Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

It’s mostly pushback against bad habits on here. Kid is all right, he certainly is far from trash but he isn’t the prospect Rashada is. It comes down to the second it looked like Rashada wasn’t happening the typical excuses came in, Rashada is a head case and this kid is a monster we identified early. If Emory ends up the QB in this class then I will be fine with it but not ecstatic. It’s like landing a WR class of Robby, Fowles, and Seymore. You ain’t livid mad but you didn’t take care of business either, and no amount of rationalization will change that.
How’s Rashada a head case? Do you know him personally? Do you know the family?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I ain't mad at anybody, but technically Roman was 100% correct on Jarren Williams, as he was only evaluating video. There is NO WAY for any website, sportswriter, or third party scout to know that a 17 year old kid may have future mental health issues and maybe, MAYBE the coaches who recruit a kid can POSSIBLY figure that out prior to Signing Day. In Jarren's first few games for UM, he looked like exactly what we expected from his highlights.

Very sad how everything turned out, but we can't fault Roman for liking Jarren Williams' tape.
I don't disagree. Williams did look great on tape but he did have actual in-game issues that prevented him from being a good quarterback. It wasn't only the off field problems (although that was a huge part). He was particularly slow in processing information and would take forever to go from one read to the next. That, combined with terrible offensive line play and a ridiculous pro-style system is what got him sacked like 5 times a game. In terms of passing ability, Jarren was pretty good. His numbers were better than average.

I take Blu’s reviews with a grain of salt. He loves everyone. Roman knows quarterbacks better but he also loved Jarren Williams.

I still like this kid as a high floor QB2 option. His accuracy is top level and he’s comfortable throwing from the pocket. I just see a very average arm. You see it a bit in the highlights but in his actual game video and even in his receiver’s highlight tape, you see the deficiencies. The receiver will have his man beat by three or four steps but he has to wait on the ball and make a contested catch because it takes too long to get there. Doesn’t mean the kid isn’t a solid take, just that I’d put him a level below the top tier guys. If you watched Van Dyke’s high school tape, his arm jumped out at you. Williams has an average to below average P5 arm.
Jarren just officially quit football for good

Advertisement
I take Blu’s reviews with a grain of salt. He loves everyone. Roman knows quarterbacks better but he also loved Jarren Williams.

I still like this kid as a high floor QB2 option. His accuracy is top level and he’s comfortable throwing from the pocket. I just see a very average arm. You see it a bit in the highlights but in his actual game video and even in his receiver’s highlight tape, you see the deficiencies. The receiver will have his man beat by three or four steps but he has to wait on the ball and make a contested catch because it takes too long to get there. Doesn’t mean the kid isn’t a solid take, just that I’d put him a level below the top tier guys. If you watched Van Dyke’s high school tape, his arm jumped out at you. Williams has an average to below average P5 arm.

Okay now that makes more sense. I wouldn’t call it average from his highlights but even there you can see he doesn’t have Rashada’s arm which is elite. I didn’t see his receivers’ highlights or real game film so defer to you on his deficiencies. On his highlights the arm looks good enough if not exceptional.

Kinda weird that no other legit P5 program, outside of Pitt, has really jumped on at least extending an offer.

He's the lowest ranked QB going into the Elite 11 finals. You'd imagine a decent performance here against Nico, Dante, Rashada, Malachi, etc will shoot him up the rankings and result in a bunch of programs offering.

Okay now that makes more sense. I wouldn’t call it average from his highlights but even there you can see he doesn’t have Rashada’s arm which is elite. I didn’t see his receivers’ highlights or real game film so defer to you on his deficiencies. On his highlights the arm looks good enough if not exceptional.
I posted a game of his in this thread. His wr is committed to Georgia.

Advertisement
First time I actually watched his highlights. Not sure what the naysayers see. Looks really good to me. I really like QBs that have grace under pressure, and this kid has great pocket presence and situational awareness. Hard to teach that.

Blu raves about him, Roman raves about him, Ponce likes him. CIS guys are so invested in the Rashada camp they can’t see this kid belongs.

He is a not a great athlete.

He doesn’t have that quarterback agility and strength that makes for a great improviser. He doesn’t have Rashada’s arm.

His ranking really makes some posters come undone.

I like him as a prospect. He has tools to be an excellent pocket passer in college. I like Moore the best right now but Rashada can be big time if things go right. I would be very happy if we could land one of the two and Williams.

I would take Williams in a heartbeat. He definitely has potential. We currently have a loaded QB room and all prospects are completely aware of this.

Advertisement
Kinda weird that no other legit P5 program, outside of Pitt, has really jumped on at least extending an offer.

He's the lowest ranked QB going into the Elite 11 finals. You'd imagine a decent performance here against Nico, Dante, Rashada, Malachi, etc will shoot him up the rankings and result in a bunch of programs offering.

I said on the show last night that this a tremendous opportunity for him to compete as well as for the scouting services to evaluate him when he’s shoulder to shoulder with the blue chippers. There will be a bias towards the higher ranked guys but so long as he’s not getting negative publicity, I’d consider it a good thing.

We have a solid and talented QB room, but I would not call it loaded.
We have a NFL First Round prospect starting, a very talented backup for two seasons behind that and a raw, but athletic QB behind that with enough time to learn and adjust his mechanics.

Its a top tier room in College Football, it wont get much better than this.

He is a not a great athlete.

He doesn’t have that quarterback agility and strength that makes for a great improviser. He doesn’t have Rashada’s arm.

His ranking really makes some posters come undone.

I like him as a prospect. He has tools to be an excellent pocket passer in college. I like Moore the best right now but Rashada can be big time if things go right. I would be very happy if we could land one of the two and Williams.
He is a good prospect but I dont see an elite prospect. If this is our guy, its not the end of the world but its a slight let down. It helps that we have a very good QB room as well. The question with him is whether or not his game translates to the next level. He clearly is accurate and processes the field well but the arm strength is a concern. Now have there been players with his arm strength that have excelled in CFB? Absolutely but its not a sure thing and more often than not no. Still, gotta trust the staff here, but it would be a down grade from a Rashada or Moore in terms of a prospect. Its like missing out on Jalen Brown but getting Santana Fleming. Decent prospect but a fall off from what we expected.

Advertisement
Back