Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

cway313 thank you for the kind words but I'm expressing my opinion. This situation is way different than what you are referring too. We're not talking about $200,000-$300,000 but maybe millions. Human nature is other players are envy and certainly it will definitely affect the QB room which is real full of potential now. Don't like playing an UNPROVEN player all that money. I'll take take a line from you I think you are a DUMBASS. I have three wonderful kids and all highly successful and on their own with great professional jobs. Your mouth and *** STINK!

Advertisement
As I mentioned in the other Emory Elite 11 thread, he is a take and I would take him over the Moore and Rashada. It's not worth the hassle with Moore/Rashada with where we are at in our QB room. I expect Emory to commit. Ponce loves this guy. We are stacked at QB right now and in MY OPINION, taking Moore or Rashada will f'up the locker room. Just my opinion as to where we are at. TVD is leaving after this year unless he has a down year. Garcia plays next year and gets us close to a natty. The battle will be between Brown and Emory. I have always expected Brown to play another position but we will see.

Emory has not had the level of teaching and camp circuit visibility to move him up the rankings. He lacks a little bit of athleticism and DMoney is correct to point out about QB's playing more than 1 sport. However, Emory is an excellent qb and the kind you take with our QB situation. He ain't bag chasing and a person who is going to grind it out to become better. You give him 2-3 years of college coaching and training and allow him to hone his skills. Ponce ain't leaving anytime soon unless he gets some big time OC or HC job and I don't see it. He is our OC in waiting cause Gattis aint staying 3 years unless we start racking up some Nattys. So, allowing Emory to get 2-3 years of specific training under 1 QB coach like Ponce will blow him up.
He comes across as very well taught with his footwork and pocket-awareness.. If he does all that on his own I'll be even more impressed.

1651686109311.png

cway313 thank you for the kind words but I'm expressing my opinion. This situation is way different than what you are referring too. We're not talking about $200,000-$300,000 but maybe millions. Human nature is other players are envy and certainly it will definitely affect the QB room which is real full of potential now. Don't like playing an UNPROVEN player all that money. I'll take take a line from you I think you are a DUMBASS. I have three wonderful kids and all highly successful and on their own with great professional jobs. Your mouth and *** STINK!
Terrible take.

Congrats on family they must take after mom 😉.

Roman's Emory Williams Eval: Is Emory Williams Ready for the next level?

Highlights:
  • Emory's release reminds him of Drew Brees
  • Superior pocket sense. This is Emory's main strength/attribute
  • Doesn't lock onto one WR, chooses the correct option
  • Very confident in his arm strength and very accurate
  • Can work in RPO offense
  • Elite level placement
He most definitely is a 4* QB and is ready for the next level.

@BS85 could you update the OP to include Roman's review?

Last edited:
Advertisement
you mean as a true freshman? With those standards I guess TVD is a scrub too since he didn't win the starting spot as a true freshman or redshirt freshman. you sound like a 12 year old with your logic

And only won the job in his third year after the starter was injured.

Advertisement
Honest question, how much can arm strength be improved? Right now it looks like your receivers will need to get wide open or good DB's will ruin his day. JMO Thanks in advance.
Here is a recent blurb from an article on picking up a Pitt offer.

The Panthers recently extended an offer to Emory Williams from Milton High School in Milton, Florida. Along with the Panthers, Williams holds offers from Indiana, Memphis, Tulane, South Florida, Arkansas State and UAB.

While his offer list doesn’t compare to other players Pitt has offered, I believe Williams has as impressive tape as any of them. One thing that really stands out is his arm strength and ability to make a number of difficult throws that Power Five quarterbacks have to make. This is a big comparison but in a lot of ways, Williams reminds me of Penn State 2022 5-star recruit Drew Allar, whose recruiting started out slow and then he turned into the top quarterback in the country.

rashada may turn out to be a locker room cancer. it's starting to get that vibe.
Nah.....anybody that knows Rashada says he's a great kid. Now, typically the parents are now steering the NIL stuff.

Nico's supposed deal has messed things up for this cycle and word is that is BS anyway.....all highly incentive driven.

... we've been through this 100 times over the years. It's simple statistics.

5/20 here are blue chippers. So, 25% were a 4 star or better (Or 20%, not sure if your "borderline 4 star" was a 4 star or a high ranked 3 star). But only 9% of players (not including unranked) are 4 or 5 stars based on the article below. That means for NFL QBs, blue chippers have a much better chance of being a top 20 NFL QB than all the others.

Sure, you will get diamonds in the rough. But the odds are in favor of blue chips. Do we really need to go over this every year?

Prepare for the inevitable "but the exception is all we should focus on, the exception destroys every statistical probability measure" argument. You know, the one that always hyperfocuses on the 0-star player who made it to the NFL, to the exclusion of everything else.

Happens every year, with great regularity and frequency...

21 of the last 26 first round QBs played multiple sports. That's 80%. Those kids typically have more athletic upside, more varied movement skills and more resilience from competing year-round instead of training.

One of the reasons I was so high on TVD as a recruit is because he played multiple sports and tested well. That suggested upside once he focused on football. If I recall, you were very concerned about his unconventional release. His athletic ability allowed him to adjust.

I think Emory Williams looks like a P5 QB. The polish is obvious even in a HL reel. If he's our second QB, that's a steal. Guys like @RedSquare and @Roman Marciante know a lot more than me and they love him. I just want to see evidence of upside, whether it is flash plays or athleticism numbers. Would be very curious to see his shuttle- the top QBs like TVD usually land in the 4.2-4.4 range.

Admittedly I don't know his story, football only or played whatever and whenever. It's just not that big of a concern to me, but I respect the point you're trying to make.

No doubt, I wasn't a fan of how low TVD's release was. He still falls back into it some, but that's to be expected. It was really negating his height and to his credit, he's doing a much better job there. Overall, a light went on and we know the rest of the story.

Advertisement
... we've been through this 100 times over the years. It's simple statistics.

5/20 here are blue chippers. So, 25% were a 4 star or better (Or 20%, not sure if your "borderline 4 star" was a 4 star or a high ranked 3 star). But only 9% of players (not including unranked) are 4 or 5 stars based on the article below. That means for NFL QBs, blue chippers have a much better chance of being a top 20 NFL QB than all the others.

Sure, you will get diamonds in the rough. But the odds are in favor of blue chips. Do we really need to go over this every year?

I’ll add to your point probably due to the large amount of 3 stars there’s bound to be more bodies that hit because of sheer volume, albeit with a lower percentage of hits because of it.

My point with sharing is that it’s foolish to depend or be more trusting of sites like this than good talent evaluators. Maybe if we’re comparing sites to a ****** evaluator sure, but in the case of guys like Emory Williams, a little digging shows how off base rankings really are.

There based on physical traits, visibility and popularity.

Advertisement
How many crappy 3*s do we have to sign before we all stop talking ourselves into these kids being future stars? Its been 15 years of this
The difference is our roster not being littered with them anymore. There are always going to be players that outplay their ranking. You want us to just pass on everyone that isn’t ranked 4 or 5 stars?

As I mentioned in the other Emory Elite 11 thread, he is a take and I would take him over the Moore and Rashada. It's not worth the hassle with Moore/Rashada with where we are at in our QB room. I expect Emory to commit. Ponce loves this guy. We are stacked at QB right now and in MY OPINION, taking Moore or Rashada will f'up the locker room. Just my opinion as to where we are at. TVD is leaving after this year unless he has a down year. Garcia plays next year and gets us close to a natty. The battle will be between Brown and Emory. I have always expected Brown to play another position but we will see.

Emory has not had the level of teaching and camp circuit visibility to move him up the rankings. He lacks a little bit of athleticism and DMoney is correct to point out about QB's playing more than 1 sport. However, Emory is an excellent qb and the kind you take with our QB situation. He ain't bag chasing and a person who is going to grind it out to become better. You give him 2-3 years of college coaching and training and allow him to hone his skills. Ponce ain't leaving anytime soon unless he gets some big time OC or HC job and I don't see it. He is our OC in waiting cause Gattis aint staying 3 years unless we start racking up some Nattys. So, allowing Emory to get 2-3 years of specific training under 1 QB coach like Ponce will blow him up.
I don't think a QB room with Emory vs Brown is competitive enough for '24, assuming Garcia leaves after starting in '23.

Honest question, how much can arm strength be improved? Right now it looks like your receivers will need to get wide open or good DB's will ruin his day. JMO Thanks in advance.

arm strength can be improved.

he already has plus arm strength

no such thing as "wide open" at the next level.

DB's don't ruin a QB's day. WR's and OL do.

The tape is pretty impressive for sure. Kid seems to do a lot of good things. That said, going from duking it out for multiple 5* QB's to then "settle" on this kid would be pretty underwhelming from an excitement stand point. With the way the QB room is right now and the presence of the transfer portal, I wouldn't mind it playing out this way if the staff really likes the kid.

Advertisement
Back