Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

I dont get this can we get players to come play with him. Can we get guys to come play with a 3rd year Jake Garcia, a SR TVD, a 2nd year Jacurri. None of these QBs are gonna be asked to come in and play immediately unless we have horrible injury crisis. Also he gonna have to battle whomever we bring in next year. I am no QB expert but i have seen too many no name QBs getting drafted or putting up ridiculous college numbers to think the only way to win is with 247 top 5 QBs. Ewers just went to Ohio St for a bag, now he back in Texas. I trust the staff to do their own evaluation that they are even having man throw in person

Advertisement
Y’all gotta chill out Miami is doing the most to make sure this kid checks the boxes he’s been to Miami a few times and no commit threw for us went through meetings with us and we have been up to check him out a good amount of times if he gets the green light it’s because Miami believes in him

@cway313 Tears coming up??? 👀👀😂😂

I think if Moore or Rashada want in, they then take two QBs
rkelly-crying.gif

Advertisement
Y’all gotta chill out Miami is doing the most to make sure this kid checks the boxes he’s been to Miami a few times and no commit threw for us went through meetings with us and we have been up to check him out a good amount of times if he gets the green light it’s because Miami believes in him
This! Like I said in another thread… Can we as a fan base deal with our coaches signing under the radar type kids that fit what we’re trying to do, and turning away from some big name kids, that are not the best fit, for whatever reason?

Last edited:
This kid likely ends up a 4 star and a lot of posters here are eating crow come December
All I care about is how he helps/hurts us fill out the rest of the class. If we land a WR class of Brown, Washington, Ray Ray and Jean then I don’t care if he stays where he’s at. However, if it’s December and we’re convincing ourselves how great it’s to land a class of Seymour, Fowles and Fleming then I don’t care if he’s a 5 star by that point.

I will be that guy and say this: if no Rashada or Moore this year and Mario settles on this kid, he can’t miss on any top QBs next year. Period!!

My concern for this year is whom, WR wise, those Rashada pull with him that will hurt us.

Advertisement
U know the guy at QBcounty is his QB coach right? A guy he literally pays. He promotes his QBs to sell his own product. U might as well be posting quotes from Rashada's dad saying he's the best.
Lol promoted or not it’s still Williams throwing the ball. Not like it’s a fake Emory Williams fam.

I'd be very happy with Williams if he passes Ponce's evals. And I don't subscribe to the group that wants Miami NIL investors to get into a bidding war for Rashada that drains their budget too much.

But why on earth would you give Williams the green light before Rashada makes his decision? That makes no sense to me unless Jalen has already told the coaches he's not coming. And at least publicly he has said he's visiting again.
I don't think the staff sees it as either/or. Williams would be a take to fill out the QB room even if we get Rashada or Moore. Making him wait to commit would increase the likelihood that he would gravitate towards another school instead of waiting on Miami.

Advertisement
don’t get me wrong a 5 star Qb looks **** in the class and obviously was great prospect in highschool. But let’s not act like 3/4 star in HS means you can’t be something at the college level( look at Van Dyke) . Yes I know, not every 3 star turns into some stud (Majority don’t) but Williams will most def recieve a nice bump in the rankings come January 2023. We will be fine here, we still have Garcia and another class of Qbs next year next to possible Williams. Relax

Advertisement
So now we know we’ll have a QB at least. We’re probably still going to pursue Rashada and Moore. I just hope it’s Moore.

If it's a bird in hand situation but all parties know we will still keep hunting, I certainly love that scenario. Kid can stand on his own in this class. But I agree the 2 5 stars have higher ceilings. You can win with a high quality QB game manager. But we've seen what a transformational QB like Dabo's two guys did for that program.

I will be that guy and say this: if no Rashada or Moore this year and Mario settles on this kid, he can’t miss on any top QBs next year. Period!!

My concern for this year is whom, WR wise, those Rashada pull with him that will hurt us.

We also have the portal. I don't see this as a desperate situation at all.

Advertisement
Back