Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Well this presents quite the dilemma for the board. If we lose him to the Turds due we lament losing out on “to top underrated QB gem” of this class OR do we head over to Gator tears to make fun of them for stealing a local guy from West Florida for the most important position on the field who shot up from an unrated QB all the way up to the 842 player in the class and almost broke becoming a top 40 QB??? Interesting times....
Mario playing 5D chess. Fake recruiting this nígga so the Turds think they stealing a gem.

Advertisement
It looks like Emory and his father are realistic about their expectations during recruiting. They know that he might be a fallback option for Miami and likely others but they're not pressing to be treated otherwise. He knows if he signs at a major P5 program, he's going to have to beat out guys who were higher rated than him. Nothing wrong with that.
It's refreshing to see a reasonable and realistic approach to recruitment, both by the kid and the parent. So many of these guys think they should be treated as THE priority, but it's often best to know where you stand and it's okay to recognize there are better talents than you. That doesn't mean you don't compete and is in fact a reason to work harder. They know, either way, their son is going to get a full scholarship somewhere and with a lot of student-athlete benefits. Any parent can appreciate that.

QB is one position where those rankings are off alot. This guy, i would take him. He is not a fall back plan. He throws the ball accurate af. Like in the right place almost always. This is a technical position and few high schoolers are complete. They have certain tools. Then its up to the QB coach to see how he can improve him and then what he would be. But i see accuracy good mechanics and quick decisions. I don't remember many of us even thinking TVD was this great QB. He could end up being the best in the country but he was not rated that way.

I'd much rather get a 4 or 5 star quarterback like Tate Martell, N'Kosi Perry, or Jarren Williams.

Maybe we just put a little faith that this staff knows what they're doing until they show us they don't.

Advertisement
I'd much rather get a 4 or 5 star quarterback like Tate Martell, N'Kosi Perry, or Jarren Williams.

Maybe we just put a little faith that this staff knows what they're doing until they show us they don't.
I’d rather us get a unranked kid like that beast Jason Carver out of Hawkins High in Hawkins, Indiana.

Yes, highly rated guys flop. But not nearly at the rate of lower rated guys. There's a reason why most of the nation's best quarterbacks are playing at the p5 level and not the g5 level.

The staff is making the right play here with Williams. They're interested but have made it clear that they're waiting on guys they prefer to make their decisions before finalizing anything with Williams. It seems like Williams and his father are cool with the honesty.

Advertisement

Agreed staff has benefit of the doubt and it seems to me the staff is just properly managing their board while lining up their backup options.

However, I’d point out that’s exactly what are QB room was last time many posters were making claims like our QB room was stacked and it was fine to take a project like Matocha to not upset the dynamic of the room. Some were even claiming taking a QB wasn’t a necessity. I may or may not have been one of those posters...

Agreed staff has benefit of the doubt and it seems to me the staff is just properly managing their board while lining up their backup options.

However, I’d point out that’s exactly what are QB room was last time many posters were making claims like our QB room was stacked and it was fine to take a project like Matocha to not upset the dynamic of the room. Some were even claiming taking a QB wasn’t a necessity. I may or may not have been one of those posters...
We all saw the potential. Too bad it never realized.

Advertisement
Getting some UF smoke for Rashada very recently..
Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

This wannabe posted a couple weeks ago things changed with Emory. Even the pay sites had him on commit watch when he visited.

things change. that's absolutely true.

as you well know, it doesn't mean he's not a good prospect, or they don't like him. (which they do).

recruiting is not static.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back