under Mario and staff…… UNTIL they show me that I need to worry about their recruiting prowess. Manny is not running **** anymore.
Yeah just a star thing. Lucky us all of our 3 stars are going to pan. This is not like the past 3 stars. Totally not. I’m really hoping all the players we land are 3 stars at best cause it’s great how much denial we’re all in.

Did UGA win with a 5-star QB?

There were 4 5-star QBs that won a national championship in the 12 years of BCS era.
Vince Young 2005
Chris Leak 2006
Tim Tebow 2008
Cam Newton 2010

There were only 2 5-star QBs that won a national championship in the 11 years of the CFP era.
Jameis Winston 2013
Trevor Lawrence 2018

Alabama has not won a national championship with any 5-star QBs as a starter.

Winning a title is much more than just having a 5-star QB. Your QB needs to play well regardless of star was places on him.

Facts.

Regarding Williams, my whole point is that the young man has come late into the seen. Everyone is judging him as the 3-star label placed upon him which will likely move to 4-star. That is my point that these label ratings don't mean much as talent and their ratings are fluid.
You know how stats show that like 2% of 3 stars get drafted? Not our guys! Cause on one team one time a 3 star guy won it all!

Oh yeah all of our 3 star guys are gonna end up being 4 stars too. It’s so simple all you dummies, this is not like the hundreds of other 3 stars. Miami is back!!

Advertisement
You know how stats show that like 2% of 3 stars get drafted? Not our guys! Cause on one team one time a 3 star guy won it all!

Oh yeah all of our 3 star guys are gonna end up being 4 stars too. It’s so simple all you dummies, this is not like the hundreds of other 3 stars. Miami is back!!
You probably thought we were going to go 15-0 every season for the last 10 years too.. Whining school girl syndrome. You should work on that.

Advertisement
Back