Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Advertisement
Depends where he goes and who is recruited the year after him or even who transfers in.

There's some solid QB's out there who never get to shine due to where they go, injuries, bad timing, etc.

Seeing who led UGA to a NC, if that kid can start there so could this kid, plenty of others as well. There's nothing I've seen that says he would never see the field in P5.
Reading comprehension… your last statement may very well be correct, I just said there is a much greater chance he never starts at a P5 than he is another Mac Jones

Advertisement
then why is the staff going so hard after Rashada, getting him to delay his commitment despite knowing that UF has a 1.5 mil per offer on the table? Wouldn't they want to laser focus on Moore? It seems the staff's evals have Rashada as QB1
why wouldn't they? This ain't your "manny's" way of recruiting anymore. There is a lot going on behind the scenes as I am sure you can imagine. NIL obviously makes things more difficult.

Why not sign two QB’s..high probability TVD is gone after this coming season and so is the QB from Texas who will never start here. That leaves García as the 23 starter more than likely and Brown who by most accounts needs 2-3 years to develop.

And does anyone think Rashada or Moore would be concerned over Williams committing? Doubt it.

I read an evaluation of the 3 QB's that was done recently by a guy who has been evaluating QB's for over 15 years ... HIS OPINION is that they rank as follows:

-Moore #1 ... best skill set and very coachable deficiencies.
-Williams #2 ... almost as good as Moore ... very coachable deficiencies ... would be ready to go with a RS year.
-Rashada #3 ... best ball is the deep ball ... really needs a clean pocket ... has a lot of issues that need to be cleaned
up with mechanics compared to the other two.

The guy who has this opinion is a football coach and has been for over 20 years. There is a reason the staff really likes Williams. It's not just to fill a slot. Kid can play.
I love this and makes me happy it seems like our staff is right in line. I also liked Moore the best. Only kid I liked more out of what I saw is the Niko kid committed to UT.

Advertisement
Why not sign two QB’s..high probability TVD is gone after this coming season and so is the QB from Texas who will never start here. That leaves García as the 23 starter more than likely and Brown who by most accounts needs 2-3 years to develop.

And does anyone think Rashada or Moore would be concerned over Williams committing? Doubt it.
Everyone keeps saying TVD is gone but is he really?

Now all we need is 5 first round skill players, an NFL online and Sark.
Alonzo-Mourning.gif

Advertisement
He very well could be but the probabilities say that there is a much greater chance he never sees the field at a P5.
Why wouldn't he see a P5 field? Because some 3-star rating is attached to his forehead? There are more former 3-star QB's that are in the current top 20 of starting NFL QB's (11). Those star labels don't mean **** unless you're #1 or #2 at your position.

He's going to compete at the Elite 11 finals. That makes him at least #20 if he finishes in last place.

It just kills me time and time again how people put labels and ceilings on what people can do. Especially with these high school kids.

Good or bad, his future hasn't been written.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't he see a P5 field? Because some 3-star rating is attached to his forehead? There are more former 3-star QB's that are in the current top 20 of starting NFL QB's (11). Those star labels don't mean **** unless you're #1 or #2 at your position.

He's going to compete at the Elite 11 finals. That makes him at least #20 if he finishes in last place.

It just kills me time and time again how people put labels and ceilings on what people can do. Especially with these high school kids.

Good or bad, his future hasn't been written.
😂

Advertisement
We don't live in a perfect world. The reality is that if Garcia starts in 2023 and 2024, Moore or Rashada likely won't stick.

If Garcia wasn't injured last year, I don't know if he would have stuck around to sit another year if he were beat out by TVD. Because TVD became the defacto starter with King and Garcia injured, it's easier for Garcia to accept its TVD's job.

If you have a top 5 QB, he's going to expect to compete for the starting job in year 2 or will likely go elsewhere to be an instant starter.
You realize he’s talking about Lamar Seymour right???

then why is the staff going so hard after Rashada, getting him to delay his commitment despite knowing that UF has a 1.5 mil per offer on the table? Wouldn't they want to laser focus on Moore? It seems the staff's evals have Rashada as QB1
Maybe they feel they have a closer relationship with Rashada and Rashada is closer to making a decision while Moore may extend things out into the season. If both are closely rated 5 stars maybe they're happy to get whichever one commits first.

If they wait until the season and Moore goes elsewhere then they're mostly likely threading in settling territory. The good QBs usually commit early.

Advertisement
Back