Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Advertisement
Yes, what is wrong with categorical raw data?
What raw data? The young man hasn't even played his senior season of high school which is my point.

You're trying to make a blank statistical reference based on recruiting service evaluations from his junior year.

He's now going to the Elite 11 finals. Update your fake stats.

A better metric would be Elite 11 QBs playing at the P5 level. If he does well or even wins the Elite 11, then what?

How about we let time play itself out.

What raw data? The young man hasn't even played his senior season of high school which is my point.

You're trying to make a blank statistical reference based on recruiting service evaluations from his junior year.

He's now going to the Elite 11 finals. Update your fake stats.

A better metric would be Elite 11 QBs playing at the P5 level. If he does well or even wins the Elite 11, then what?

How about we let time play itself out.
Look… I responded to a post that referenced him being a 3 STAR and saying we don’t know what he will be, he could be a Mac Jones for all we know. I said, yes he could but statistically based on his rating he is more likely to never start at a P5 than being a Mac Jones. We don’t know what he will become and I agreed. The metric was set and you could not follow the simple conversation I was having with another poster. You charged into the convo with poor reading comprehension and changed the entire parameters of said conversation and hence why I laughed at you.

Look… I responded to a post that referenced him being a 3 STAR and saying we don’t know what he will be, he could be a Mac Jones for all we know. I said, yes he could but statistically based on his rating he is more likely to never start at a P5 than being a Mac Jones. We don’t know what he will become and I agreed. The metric was set and you could not follow the simple conversation I was having with another poster. You charged into the convo with poor reading comprehension and changed the entire parameters of said conversation and hence why I laughed at you.
Nah fella. Nothing wrong with my reading comp. You made a blanket statement on statistics with no factual reference. You didn't even quote the 3-stars which would be inaccurate at this point.

It's this mentality of CIS that drives me crazy. People putting kids in boxes based on ratings.

If we weren't even recruiting Williams and knew nothing about him until after an exceptional Elite 11 Finals performance, the narrative would be completely different. You wouldn't even have made the statement of statistically not likely to be a P5 starter. People would say, "We need to get this kid." It wouldn't even be a debate. Instead, "He's a 3-star. Statistically, he won't be a P5 starter."

Basically, you used the label that has been put upon him. That’s what I have a problem with.

Last edited:
Nah fella. Nothing wrong with my reading comp. You made a blanket statement on statistics with no factual reference. You didn't even quote the 3-stars which would be inaccurate at this point.

It's this mentality of CIS that drives me crazy. People putting kids in boxes based on ratings.

If we weren't even recruiting Williams and knew nothing about him until after an exceptional Elite 11 Finals performance, the narrative would be completely different. You wouldn't even have made the statement of statistically not likely to be a P5 starter. People would say, "We need to get this kid." It wouldn't even be a debate. Instead, "He's a 3-star. Statistically, he won't be a P5 starter."
You make no fvckin sense and your reading comp is in fact ****. I have no problem with Emory either, what I have a problem is the spin that came upon recruiting him and how he now was just as good as Rashada. The same rationalization we have seen for 15 years for us Canes. Reality is Emory is an okay prospect, if he ends up our QB this year fine, but he isn’t top tier. So let’s play your ****** game of ***** the ratings which we already have but fvck it… he has no offers even though his WR is a top 150 player committed to UGA of all places. He finished last year on a team with a record of 5-5 in a part of the state that has weak competition. Yes the odds of him being a 1st round QB is lower than the odds of him never starting for a P5 school. Of course that can change never said it couldn’t but I’m saying this based on where we are right now. I feel I do this with posters like you every year. Previously it was Dewey and a Winston, or Keion Payne and Joyner. Better yet how Kevin Nelson was the best Mike in the state. Recently it was players like Flagg. I could go on and on. Yes once in a while the opposite happens but there is a grave yard the size of Lake Michigan that shows the opposite

Last edited:
Advertisement
You make no fvckin sense and your reading comp is in fact ****. I have no problem with Emory either, what I have a problem is the spin that came upon recruiting him and how he now was just as good as Rashada. The same rationalization we have seen for 15 years for us Canes. Reality is Emory is an okay prospect, if he ends up our QB this year fine, but he isn’t top tier. So let’s play your ****** game of ***** the ratings which we already have but fvck it… he has no offers even though his WR is a top 150 player committed to UGA of all places. He finished last year on a team with a record of 5-5 in a part of the state that has weak competition. Yes the odds of him being a 1st round QB is lower than the odds of him never starting for a P5 school. Of course that can change never said it couldn’t but I’m saying this based on where we are right now. I feel I do this with posters like you every year. Previously it was Dewey and a Winston, or Keion Payne and Joyner. Better yet how Kevin Nelson was the best Mike in the state. Recently it was players like Flagg. I could go on and on. Yes once in a while the opposite happens but there is a grace yard the size of Lake Michigan that shows the opposite
Junior season. A whole year to get better.
STFU!!!!

Stop putting math in there you don't even have. It doesn't make you look smarter.

"He's OK." Like you have evaluated him.

Last edited:
I love this and makes me happy it seems like our staff is right in line. I also liked Moore the best. Only kid I liked more out of what I saw is the Niko kid committed to UT.
I read an evaluation of the 3 QB's that was done recently by a guy who has been evaluating QB's for over 15 years ... HIS OPINION is that they rank as follows:

-Moore #1 ... best skill set and very coachable deficiencies.
-Williams #2 ... almost as good as Moore ... very coachable deficiencies ... would be ready to go with a RS year.
-Rashada #3 ... best ball is the deep ball ... really needs a clean pocket ... has a lot of issues that need to be cleaned
up with mechanics compared to the other two.

The guy who has this opinion is a football coach and has been for over 20 years. There is a reason the staff really likes Williams. It's not just to fill a slot. Kid can play.

i agree with this.

I also stand by my prior evaluation of williams, and there's a reason the staff likes him a lot.

he may not end up in the class, but that the staff would be more than willing to have him, speaks volumes.

mario has made it abundantly clear he will not (like manny, golden, etc.,) take kids just to fill roster space, and would rather have nobody than someone he believes can't develop into a contributor. if a kid is being recruited by mario, it means he has a conviction the kid could be player.

Why wouldn't he see a P5 field? Because some 3-star rating is attached to his forehead? There are more former 3-star QB's that are in the current top 20 of starting NFL QB's (11). Those star labels don't mean **** unless you're #1 or #2 at your position.

He's going to compete at the Elite 11 finals. That makes him at least #20 if he finishes in last place.

It just kills me time and time again how people put labels and ceilings on what people can do. Especially with these high school kids.

Good or bad, his future hasn't been written.

And here's why...

Chart_5.png

292 five-star recruits vs. 16,367 three-star recruits in the time span specified above. There are astronomically more 3* recruits than 5* recruits, which is why any star-ranking discussion has to revolve around percentages in order for it to make any logical sense.

Let's take it a step further. Here is a table of the consensus All-Americans between the 2013 and 2020 seasons that were also in the 2010-2018 recruiting classes.

Chart_6.png

13.36% of 5* recruits became a consensus All-American
2.4% of 4* recruits became a consensus All-American
.43% of 3* recruits became a consensus All-American

You're right that no recruit's future has been written yet. There are always exceptions to any rule and evaluations are of the utmost importance. But there's a reason every championship-contending coach, including ours, fights like **** to accumulate as much premier talent as humanly possible. When you think you have a stacked position group, land more 5* and high 4* level recruits to compete with them and let the cream rise to the top.

If the star labels really don't mean s***, then why do the same programs that land the best classes every year repeatedly end up in the CFB playoff and dominate the national title scene?

Last edited:
Advertisement
And here's why...

Chart_5.png

292 five-star recruits vs. 16,367 three-star recruits in the time span specified above. There are astronomically more 3* recruits than 5* recruits, which is why any star-ranking discussion has to revolve around percentages in order for it to make any logical sense.

Let's take it a step further. Here is a table of the consensus All-Americans between the 2013 and 2020 seasons that were also in the 2010-2018 recruiting classes.

Chart_6.png

You're right that no recruit's future has been written yet. There are always exceptions to any rule and evaluations are of the utmost importance. But there's a reason every championship-contending coach, including ours, fights like **** to accumulate as much premier talent as humanly possible. When you think you have a stacked position group, land more 5* and high 4* level recruits to compete with them and let the cream rise to the top.

If the star labels really don't mean s***, then why do the same programs that land the best classes every year repeatedly end up in the CFB playoff and dominate the national title scene?
You are explaining this to a rock. Any competent individual already understands this.

Thats always the same go to excuse. We peasants don't like him because of "sTaRs."

Let me guess. His "tape" is that single highlight clip off Twitter right? The one put together by the QB coach who is paid to promote the guys he tutors, and posts a few seconds worth of highlight clips, then calls them "one of the best QB in the nation"? It could've taken him 20 tries to get that footwork good enough for that clip.

Not everybody who isn't in love with this guy is looking at stars.
@cway313
Go look at his YouTube film. his pocket presence is insane for a high-school kid.. Plus he is invited to the elite 11 finals so he must be garbage.. right? He has "IT"

And here's why...

Chart_5.png

Chart_6.png

That last paragraph should be engraved on the office of every recruiting department

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back