Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

I mean before TVD got his chance to show out I’m pretty sure he was an unknown commodity and everyone was on the Jack train. You never know with these kids…this isn’t a coaching staff we have to worry about when it comes to recruiting, player evaluations, and development.
He wasn’t an unknown commodity but he certainly did not have the accolades or hype Garcia did, who was a top 50 player.

Advertisement
He wasn’t an unknown commodity but he certainly did not have the accolades or hype Garcia did, who was a top 50 player.
TVD was simply hinder by the fact he was from CT. End of Story. Imagine if his last name was Manning. The media is all about clicks and they feed off each other. None of the recruiting sites do any due diligence. They simply steal from other headlines. Hence why 1/3 of the top QBs they list do nothing. Who here things Quin Ewers will reach his expectations?

It was me, and I’m talking percentages in the college game. Stars matter and have mattered in the collegiate level. Also, why does everyone that makes this argument, you aren’t the first or last, not recognize the amount of 3 stars we are pulling from?
For most positions but at QB there's something different going on. The stars seem heavily slanted towards grading physical attributes.

For QBs, the between the ears intangibles become more of a factor.

Advertisement
Qb’s is one position stars go out the window. There’s a reason the best evaluators normally have the best qb’s, there’s also a reason why qb’s get an instant bump when a certain guru offers.

This kid hasn’t hit the seven on seven camp circuit hard as most , hes likely a four star when it’s all said and done.

Below is roman's next level review. I looked at it when Emory's name first came up. At the 8:39 mark he calls it "4* film all day".

Roman's Next Level Review

I been a lot of shít so far in my life but ain't never been scared. Keep em if he end up legit I won't be mad about it. Something tells me I won't have to worry though.
I never said you was. Just when kids commit, the story changes.

Advertisement
For most positions but at QB there's something different going on. The stars seem heavily slanted towards grading physical attributes.

For QBs, the between the ears intangibles become more of a factor.

On the in between the ears stuff, I would bet if you could find an athletic elite gamer, they'd kill it on the football field. The way those guys process information and the speed with which they do so is insane. Physical attributes are one thing, but the processing of information, cycling through what's going on around you, and making lightning quick decisions is what makes a good QB great. That's true of a lot of sports, read and react.

Advertisement
@RVACane @JD08 Can these Emories get merged, nígga got more threads than stars.
Ok. But you gotta stop doing that thing you do everywhere

AEC718BB-41B1-4D97-B163-B63BF47ACDE7.png

6FC217ED-B7A4-487B-8D46-95E4CBBAF982.gif

Below is roman's next level review. I looked at it when Emory's name first came up. At the 8:39 mark he calls it "4* film all day".

Roman's Next Level Review
First time I actually watched his highlights. Not sure what the naysayers see. Looks really good to me. I really like QBs that have grace under pressure, and this kid has great pocket presence and situational awareness. Hard to teach that.

Blu raves about him, Roman raves about him, Ponce likes him. CIS guys are so invested in the Rashada camp they can’t see this kid belongs.

Advertisement
First time I actually watched his highlights. Not sure what the naysayers see. Looks really good to me. I really like QBs that have grace under pressure, and this kid has great pocket presence and situational awareness. Hard to teach that.

Blu raves about him, Roman raves about him, Ponce likes him. CIS guys are so invested in the Rashada camp they can’t see this kid belongs.
I take Blu’s reviews with a grain of salt. He loves everyone. Roman knows quarterbacks better but he also loved Jarren Williams.

I still like this kid as a high floor QB2 option. His accuracy is top level and he’s comfortable throwing from the pocket. I just see a very average arm. You see it a bit in the highlights but in his actual game video and even in his receiver’s highlight tape, you see the deficiencies. The receiver will have his man beat by three or four steps but he has to wait on the ball and make a contested catch because it takes too long to get there. Doesn’t mean the kid isn’t a solid take, just that I’d put him a level below the top tier guys. If you watched Van Dyke’s high school tape, his arm jumped out at you. Williams has an average to below average P5 arm.

It’s mostly pushback against bad habits on here. Kid is all right, he certainly is far from trash but he isn’t the prospect Rashada is. It comes down to the second it looked like Rashada wasn’t happening the typical excuses came in, Rashada is a head case and this kid is a monster we identified early. If Emory ends up the QB in this class then I will be fine with it but not ecstatic. It’s like landing a WR class of Robby, Fowles, and Seymore. You ain’t livid mad but you didn’t take care of business either, and no amount of rationalization will change that.

I take Blu’s reviews with a grain of salt. He loves everyone. Roman knows quarterbacks better but he also loved Jarren Williams.

I still like this kid as a high floor QB2 option. His accuracy is top level and he’s comfortable throwing from the pocket. I just see a very average arm. You see it a bit in the highlights but in his actual game video and even in his receiver’s highlight tape, you see the deficiencies. The receiver will have his man beat by three or four steps but he has to wait on the ball and make a contested catch because it takes too long to get there. Doesn’t mean the kid isn’t a solid take, just that I’d put him a level below the top tier guys. If you watched Van Dyke’s high school tape, his arm jumped out at you. Williams has an average to below average P5 arm.

I ain't mad at anybody, but technically Roman was 100% correct on Jarren Williams, as he was only evaluating video. There is NO WAY for any website, sportswriter, or third party scout to know that a 17 year old kid may have future mental health issues and maybe, MAYBE the coaches who recruit a kid can POSSIBLY figure that out prior to Signing Day. In Jarren's first few games for UM, he looked like exactly what we expected from his highlights.

Very sad how everything turned out, but we can't fault Roman for liking Jarren Williams' tape.

Advertisement
Back