Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Advertisement
This is the real problem.

Mario, based on his history, does not deserve the benefit of the doubt when it comes to QBs.

He needs to prove his time at Oregon was just a relatively small sample blip.

This doesn’t really show that.
Yeah he only brought in a nobody recruit named Ty Thompson last recruiting cycle to Oregon. Some recruiting sites have him as a 5 star QB but what do they know, if @mossmadness has never heard of him can he really be 5 star? I think not! Cristobal is clearly no good at getting QB's

Yeah he only brought in a nobody recruit named Ty Thompson last recruiting cycle to Oregon. Some recruiting sites have him as a 5 star QB but what do they know, if mossmadness has never heard of him can he really be 5 star? I think not! Cristobal is clearly no good at getting QB's

The kid that couldn’t beat out Brown and the new staff brought in Nix to try to win the job?

Advertisement
Could we be taking 2 QBs this class? TVD is like 95% gone after this year which leaves only Garcia and Brown as the two scholarship QBs. Most teams have 3-4 scholarship QBs if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe the thought is get this kid in the boat and continue to go all out for Rasahda and Moore. QB is a huge domino but I'm also not as worried with the transfer portal now. King, Hurts, Baker, Fields, Kyler, etc. all transferred. The list goes on and on.

Advertisement
you mean as a true freshman? With those standards I guess TVD is a scrub too since he didn't win the starting spot as a true freshman or redshirt freshman. you sound like a 12 year old with your logic

Was that Mario’s first class?

I'm confused on these Elite 11 invites. It feels like its based less on performance at the camps and more on potential and ranking nationally. Jaden Rashada didn't place in his Vegas events but Emory Willams WON all of his events though didn't wow in the combine portion (40-yard dash, 20-yard shuttle run, vertical jump and kneeling power ball toss). Yet only Rashada got an invite.

Meanwhile Rashada got a top dog write up in 247 and Emory's was buried at the bottom of the Baton Rouge 247 article. As follows:
Emory Williams from Milton High School in Florida did some good things throughout the camp setting. At 6-foot-4, the junior from Florida displayed a smooth compact release showing the ability to make just about every throw on the field with his feet set. A traditional pocket-passer, Williams has earned offers from Tulane, Pittsburgh, Indiana, and Memphis among others.

Elite 11 bias' aside, it feels Emory Williams is also possibly unique case of limited exposure and an thus treated as an after thought a top heavy QB cycle. Would love to get thoughts from the peanut gallery on this.

More: - His scores are the top 2 this year in the Elite 11 circuit.

1651592653684.png

Advertisement
Kid looks like a more slight framed Trevor Lawrence. Just from the hair to the height lol

End of the day it’s up to the staff to find the hidden gems and determine if they’re worth it over the 5 stars, regardless of their ranking. But also, it’s summer so there’s plenty of time for him to be ranked come NSD. He could end somewhere near back end of 247 at some point similar to TVD. I don’t recall, did TVD have good camp showings like this?

Kid looks like a more slight framed Trevor Lawrence. Just from the hair to the height lol

End of the day it’s up to the staff to find the hidden gems and determine if they’re worth it over the 5 stars, regardless of their ranking. But also, it’s summer so there’s plenty of time for him to be ranked come NSD. He could end somewhere near back end of 247 at some point similar to TVD. I don’t recall, did TVD have good camp showings like this?
Arm isn't the same as Lawrence and Lawrence was a big time athlete. Emory is not. That's the concern, weaker arm and not athletic.

Advertisement

You saw it too!! Thats why I shared, if someone told me that was Trevor I'd be like, yeah so what?

Limited exposure may be the case but his WR is going to Georgia. So they’ve obviously seen his tape.
Wonder if this arms race right now is putting blinders on schools to overall talent evaluation. It feels like schools are doing the most to buy the big names to make fans and boosters happy without prioritizing more evaluations..

This one is moving too fast for me.

I have no problem taking a sleeper QB (look at the ratings of the NFL stars) and this is more of an eval than a last-minute scramble. He definitely looks like a P5 QB prospect.

But I’m concerned about athletic upside. The trend is toward dynamic talents and this kid appears to be a single-sport kid without a ton of twitch in his body. He is more polished than gifted.

I’ll withhold judgment until I can watch a few games, but there have been a few Canes fans from the panhandle who have seen him live and questioned the offer. Consider me concerned.

then we have a real QB controversy here.

@Cribby has echoed what the staff thinks

I think he's a take all day.

could there be a second QB in the mix?

Advertisement
Back