Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Jacurri single handedly willed his team to state championship games and first team all-state recognition.

This kid had his team go 5-5 playing JV teams in the middle of nowhere. HARD PASS unless he's QB2 in the class
Oh man the receipts in the thread are going to be fun. LOL

Advertisement
This is great if our ultimate goal is the low probability endeavor of producing Top 20 NFL QBs. Maybe Emory is the rare guy who becomes a Top 20 NFL QB regardless of rankings like the guys from perennial powers Eastern Illinois, Wyoming, ND State and Fresno State.

However if it’s to compete for College National championships there’s only one guy on that list who was not a highly recruited 4 star or above QB and that’s Mac Jones who was the 2nd QB taken in his class along with a 5 star QB. Now that 5 star QB may or may not end up having the same NFL success but he was a Top 5 NFL draft pick.

Since our main goal is College National Championships I think a better analysis is to look at what the perennial playoff contenders in College do than NFL results. Looking at that you will find that those 4-6 teams consistently sign “elite” Top 10 QBs class after class. Yes a portion of those guys will never do anything but while it’s not the exact science of producing Top 20 NFL QBs, they do help you recruit other “elite” players making you a better College team.

Now in the end this may not matter. Emory may shot up the rankings and/or our elite WR targets who currently don’t know who he is will get to know him and want to play with him and/or Mario as an elite recruiter overcomes it landing an elite class. I happen to have faith in Mario and staff that they’re going to make it all work but let’s not act like our “concerns” with Emory are all about “rankings” which are invalidated by a Top 20 NFL QBs list.
Oklahoma has done it with either transfers or lower rated QB’s. UGA just won it all with a guy that wasn’t highly rated. It can be done both ways.

As entertaining and true a post this was, I couldn’t care less if Williams is the guy! Some hammered me on here when we first talked about this kid. I said, when you probably lose TVD this year, have Garcia take over, then have Brown, you aren’t finding 5 star top 5 QBs who want that. They want to play! Williams has the arm and accuracy and will stay and develop! I’ll repeat that, he will stay and develop. No one does that today! It’s a smart approach by the staff to identify a kid they like but also can keep around. Brown needs to shirt.
That would make sense if Bama, OSU, UGA, etc wasn’t able to sign high level QB’s on a yearly basis. Fact is Miami was likely out recruited for some of these QB’s, and that’s ok, can’t win every recruiting battle.

That would make sense if Bama, OSU, UGA, etc wasn’t able to sign high level QB’s on a yearly basis. Fact is Miami was likely out recruited for some of these QB’s, and that’s ok, can’t win every recruiting battle.
Like Mac Jones? Who was a 3 star? Alabama has also had players transfer. But you could be right

I don't believe anyone prefers Williams over Moore and Rashada.... I think its factoring how much NIL $ we have, coupled with not wanting to cause dissention in our current, very talented and loyal QB room, coupled with the thought that we are more likely going to go "max bid" next year.

With those factors in mind, Williams seems like a great take unless we can get Moore or Rashada recruited here within this year's available budget.

So if big, big USC/ATM like money comes in for us (which doesn't seem super likely), Moore or Rashada will probable be our 3rd stringer next year. Otherwise, Williams (an elite 11 participant) will be a great alternative.
You obviously haven't read through thread then.

Advertisement
You mean the year they also signed 5* Tua? Some of you idiots don't even bother pretending to be right.
Right. Moving the goalposts is no longer needed with a monster recruiting staff like we have. Emory Williams as a qb 2 in your class is a massive success. As a qb1 it’s really questionable (right now). I look forward to following his senior year.

Oklahoma has done it with either transfers or lower rated QB’s. UGA just won it all with a guy that wasn’t highly rated. It can be done both ways.
Don’t disagree that there’s other less common ways for it to be done. Both of OU’s transfers were high ranked HS QBs and as we’ve seen that’s a market that NIL has changed as well. Don’t think anyone, not even mama Bennett is projecting Stetson to be a Top 20 NFL QB. I’ll add that they also did it by having an all time great Defense and he was the 2nd QB they took in his class. He also didn’t take over until the 5star transfer QB got hurt in season.

Now IMO staff would ideally like Emory as the 2nd QB and comments by our insiders seem to indicate that. That would be my preference but I think it’s unlikely. Either because we don’t land one of our top targets or we do and he doesn’t want to be the 2nd QB in this class.

Right. Moving the goalposts is no longer needed with a monster recruiting staff like we have. Emory Williams as a qb 2 in your class is a massive success. As a qb1 it’s really questionable (right now). I look forward to following his senior year.
People drooling over a .500 QB with barely over 60% completion percentage. I don't see QB1 but he has another year to piece together some good tape.

Advertisement
We have a bunch of star chasers on CIS only interested in winning some mythical recruiting championship. I want guys that are committed. Give me the guys that will bleed for and with you.

At this point, I could really care less about Rashada. If Williams has the goods, sign him and keep it moving. I want the best guy that is committed to the program. If Williams outperforms the guys ranked higher than him at the Elite 11 Finals, then what?

You all chasing the Kardashians cause they have more Twitter and Instagram followers, while you have women just a hot if not hotter in your own backyard without all the diva baggage.

Let's keep it 100. Nobody here knows any of these QBs on a personal level. Everyone is just relying on the videos and the recruiting evaluations they read. We don't know what motivates them or what type of competitors they are. Who can you go to war with and who is just a mercenary?

Just look at past recruiting classes across college football. Then look at who the super star QBs are in the NFL.

Here's where the 2021 Top 20 NFL QBs ranked going into college.

1. Tom Brady, N/A

2. Aaron Rodgers, 3-star, #2 Pro JC

3. Josh Allen, 3-star, #5 Dual

4. Justin Herbert, 3-star, #26 Pro

5. Mathew Stafford, 5-star, #1 Pro

6. Joe Burrow, 4--star, #8 Pro

7. Patrick Mahomes II, 3-star, #22 Pro

8. Kyler Murray, 5-star, #1 Dual

9. Dak Prescott, 3-star, #20 Dual

10. Derek Carr, 4-star, #16 Pro

11. Russell Wilson 3-star, #25 Dual

12. Ryan Tannehill, 3-star, #19 Dual

13. Kirk Cousins, 3-star, #49 Pro

14. Lamar Jackson, 3-star, #12 Dual

15. Matt Ryan, 3-star, #40 Pro

16. Mac Jones, 3-star, #18 Pro

17. Jalen Hurts, 4-star, #4 Dual

18. Teddy Bridgewater, 4-star, #5 Dual

19. Carson Wentz, N/A

20. Jimmy Garoppolo, 2-star, #67 Pro

Looking at the top 20 NFL QBs, here are their high school recruiting rankings:

Stars
5 - 2
4 - 4
3 - 11
2 - 1
N/A - 2

There are only two 5-star QBs rated in the top 20 of NFL QBs. Both were the #1 QBs in their recruiting classes.

The most QBs in the top 20 (11) were 3-star recruits coming out of high school.

What does this all mean?

Unless you have the #1 QB in a recruiting class, it all comes down to team evaluation, development, and the player's desire to improve. Recruiting rankings have little to nothing to do or predict how a high school QB is going to develop in college unless you have the number 1 guy and there were only 2 of them in the top 20 of NFL QBs. The evaluations from the people running these recruiting services should be in question.

I hope Emory Williams knocks it out of the park at the Elite 11 Finals. If Miami isn't careful, they could wind up having to fight for this young man if his recruitment blows up.

One final thought. If Miami was in play for the #1 rated QB D.J. Uiagalelei in the 2020 class, our fans would have been screaming to get him over #7 Tyler Van Dyke. Based on their high school development it would have been justified. How does that look now?

From 2017-2021, Clemson recruited 4 QBs. They had 3 5-stars and the #4 4-star. Although the jury is still out on Uiagalelei, only Trevor Lawrence has done anything. Before him, it was Deshaun Watson in 2014 as the #1 4-star QB.

Trust the process not the rankings.

Besides the fact that this is stupid. How many of these 3* QBs came from same class? (2) So your point is every couple years 1 3* out of roughly 60+ 3* QBs ends up an NFL starter. I can't even begin to explain how ****** dumb that is as a point.

I'm seeing a lot of wild assumptions about Jake Garcia and Jacurri Brown here lately. We love overhyping our players before even seeing them get meaningful playing time.

The blueprint is right in front of us. You think the elite programs care about hurt feelings or assume that player X is going to be the starter in 2-3 years and therefore stop recruiting elite talent? Stack all the chips. Give me 5 stars at every single position. Give me 5 star players backing up other 5 star players at every single position. If they transfer out so be it.

That is how you win. Not by saying "well we have a few 4 star players so I don't think we need a 5 star at that position this year."

Not saying Emory isn't a take. But this nonsense of "we don't need Rashada because we have Jake and Jacurri waiting" is total garbage.

I'm seeing a lot of wild assumptions about Jake Garcia and Jacurri Brown here lately. We love overhyping our players before even seeing them get meaningful playing time.

The blueprint is right in front of us. You think the elite programs care about hurt feelings or assume that player X is going to be the starter in 2-3 years and therefore stop recruiting elite talent? Stack all the chips. Give me 5 stars at every single position. Give me 5 star players backing up other 5 star players at every single position. If they transfer out so be it.

That is how you win. Not by saying "well we have a few 4 star players so I don't think we need a 5 star at that position this year."

Not saying Emory isn't a take. But this nonsense of "we don't need Rashada because we have Jake and Jacurri waiting" is total garbage.
People don't actually believe it they just have started using it as excuse. That and the UGA and BAMA won with 3*s (ignoring the other 10-15 1st rounders at other positions). If we can't financially compete at the top for a QB that's one thing but pretending like we are a 3* QB away from being relevant is asinine.

Advertisement
People don't actually believe it they just have started using it as excuse. That and the UGA and BAMA won with 3*s (ignoring the other 10-15 1st rounders at other positions). If we can't financially compete at the top for a QB that's one thing but pretending like we are a 3* QB away from being relevant is asinine.
People are missing the point of the debate honestly.

Emory Williams may or may not be a hit, we’ll know in about 4 years. The point is, a class full of three stars is an indicator that your missing your top targets. There will always be room for a few developmental projects or gambles on unranked kids that you’ve unearthed.

But spinning it like the 3 stars are all our top targets is naive, this isn’t the Al Golden era any more.

Advertisement
It wouldn't surprise me the staff whiffs on all three prospective QB's. I think they should forget about Rashada because he doesn't seem like he wants to be here and is pushing everyone into a bidding war. I don't see him as a positive candidate for this team. UF is his landing spot in my humble opinion. I would strongly go after Williams and I hope that ship hasn't sailed. Moore has many options and I think he goes elsewhere.

It wouldn't surprise me the staff whiffs on all three prospective QB's. I think they should forget about Rashada because he doesn't seem like he wants to be here and is pushing everyone into a bidding war. I don't see him as a positive candidate for this team. UF is his landing spot in my humble opinion. I would strongly go after Williams and I hope that ship hasn't sailed. Moore has many options and I think he goes elsewhere.
Yeah the news over the weekend of Williams going upstairs with Mario for a closed door meeting shows that his ship has sailed.

:stephenahand:

Oh so he meets with Mario and that solves everything? lol too funny. The kid is only going to get many more options from some very good schools. Let's see what happens but there are several QB's ahead of him if he commits.

Oh so he meets with Mario and that solves everything? lol too funny. The kid is only going to get many more options from some very good schools. Let's see what happens but there are several QB's ahead of him if he commits.
No but it certainly doesn't mean the ship has sailed.

Advertisement
Back