Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Ok but you are conflating things and moving the goalposts to suit your arguments in what honestly feels like a misguided and inaccurate criticism of our staff to me.

Are you talking about Mario's recruiting or evaluating? Because you said recruiting. Now you're changing it to evaluating.

And Like I pointed out, Mario actually brought in quite a few highly ranked QB's, including a guy who would have been the highest ranked QB at Miami since 2003. So recruiting, check. And let's not pretend that we knew the whole story of Mario at UO. He was still building. He was winning and having success while building, but he was still getting it going. So it was a small sample as far as evaluating.

As for Ponce... wait, is it "he may need some adjustment to P5 talent as he isn’t used to recruiting at this level" which is what you said and I replied to? Or are you now trying to completely change the subject to... I don't even know what. No amigo, he doesn't need to "adjust to coaching at the Power-5 level" as he was a Power-5 QB coach, just like he is now, in fact, in the same ACC conference we play in just two years ago. And I guess you are trying pivot a bit, but hew was well-regarded enough at the Ville to get poached for a promotion to an OC job.

How many QB coaches do you think are out there, that have a bunch of experience recruiting and landing 5-star QB's, who are still QB coaches? Very few guys land 5-stars, and those who do usually become OC's pretty quick. I think you're being unfair. As you said, Mario nailed the staff. Maybe give him the benefit of the doubt on Ponce too. Remember Mario's #1 skill requirement is recruiting, recruiting, recruiting.
Mario recruited Ty Hilton and Antonio Brown to fiu when nobody wanted any of them. I think he can evaluate.
AB got Into to some trouble before he could join the team.
Mario can evaluate.

Advertisement
To be honest, this smells a ton like one of those "your move, Rashada" commitments. Rashada isn't going to be scared of some mid three-star, so if he commits to the good guys on the 26th, Williams eventually backs off when UF and FSU come sneaking around after being left out on the cold.
Tbh I hope he is loyal. The staff obviously loves him and they've shown him more attention than any other schools hate to see that go to waste.

I could bump threads that would end careers on this site lol. I’m just classy.

1655766235719.png

Tbh I hope he is loyal. The staff obviously loves him and they've shown him more attention than any other schools hate to see that go to waste.
Yeah I agree, but if Rashada commits to us (which to be quite frank, I am doubting more and more as the day goes on; following the negative trend of choosing a last-min OV on a Monday night + other QB target commits while this dude is in the air on his way down here), I wouldn't blame the kid if one of the other two "premier" Florida schools came snooping around and basically guaranteed him a very easy path to QB1.

Advertisement
I don’t want a single recruit afraid to compete regardless of what stars are next to his name.

Gaytors fans don't know whether to tell us that Rashada is afraid to compete if he doesn't pick the ACC...or that Rashada is afraid to compete because he won't go to Miami when Williams just committed...

Yup, almost have to even if its not Rashada. I don't want to go into 2023 with 3 college game unproven QBs and it will be a tough sell to get a high level transfer to enter that room.
We need to take care of business and blow out the teams we’re supposed to so we can get Garcia snaps. Let JB redshirt, but still play in the 4 games.

He enrolled in the summer of 2019. This is his fourth year, and he is on track to graduate. "Remaining eligibility" (with or without COVID) doesn't mean much when you don't play. He will either grad-transfer elsewhere, or get on with his real life.

Love the kid, nothing against him, but if he didn't get any real PT last year with King and Garcia hurt, he's not going to get any now with Garcia back and Brown enrolled, or next year with 1 or 2 new QBs.
Doesn’t matter. Will never start a game for Canes..he gone after December or April(degree).

Advertisement
Advertisement
He said the coaches plan to RS him, so he’ll have to opportunity to practice/learn (granted in game is another level). If he don’t cut it, then he’ll be passed up/replaced.
Like his attitude ... coming in to learn, improve, compete. Good addition.

Advertisement
I could bump threads that would end careers on this site lol. I’m just classy.
They were crapping on him last offseason when I said he is a better pure QB than King and would run Lashlee offense better because he is better a reading the defense. I saw it in the spring game. One thing to never trust message board louds mouths on is OL and QB. Let the coaches do their job.

And when people are wrong they aint gonna come back and apologize, move to the next

Advertisement
Back