Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
For fvcks sake evaluations are a subset of the bigger recruiting picture. I said Ponce may need time to adjust, I stand by that. He spent 5 years at FIU then was the co OC/QB coach at App St. He then went on to be QB coach at UL for two years, he did so well, so well as you stated yourself, that he went back to App St the next year and was OC/QB coach. A coach who is 51 year and only been at a P5 level may in fact need time to adjust. I brought up Golden because he was at Miami for 5 years and it took him years before he realized that what looked good to him wasn't gonna cut it.

Overall, I say one thing that doesnt have me felating the staff and you called it inaccurate criticism. Once again the QB stuff was a topic of conversation on this very site. I do give the staff the benefit of the doubt and praise their efforts on the recruiting trail in countless threads, but I'm not a yes man and will sometimes say things that the sunshine pumpers freak out over. I even said it was a slight question mark and here comes Karen the Wolf...

Geesh buddy, I didn't mean to mess with your blood pressure. Sorry!!

Advertisement
All I know is people craped on TVD’s Level of competition in his film and his Arm strength. I think that’s worked out pretty well. There was a ton to like in his film. On one throw he throws it from the hash 30 yards up the filed to the opposite sideline on a flag route. That ball was about 65 yards in the air. He also has a couple of deep out routes that shows arm talent. You can’t always judge that on deep balls in high school. I like this pick up.

Advertisement
Bylsma.gif

Matocha is a senior?

He enrolled in the summer of 2019. This is his fourth year, and he is on track to graduate. "Remaining eligibility" (with or without COVID) doesn't mean much when you don't play. He will either grad-transfer elsewhere, or get on with his real life.

Love the kid, nothing against him, but if he didn't get any real PT last year with King and Garcia hurt, he's not going to get any now with Garcia back and Brown enrolled, or next year with 1 or 2 new QBs.

Advertisement
Back