Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Advertisement
I'm seeing a lot of wild assumptions about Jake Garcia and Jacurri Brown here lately. We love overhyping our players before even seeing them get meaningful playing time.

The blueprint is right in front of us. You think the elite programs care about hurt feelings or assume that player X is going to be the starter in 2-3 years and therefore stop recruiting elite talent? Stack all the chips. Give me 5 stars at every single position. Give me 5 star players backing up other 5 star players at every single position. If they transfer out so be it.

That is how you win. Not by saying "well we have a few 4 star players so I don't think we need a 5 star at that position this year."

Not saying Emory isn't a take. But this nonsense of "we don't need Rashada because we have Jake and Jacurri waiting" is total garbage.
You recruit for competition. You’re not recruiting for feelings. If Rashada doesn’t want to come because of some UF bag and because we also have a deep QB room then I really don’t want him honestly.
No sour grapes at all. Good luck to him. But the staff we have and the new commitment to spending is more than enough to overcome him wanting to go elsewhere.
Our qb room without Rashada is better from a competition and leadership standpoint than a UF qb room with Rashada.
But that doesn’t mean we wouldn’t be better with him. And that’s the point. If you want to be elite in cfb you have to expect competition
Hurts got benched by Tua. Both still made the league.
Both won nattys

I don't believe anyone prefers Williams over Moore and Rashada.... I think its factoring how much NIL $ we have, coupled with not wanting to cause dissention in our current, very talented and loyal QB room, coupled with the thought that we are more likely going to go "max bid" next year.

With those factors in mind, Williams seems like a great take unless we can get Moore or Rashada recruited here within this year's available budget.

So if big, big USC/ATM like money comes in for us (which doesn't seem super likely), Moore or Rashada will probable be our 3rd stringer next year. Otherwise, Williams (an elite 11 participant) will be a great alternative.
Im fine with opting for Emory over the latter two if the asking price is astronomical. However, if you’re not willing to spend on a QB1, you better spend somewhere….OL, DL, WR, etc.

Oklahoma has done it with either transfers or lower rated QB’s. UGA just won it all with a guy that wasn’t highly rated. It can be done both ways.
Please stop relying on the outlier vs what is the constant as proof source.

Besides the UGA QB this past year, who was the last game manager to lead the team to a win in a Championship game? Date I say Krenzel for Ohio State vs our Canes in 2002?

Is it one of the Alabama QBs (McElroy, etc) who ended up being an NFL QB?

The UGA kid won’t sniff anything beyond an NFL training camp.

People drooling over a .500 QB with barely over 60% completion percentage. I don't see QB1 but he has another year to piece together some good tape.
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Advertisement
Bottom line with Williams : By all accounts he really likes Miami. According to Ferman and others, both he and his father were told honestly the staff is going to continue to pursue both Moore and Rashada. They want to take two QBs (or are open to taking two). He will either be okay with this, knowing he may end up as QB2 and commit; take a couple of visits and work out for whichever schools are asking for that, continuing the recruiting process and maybe finding a situation where he is QB1; or just sit back and see what happens with Moore & Rashada before he makes any decisions.

If Rashada is visiting Miami, I would think it has to happen in the next 48 hours. Moore is farther down the road

Besides the fact that this is stupid. How many of these 3* QBs came from same class? (2) So your point is every couple years 1 3* out of roughly 60+ 3* QBs ends up an NFL starter. I can't even begin to explain how ****** dumb that is as a point.
I think your response is pretty phuking stupid. You point to the plethora of 3-stars, but if the cream is to rise to the top and that's supposed to be the 5-star QB, then where are they? There are 3-4 every year projected to the NFL. NFL QBs play longer than any other position. That position should be llittered with 5-stars and it isn't. They're not even the best QBs in the league.

You completely miss the point and I don’t think I can make it any simpler for you, but here I go.

Getting a 5-star rated QB is NO guarantee of future success in college or the NFL (see Clemson and NFL QBs).

Just because a kid is rated higher doesn't mean he is better or going to be better. Teams have to evaluate how a player fits into their program.

Mario has said it himself. The stars don't matter, the evaluations do. Hopefully, the stars match the evaluation.

My post is meant for the CIS star chasers. Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Bottom line with Williams : By all accounts he really likes Miami. According to Ferman and others, both he and his father were told honestly the staff is going to continue to pursue both Moore and Rashada. They want to take two QBs (or are open to taking two). He will either be okay with this, knowing he may end up as QB2 and commit; take a couple of visits and work out for whichever schools are asking for that, continuing the recruiting process and maybe finding a situation where he is QB1; or just sit back and see what happens with Moore & Rashada before he makes any decisions.

If Rashada is visiting Miami, I would think it has to happen in the next 48 hours. Moore is farther down the road
The funny thing about that is if we do in fact want to take two QBs, the staff doesn’t think our QB room is as loaded as many on here think…

I think your response is pretty phuking stupid. You point to the plethora of 3-stars, but if the cream is to rise to the top and that's supposed to be the 5-star QB, then where are they? There are 3-4 every year projected to the NFL. NFL QBs play longer than any other position. That position should be llittered with 5-stars and it isn't. They're not even the best QBs in the league.

You completely miss the point and I don’t think I can make it any simpler for you, but here I go.

Getting a 5-star rated QB is NO guarantee of future success in college or the NFL (see Clemson and NFL QBs).

Just because a kid is rated higher doesn't mean he is better or going to be better. Teams have to evaluate how a player fits into their program.

Mario has said it himself. The stars don't matter, the evuatiins do. Hopefully, the stars match the evaluation.

You posting Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers to make a point is stupid. They played in an entirely different era. How about the last 10 years. if 1 5 star gets drafted every year compared to 1 3 star every year which do you think is higher success rate. It's pretty obvious you don't understand the concept of math.

Advertisement

Mario has said it himself. The stars don't matter, the evuatiins do. Hopefully, the stars match the evaluation.

Your point concerning 5 star obsession is somewhat valid, but in this instance, I just personally think Rashada and Moore look better on film / from a statistical standpoint during their high school tenures (thus far). It’s a good sign that Emory is gaining traction with other schools / was invited to the Elite 11; the latter is pretty big for him, because if he flops or is relatively underwhelming…the pitchforks will come out on here. Conversely, if he exceeds expectations and puts on a show, the staff will look like a plethora of geniuses.

In the end, we should continue to pursue Rashada and Moore because they’re better prospects, I don’t think that’s much of an argument. But it’s foolish to write Emory off just because he’s a 3 star, just as it’s equally as foolish to give up on Rashada and Moore because it’ll be a war with other schools.

Not to mention, Mac Jones was a developmental late addition to the class for Alabama. Not someone taken during the summer when you are trying to gain steam.
Mac was added in the summer but Bama already had Tua committed. Mac had better offers than Emory had when bama took him from Kentucky.

Advertisement

#1CF - does it matter if they are a success in the NFL?

We are talking college football. There are so many examples of good winning, successful QBs that didn’t amount to much of anything in the NFL (let’s just use our program QBs as examples - Torreta, Kenny Dorsey), Tebow at UiF, the Nebraska QBs, most of the Ohio State QBs, etc.

Let’s just worry about getting wins here at this program. The higher ranked, the higher rate of success at this level. Of this 3 star happens to rise to the top, so be it.

My issue isn’t so much the Williams take itself, but the dominoes that follow.

You may gift Rashada to an in state rival, someone who multiple WR targets in this class have chemistry with.

As far as Emory himself, there is A LOT to like on tape: he has TVDish mobility (not a strength but he’s far from a statue), good pocket awareness, and really understands ball placement, arm angles, and the use of touch.

Definitely a high floor player I’d take on face value, recruiting ramifications aside.

Nobody gifting Rashada. He is going to the highest bidder, if UF wants to blow all there collective money on him so be it. But if Texas gets Arch Manning, watch A&M drop serious $$ to get Rashada. Those weirdos in College Station will not let Texas outdo them.

Advertisement
"When you talk to various sources, you get a lot of Texas A&M, you get a lot of Florida, you get a little bit of Ole Miss and you get a little bit of LSU," said 247Sports national recruiting director Steve Wiltfong. "Texas A&M and Florida have the most buzz and that's even with Ole Miss and LSU hanging around for Jaden Rashada."

"When you talk to various sources, you get a lot of Texas A&M, you get a lot of Florida, you get a little bit of Ole Miss and you get a little bit of LSU," said 247Sports national recruiting director Steve Wiltfong. "Texas A&M and Florida have the most buzz and that's even with Ole Miss and LSU hanging around for Jaden Rashada."
🤞🏾 Ole Miss

I'm hoping for A&M just to get the biggest investor out of the Moore market. They're also the ones that will be most likely to circle back around and pay someone something crazy in the fall. If he commits there now they wouldn't have any trouble keeping him. Let them get their guy early and stay tf away from everyone else.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back