Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Love the last part of your post. Just because I’ve said that the staff may like Williams and referred to the posit about NFL QBs that weren’t 5 star QBs doesn’t mean I also don’t want highly talented or the best QBs. People assume things around here sometimes.
That was not my intention. A lot of CIS get all worked up over any 5-star. I was just pointing out that a 5-star QB doesn't guarantee success and people should temper their expectations.

Any QB (any player for that matter) needs to be developed at the college level. It's up the individual to determine their own destiny.

Advertisement
That was not my intention. A lot of CIS get all worked up over any 5-star. I was just pointing out that a 5-star QB doesn't guarantee success and people should temper their expectations.

Any QB (any player for that matter) needs to be developed at the college level. It's up the individual to determine their own destiny.
Brother you’re good! Was not at all meant for you! Just saying in general and some moron above in this thread calls people morons and idiots when he can’t comprehend English. Same
Page dude

Advertisement
The funny thing about that is if we do in fact want to take two QBs, the staff doesn’t think our QB room is as loaded as many on here think…

We probably lose TVD and Matocha. That leaves two quarterbacks on the roster.

Signing two allows us to develop some young guys patiently and doesn’t leave us in a number crisis if some body transfers.

I like the comparison of Rashada/Williams to Tua/Jones. This approach allows you to develop guys in house to your system and culture.

Taking two guys says more about the foresight of our coaches than the talent in the room.

P

Signing two allows us to develop some young guys patiently and doesn’t leave us in a number crisis if some body transfers.

I like the comparison of Rashada/Williams to Tua/Jones. This approach allows you to develop guys in house to your system and culture.

Taking two guys says more about the foresight of our coaches than the talent in the room.
long as Garcia is around we are gonna be strong. Brown I really like. If we are down to QB3 90% of programs would be screwed. And since this entire board has TVD leaving what if he comes back? Probably means Garcia bounces and a major QB is needed in THIS class. Who the heck knows

#1CF - does it matter if they are a success in the NFL?

We are talking college football. There are so many examples of good winning, successful QBs that didn’t amount to much of anything in the NFL (let’s just use our program QBs as examples - Torreta, Kenny Dorsey), Tebow at UiF, the Nebraska QBs, most of the Ohio State QBs, etc.

Let’s just worry about getting wins here at this program. The higher ranked, the higher rate of success at this level. Of this 3 star happens to rise to the top, so be it.

The argument of 5 stars vs 3 stars isn’t being held with proper context.

There are more 3 star quarterbacks among the top guys in the nfl. People counter that the championship college teams all have higher ranked quarterbacks. The problem with that rebuttal is the top teams recruit 5 stars at EVERY position, so it stands to reason that is what will eventually start for them.

Georgia is the only team stacked enough to beat Alabama without intrepid quarterback play. Everyone else needs a super hero to take them down.

Very few of the elite 3 stars will play for titles because the most talented teams can cherry pick blue chip prospects. They get overlooked unless there is a situation like what got Jones to Bama.

It’s pointless to argue over this because both sides are right. The key is getting the right guy. Pursuing Williams has no effect on Rashada or Moore. It’s good strategy, especially if we don’t land either 5 star.

Advertisement
P

long as Garcia is around we are gonna be strong. Brown I really like. If we are down to QB3 90% of programs would be screwed. And since this entire board has TVD leaving what if he comes back? Probably means Garcia bounces and a major QB is needed in THIS class. Who the heck knows

Exactly.

Either way, we need the numbers and don’t have to scramble and pray to get a portal guy.

I’m sure you were a mindless, obedient clown in 2017 saying the same thing about daddy and son Richt QB evaluations

I didn't know what you decided back then, or I would have known the true gospel.

This board is better for you now honoring us all by sharing your all-knowing final decisions for our Canes recruiting.

Thank you!

Advertisement
Advertisement

Would you compare Garcia/Brown to Leak & Teblow 🤔 that's 4 NC qb's if you do 😎

I like the idea of getting Williams and he could develop into a really good QB....but right now there is ZERO valid basis for your claim.
It’s not even close as of right now. Doesn’t mean Williams can’t grow into someone who runs a team:

Advertisement
Back