Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Advertisement
The Williams family are liars if they go looking for an FSU offer. FSU also has a QB actually committed. This kid is looking for an excuse not to come here.

He’s an uncommitted kid who was basically told we will take him but are looking to take Rashada too. I don’t see anything wrong.
1) We bowed out on Rashada. Go read the thread. We’re looking at Moore.

2) We told him we want a 2 QB class and are looking at other QBs. FSU literally has the other QB committed. They’re liars.

Advertisement
The Williams family are liars if they go looking for an FSU offer. FSU also has a QB actually committed. This kid is looking for an excuse not to come here.
why are you attacking the family. we are clearly looking at other QB's which we should be and even entertaining taking 2. So if we are upfront with them about that, whats wrong if they see if they can get in a class where they are the only? And yes you said FSU has a commit. Nothing is binding until they sign. Nothing wrong with these players looking. We are definitely not gonna get ourselves left at the alter begging on guy like the Gators

1) We bowed out on Rashada. Go read the thread. We’re looking at Moore.

2) We told him we want a 2 QB class and are looking at other QBs. FSU literally has the other QB committed. They’re liars.
1) I read the thread, that doesn’t mean when we spoke to him a few days ago we bowed out. It’s reported we told him this weekend we would take him but are still pursuing 1 of the other 2.
2) how does that make them liars?

why are you attacking the family. we are clearly looking at other QB's which we should be and even entertaining taking 2. So if we are upfront with them about that, whats wrong if they see if they can get in a class where they are the only? And yes you said FSU has a commit. Nothing is binding until they sign. Nothing wrong with these players looking. We are definitely not gonna get ourselves left at the alter begging on guy like the Gators
Rigggggggght. Kid heard that then wants to go throw for a school with another QB that’s committed. Y’all “men” need to learn to start calling a spade a spade. He held out on throwing until it was obvious he had no offer until he does. Once he throws and they tell him they’re taking 2 he goes and looks for other offers. He’s using us a a stepping stone.

Rigggggggght. Kid heard that then wants to go throw for a school with another QB that’s committed. Y’all “men” need to learn to start calling a spade a spade. He held out on throwing until it was obvious he had no offer until he does. Once he throws and they tell him they’re taking 2 he goes and looks for other offers. He’s using us a a stepping stone.
You are basically saying Miami offers an up and coming kid who just got an elite 11 invite with the knowledge they want him as qb2 and if he throws for anyone else his family is somehow liars. It doesn’t make any sense. What did they lie about? What are you talking about?

Advertisement
FSU is supposedly looking to take two QBs too. Parsons may not be one of them. They offered two other QBs in May/June: Purdue commit 4 star Rickie Collins and 3 star Brock Glenn. Both of them visited FSU this past weekend.

Parsons visited Miss State

FSU is supposedly looking to take two QBs too. Parsons may not be one of them. They offered two other QBs in May/June: Purdue commit 4 star Rickie Collins and 3 star Brock Glenn. Both of them visited FSU this past weekend.

Parsons visited Miss State
Well look at that…

I’m not gonna call anyone a liar cause we do not know what is going on with Mario Rashada and Williams.
What I do know is good luck with a panhandle kid when when methville comes calling.

If we are allegedly not getting into a bidding war with the lizards for Rashada, then I doubt we’re gonna get into a bidding war with the semenholes over Williams
If we do then this Williams kid better be the darling of the elite 11.

Your reasoning is weak at best. This guy is a 85 3 star which alot of man on this board don't want. Tf he using Miami as a stepping stone to, FSU? Give your head a wobble por favor. If ima kid and a QB and they say yeah, we might take two Qb's, im definitely weighing my options, you don't have to just compete with players ahead of you and behind but another in the same class.

Advertisement
Well if that all-caps "HARD PASS" is your decision, please make sure Mario and Ponce know so they won't waste anymore time on Williams.

I think I can speak for everyone that your decision is likely the final word.
I’m sure you were a mindless, obedient clown in 2017 saying the same thing about daddy and son Richt QB evaluations

You're just enventing things I didn't even say. Who cares about QB play 20 years ago? Your not even on the same topic as what I said.

I pointed to Clemson in the past 5 years getting 5-star QBs that haven't panned out. It wasn't about just any QB production. It's about the 5-star QBs which is what I pointed to. You created something I didn't even say.

They had Trevor Lawrence (5-star) and DeShawn Watson (4-star) that have been their difference makers that helped make CFP appearances and win them 2 titles.

They've had 2 5-stars and a highly rated 4-star in recent years that didn't have success at Clemson or at another school after transferring including DJ U. This year will be the make or break narrative for DJ U. Hunter Johnson transfered to Northwestern and is now back at Clemson for which I have no idea why. Taisun Phommachanh has transferred to GT.

You obviously missed the point of just getting a 5 -star QB doesn't guarantee success. You can also deplete your QB room stacking multiple 5-star QBs because they will transfer. They're not going to sit for more than 1 year. Clemson has had a couple years with limited scholarship QBs due to transfers.

Don't be misguided. I want the best QBs. It's just not an exact science.
Love the last part of your post. Just because I’ve said that the staff may like Williams and referred to the posit about NFL QBs that weren’t 5 star QBs doesn’t mean I also don’t want highly talented or the best QBs. People assume things around here sometimes.

Advertisement
watching the narrative shift right before our eyes

I don't know if it's the narrative, but this kid went from a Pensacola-adjacent-area kid who didn't do camps and who wasn't even recruited by Panhandle powerhouses like the Gaytors and SemenHoles...to a kid who made the Elite 11.

And I know, I know, Elite 11 ON ITS OWN doesn't guarantee ****e. But let's not kid ourselves, Emory had to play his way in against...more "well-known" quarterbacks...

So I respect him, even if I'd still like to see us take Rashada or Moore. I'm not an all-or-nothing guy. I have a personal ranking on these 3, but I realize that UM has them as 1A, 1B, and 1C.

Not a bad spot to be in, even if every poster has a "favorite"...

I don't know if it's the narrative, but this kid went from a Pensacola-adjacent-area kid who didn't do camps and who wasn't even recruited by Panhandle powerhouses like the Gaytors and SemenHoles...to a kid who made the Elite 11.

And I know, I know, Elite 11 ON ITS OWN doesn't guarantee ****e. But let's not kid ourselves, Emory had to play his way in against...more "well-known" quarterbacks...

So I respect him, even if I'd still like to see us take Rashada or Moore. I'm not an all-or-nothing guy. I have a personal ranking on these 3, but I realize that UM has them as 1A, 1B, and 1C.

Not a bad spot to be in, even if every poster has a "favorite"...
All I’ve been saying for weeks now. He’s a very good QB with a lot of potential. Of course Rashada and Moore have the goods but Williams isn’t one to scoff at.

Advertisement
Back