Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

I find it hard to believe that Georgia, who consistently ranks in the top 3 in recruiting, can’t get a good quarterback
It's not like they didn't try. They ran off Justin Fields. They recruited Carson Beck, Brock Vandergriff. Sometimes evaluations fail, development doesn't happen. Then they're stuck playing with the cards they were dealt.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It got quiet AF after this…your boy feeling like I’m not crazy anymore. 😎
Yup, you got people who see rankings, then adjust their minds to justify it. Oh yeah them recruiting services must see something i don't see, then i watch the highlights and either confirm or be like naa, not seeing it. I keep saying Emory is not a consolation prize. He is simply another option. If you look at his ball placement, it crazy impressive , even in tight cover 2 windows, DBs no chance to play the ball. WR catching in stride. But man telling me being on a poor team is a red flag. As if recruiting is not projection. In my mind he is a 4 star QB, however they rate that. People saying his arm is weak,never seen him play in person and he makes all the throws on film. Jokes

Yes, he was considered a good guy but after 3 years at OSU, he was passed up by a younger Dwayne Haskins who was considered the stud QB. That's why he hit the portal in the first place.

LSU fans hyped him because that's what fans do. What're they going to say, "Oh crap, we just brought in a jag". That's what people on CIS say. ;)
He was still a 4 star who got passed up by a 1st round talent and fit Urbana’s system better. Anyway you cut it, Burrow was a 4 star and your statement that he really wasn’t doesn’t hold up.

But Jarren WAS a good QB, skill wise. He just liked weed more than he did football. The fact that Jarren didn’t pan out as a QB, is not on Roman. He only evaluates a QBs on the field skills, not whether the kid is a world class fucc up, off the field. The kid partied and smoked himself right out of big time college football. Some kids can’t deal with the mental rigors of being a D1 P5 QB.

Maybe they do. Perhaps Williams is just now getting the opportunity to develop. Maybe he turns into a Mac Jones type where he sits 3-4 years for his opportunity. Who knows?

I'm looking at the big picture of where the 2023 QB fits into the program.

A big factor that most overlook is that neither Rashada or Moore would likely stick around to even play a down of football for UM if Garcia is a 2 year starter. Those guys aren't waiting around to become a starter in year 3.

Secondly, Gattis has recruited Moore when he was at Michigan. If Moore comes to Miami and Gattis gets a P5 HC job, Moore likely joins Gattis at his new school.
I don't understand the thought process of Moore goes when Gattis goes. If/when Gattis gets a P5 HC job, it will be a team that is coming off a disappointing season and is likely in for a rebuild. Why would a QB necessarily leave a solid team for that??

Advertisement
Yup, you got people who see rankings, then adjust their minds to justify it. Oh yeah them recruiting services must see something i don't see, then i watch the highlights and either confirm or be like naa, not seeing it. I keep saying Emory is not a consolation prize. He is simply another option. If you look at his ball placement, it crazy impressive , even in tight cover 2 windows, DBs no chance to play the ball. WR catching in stride. But man telling me being on a poor team is a red flag. As if recruiting is not projection. In my mind he is a 4 star QB, however they rate that. People saying his arm is weak,never seen him play in person and he makes all the throws on film. Jokes
The flip side to this is people seeing him with Canes goggles and "adjusting their minds to justify" thinking that he must be good. We're recruiting him therefore he MUST BE good at this or that. We're recruiting him? Ok NOW I see it. He's legit.

I'll say it again, if he was a Napier or Norvell recruit I wonder how good that arm would look. Or as George Carlin said our stuff is stuff, their stuff is ****.

I find it hard to believe that Georgia, who consistently ranks in the top 3 in recruiting, can’t get a good quarterback
They have studs, Kirby just refuses to adapt to a modern offensive approach and is content with a game-manager and a power running game.

The flip side to this is people seeing him with Canes goggles and "adjusting their minds to justify" thinking that he must be good. We're recruiting him therefore he MUST BE good at this or that. We're recruiting him? Ok NOW I see it. He's legit.

I'll say it again, if he was a Napier or Norvell recruit I wonder how good that arm would look. Or as George Carlin said our stuff is stuff, their stuff is ****.
To add to this, this line of thinking is the line of thinking Canes fans have taken for 15+ years and it hasn’t exactly been good to us.

Advertisement
Nothing has changed. Emory is still not in the same class as Moore or Rashada as a prospect.
Exactly. Gabby quoted 1 player on the entire roster whose praise was that he's p5 quality. Did that player state that himself or did Gabby give him a yes or no? Is he or isn't he? Like that random player was gonna **** on the kid. Also, for all we know the player was a walk on special teamer who just happened to walk by at the same time Gabby was. AND thinking one random player makes something fact means what? Odds are, there's probably 1 player on the roster who believes the earth is flat. So...

Fair.

But also, would many of us do extra research or watch extra film if he was a Gator or Nole guy?

I probably wouldn't have found the Elite 11 stuff proving he has top arm talent.

I probably would have found his workouts showing, again, that he can make all the throws with accuracy.

And we wouldn't know, to your info earlier, that he's playing on a weak squad, which explains better why hes unable to put up Dante Moore type numbers.

I don't understand the thought process of Moore goes when Gattis goes. If/when Gattis gets a P5 HC job, it will be a team that is coming off a disappointing season and is likely in for a rebuild. Why would a QB necessarily leave a solid team for that??
If Gattis is here only 2 years, then leaves for a HC job, Moore would be a Rsh freshman. If he stayed, he'd have to sit one more year behind Garcia. Then he'd have to compete the following year for the starting QB job under an OC that didn't recruit him. I just don't think any of the 5-star QBs are willing to sit 2 years, then still have to compete for the job. He'd likely bounce with the coach that recruited him.

I think Mario already has his OC in waiting in Frank Ponce.

He was still a 4 star who got passed up by a 1st round talent and fit Urbana’s system better. Anyway you cut it, Burrow was a 4 star and your statement that he really wasn’t doesn’t hold up.
I guess we have a different way of viewing things. I already stated he was a 4 star. The way I cut it, that's no guarantee of stardom and it's certainly not an indication that he'd win a national championship and Heisman in historic fashion.

Advertisement
I guess we have a different way of viewing things. I already stated he was a 4 star. The way I cut it, that's no guarantee of stardom and it's certainly not an indication that he'd win a national championship and Heisman in historic fashion.
You tried to discount his ranking by saying he wasnt a sought after transfer. He went to fvckin LSU, one of the premier programs of the last two decades. It’s not like this guy left OSU and went on To NCST. I guess I just don’t understand how you are viewing things.

Advertisement
If Gattis is here only 2 years, then leaves for a HC job, Moore would be a Rsh freshman. If he stayed, he'd have to sit one more year behind Garcia. Then he'd have to compete the following year for the starting QB job under an OC that didn't recruit him. I just don't think any of the 5-star QBs are willing to sit 2 years, then still have to compete for the job. He'd likely bounce with the coach that recruited him.

I think Mario already has his OC in waiting in Frank Ponce.
The Office No GIF

You tried to discount his ranking by saying he wasnt a sought after transfer. He went to fvckin LSU, one of the premier programs of the last two decades. It’s not like this guy left OSU and went on To NCST. I guess I just don’t understand how you are viewing things.
I thought we were talking about the term "stud transfer". Now if we were talking about Caleb Williams that had a on-the-field history, I would agree.

It's not like they didn't try. They ran off Justin Fields. They recruited Carson Beck, Brock Vandergriff. Sometimes evaluations fail, development doesn't happen. Then they're stuck playing with the cards they were dealt.
Why did Justin Fields transfer? Or Vandergriff? Because Kirby has twice gone with a walk-on game manager over the more dynamic and talented option. I mean Fields was incredible at Ohio State and then got picked in the first round. Kirby went with Jake Fromm and Stetson Bennett because he’s hyper conservative and is scared to let his quarterback win games for him. It’s not like Fields sucked, his coach at Georgia just preferred a lesser player.

Advertisement
Back