Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

He was a good thrower but he struggled processing and going through progressions. I must’ve yelled “just throw it away” 50 times in 2019 while Jarren was holding the ball too long and taking sacks. I won’t pin that miss on Roman though. He’s just breaking down highlight films in his videos and he’s usually pretty accurate. Although he did like Dan Enos too.
He worked at Bama. Kissed the ring of Saban, himself… Of course he was the goods …. until he wasn’t. 😂🤣😂 He Got exposed here.

Advertisement
Listening to the Larry Bluestein interview, both he and Ponce separately concluded Williams is a talented player. They confirmed each other's assessment.
In the "Locked on Canes" podcast below they start talking about QBs and Emory Williams at 18:16.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/j-Bvuo6JPGQ?start=1116

Williams could be the perfect fit for this class. A kid willing to wait 2-3 years for his turn. That's just not happening with these 5 star QBs.

Garcia is Likely a 2 year starter after TVD. That's waiting 2 years before you can even compete for the starting job which is why I think it will be difficult to get a 5 star QB this cycle.

I'm good with the coaches assessment of Williams.

LOL Larry Blustein is a not an evaluator of talent.

Listening to the Larry Bluestein interview, both he and Ponce separately concluded Williams is a talented player. They confirmed each other's assessment.
In the "Locked on Canes" podcast below they start talking about QBs and Emory Williams at 18:16.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/j-Bvuo6JPGQ?start=1116

Williams could be the perfect fit for this class. A kid willing to wait 2-3 years for his turn. That's just not happening with these 5 star QBs.

Garcia is Likely a 2 year starter after TVD. That's waiting 2 years before you can even compete for the starting job which is why I think it will be difficult to get a 5 star QB this cycle.

I'm good with the coaches assessment of Williams if we miss out on a higher rated QB.

Google confirmation bias

Advertisement
I didn't say he was. Did you listen to the podcast. You missed the point. You don't have to be an evaluator of talent when a kid sticks out from the rest. He knows when kids stand out. Ponce was already on Williams last year.

I'm not bagging on you. No, I didn't listen to the podcast. I understand you're just posting what was said, I'm not ****ting on your post in any way. I just want people to understand, when you type something like "he and Ponce separately concluded Williams is a talented player", it's the same as saying Big Bird and our paid coaches came to the same conclusion. Anybody can see that Williams has talent. He's clearly a talented kid. He will stick out in any camp setting of local players, he's a good QB with definite skill. But can he lead a P5 program to a national championship? That is the question that I trust Frank Ponce to be able to answer about 100000% more than Larry Blustein.

BTW, Blu is a GREAT guy. He's just not a scout.

I'm not bagging on you. No, I didn't listen to the podcast. I understand you're just posting what was said, I'm not ****ting on your post in any way. I just want people to understand, when you type something like "he and Ponce separately concluded Williams is a talented player", it's the same as saying Big Bird and our paid coaches came to the same conclusion. Anybody can see that Williams has talent. He's clearly a talented kid. He will stick out in any camp setting of local players, he's a good QB with definite skill. But can he lead a P5 program to a national championship? That is the question that I trust Frank Ponce to be able to answer about 100000% more than Larry Blustein.

OK. I'll change it. The point wasn't that Blustein who sees these kids day in and day out, saw him as a talent. It was that Ponce was already on him.

@RVACane @JD08 Can these Emories get merged, nígga got more threads than stars.
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

I had the same question about Kosar, particularly after the opener against Florida. The next game against Houston we only scored 14 points. We know what happened after that.

I’m not claiming Williams has the “it factor”. We just have to trust the staff’s evaluations. But I remember a quote from Schnellberger. If he had to rate the top 10 qualities of a successful QB, arm strength would be at the bottom of the list.

That’s why we pay them the big bucks, to make these judgements.

Advertisement
TVD was a composite 4 star starting of April of his cycle. He wasn’t a 3. I don’t consider it a bump up when it’s before the May evaluation period. If he was a 3 through the summer and then he got bumped up, then I hear but it didn’t happen that way.

Cool his father stated that this was the case. I’ll let him know he was wrong. I don’t follow recruiting sites much. If I’m wrong it happens. If he’s a 4 or this kid is a 3 to me it doesn’t Matter it’s about the makeup.

Last edited:
I had the same question about Kosar, particularly after the opener against Florida. The next game against Houston we only scored 14 points. We know what happened after that.

I’m not claiming Williams has the “it factor”. We just have to trust the staff’s evaluations. But I remember a quote from Schnellberger. If he had to rate the top 10 qualities of a successful QB, arm strength would be at the bottom of the list.

That’s why we pay them the big bucks, to make these judgements.
Schnelly had both, big arm QBs in his coaching career (Kelly, Namath, Testaverde).....and mediocre arm QBs (Griese, Kosar,) did pretty well with both...

Advertisement
From Gaby:

We can now confirm that the Elite 11 invitee threw in front of Mario Cristobal, Josh Gattis, Frank Ponce, and other decision makers in Coral Gables. Williams holds an offer from the Hurricanes and Ponce went up to Florida’s panhandle to see the rising senior twice this spring.

Williams worked out this morning....

From Gaby:

We can now confirm that the Elite 11 invitee threw in front of Mario Cristobal, Josh Gattis, Frank Ponce, and other decision makers in Coral Gables. Williams holds an offer from the Hurricanes and Ponce went up to Florida’s panhandle to see the rising senior twice this spring.

Williams worked out this morning....
Hoya is ON IT! Thank you!

Glad Emory threw. We need to get through June 18 before taking his commitment IMO.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back