Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

For fvcks sake evaluations are a subset of the bigger recruiting picture. I said Ponce may need time to adjust, I stand by that. He spent 5 years at FIU then was the co OC/QB coach at App St. He then went on to be QB coach at UL for two years, he did so well, so well as you stated yourself, that he went back to App St the next year and was OC/QB coach. A coach who is 51 year and only been at a P5 level may in fact need time to adjust. I brought up Golden because he was at Miami for 5 years and it took him years before he realized that what looked good to him wasn't gonna cut it.

Overall, I say one thing that doesnt have me felating the staff and you called it inaccurate criticism. Once again the QB stuff was a topic of conversation on this very site. I do give the staff the benefit of the doubt and praise their efforts on the recruiting trail in countless threads, but I'm not a yes man and will sometimes say things that the sunshine pumpers freak out over. I even said it was a slight question mark and here comes Karen the Wolf...
And development to a certain player and their abilities is the true key to a recruitment. Some sub sets simply don't relate. I honestly haven't read much of this so maybe you're not trying to be critical of frank and the fact he's only been at a lower level but I'd imagine you realize the same as most at app St he had better QB play then basically everything we've seen here in awhile. So I'd say his evaluations were on point but most importantly he knows how to develope his room. That's what truly matters is getting the most out of your position group. I'm excited for what frank can bring here.

Advertisement
Tbh I hope he is loyal. The staff obviously loves him and they've shown him more attention than any other schools hate to see that go to waste.
I just don’t want him getting impatient sitting behind upperclassmen.

If a guy same class or younger jumps ahead of you, transferring is understandable. But if Jacurri develops well , I would hope Rashad can be patient. He can be the heir apparent in a well oiled machine.

Advertisement
Any concern this kids recruitment continues to blow up and he takes a step back to explore other options? Glad to get another commit but it doesn’t sound like this kid has experienced that much of recruitment process so far. I could be wrong and I’m mostly basing this on previous comments.

I just don’t want him getting impatient sitting behind upperclassmen.

If a guy same class or younger jumps ahead of you, transferring is understandable. But if Jacurri develops well , I would hope Rashad can be patient. He can be the heir apparent in a well oiled machine.
Rashada would probably leave after two years if he's not a lock to be a starter or at least have a QB competition

Advertisement
most did, the difference in arm strength was really obvious from the get-go. That was one of those decisions from Butch that many questioned...
Whoever questioned that was simply a moron and a jackass. As someone mentioned in a comment I just read(not sure who) if they would've been afforded the luxury of being able to sit while they developed than yes 1000000% Scott beats out Ryan. Reality is that option didn't exist. One had to play immediately & Scott couldn't even begin to read a defense that did anything beyond simply line up while Ryan was somewhat methodical with that. His pre snap reads were almost always on point. He was actually a big part in helping our defense develope because he was encouraged to come in during practice when he'd see us doing something wrong. Would call out tells on a regular. He just for whatever reason physically couldn't be on par with what he was seeing mentally...

Whoever questioned that was simply a moron and a jackass. As someone mentioned in a comment I just read(not sure who) if they would've been afforded the luxury of being able to sit while they developed than yes 1000000% Scott beats out Ryan. Reality is that option didn't exist. One had to play immediately & Scott couldn't even begin to read a defense that did anything beyond simply line up while Ryan was somewhat methodical with that. His pre snap reads were almost always on point. He was actually a big part in helping our defense develope because he was encouraged to come in during practice when he'd see us doing something wrong. Would call out tells on a regular. He just for whatever reason physically couldn't be on par with what he was seeing mentally...

This. I recall hearing about Scott never getting a shot bc he just didn’t grasp the playbook and clement had it all except he was limited physically (slow and average to below average arm). Clement had the brains and had the intensity to be a leader but physical limitations held him back.

Advertisement
To be honest, this smells a ton like one of those "your move, Rashada" commitments. Rashada isn't going to be scared of some mid three-star, so if he commits to the good guys on the 26th, Williams eventually backs off when UF and FSU come sneaking around after being left out on the cold.

Just me, but I’d rather have Moore. I know Rashada can move has a big arm etc. But he looks like he is raw. If we get him I’ll be thrilled. My opinion

Just me, but I’d rather have Moore. I know Rashada can move has a big arm etc. But he looks like he is raw. If we get him I’ll be thrilled. My opinion
Moore is further advanced right now. However, Rashada throws as good of a ball as you will see coming out of HS. He needs some development, but that is one **** of a ball he throws. I think the 2 man QB class with him and Williams makes a ton of sense.

Advertisement
I read an evaluation of the 3 QB's that was done recently by a guy who has been evaluating QB's for over 15 years ... HIS OPINION is that they rank as follows:

-Moore #1 ... best skill set and very coachable deficiencies.
-Williams #2 ... almost as good as Moore ... very coachable deficiencies ... would be ready to go with a RS year.
-Rashada #3 ... best ball is the deep ball ... really needs a clean pocket ... has a lot of issues that need to be cleaned
up with mechanics compared to the other two.

The guy who has this opinion is a football coach and has been for over 20 years. There is a reason the staff really likes Williams. It's not just to fill a slot. Kid can play.
Ask him his opinion on who has the highest ceiling.

Moore is further advanced right now. However, Rashada throws as good of a ball as you will see coming out of HS. He needs some development, but that is one **** of a ball he throws. I think the 2 man QB class with him and Williams makes a ton of sense.
He really does have an arm. So far the best I’ve seen is Nico the Tennessee kid. The problem with all this stuff is there’s no way to figure out the makeup of these kids. We have seen through history the many big time QBs that can’t make it at the next level because it’s more then just about a rocket arm.

Any concern this kids recruitment continues to blow up and he takes a step back to explore other options? Glad to get another commit but it doesn’t sound like this kid has experienced that much of recruitment process so far. I could be wrong and I’m mostly basing this on previous comments.
That’s a concern for most kids.

There’s people in this thread having a literal tempter tantrum because the staff likes this kid so much. Posting the same type of comments for over a month now. At this point you should just stomp your feet while crossing your arms, threatening to hold your breath if they take him.
I Cant Hear You Wedding Crashers GIF by HBO Max

Advertisement
Back