Email to Joy and Zaslow

theu4lyfe

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
During an interview with Jon Jay the other day, Joy and Zaslow were ripping the idea of flying a banner. Here was my email followed by Zaslow's response:

Joy,

During today's interview with Jon Jay, you once again took the opportunity to rip the #FireAlGolden banner- labeling it an embarrassment to the University of Miami football program. I have nothing but the utmost respect for you as a radio host, but you couldn't be more wrong here. I really hope your sentiments are strictly a result of your professional obligation to maintain a positive attitude towards the hometown team, and not a reflection of how you feel as a Miami fan.

I will tell you what is embarrassing. Embarrassing is 15,000 fans showing up to this weekends game. Embarrassing is out-recruiting every one of your ACC opponents and then displaying zero ability to outplay those opponents. Embarrassing is the inability to sever ties with your anemic defensive coordinator because your anemic defensive coordinator is also your BFF. Embarrassing is running a prevent defense on 3rd and 2 down two scores in the 4th quarter against a team who is 85% run and 15% pass. Embarrassing is subsequently defending that scheme and throwing the players under the bus- saying they failed to execute.

3rd and 2.jpg

As always, nothing but love for you and Zaslow. But there is a time and a place to defend the hometown coach. This is not one of them.

Looking forward to tomorrows show,

TheU4lyfe

Here is Zaslows response:
I have no "obligation to maintain a positive attitude" toward any teams down here. Joy and my job is not to be a fan (although we are), nor are we ever told what to or not to say. That notion is complete silliness.

Not defending Golden. Just don't like the banner.

Love ya. Thanks for all the love and support.

Jonathan Zaslow
AM 790/FM 104.3 The Ticket - Miami
Morning Host - "Zaslow & Joy"
Miami HEAT Radio Host

Advertisement
Sounds like a Golden response. Lots of words addressing the easy part of the question and not having an explanation for the tough stuff.

Sounds like a Golden response. Lots of words addressing the easy part of the question and not having an explanation for the tough stuff.

The friend of my enemy is also my enemy.

Advertisement
During an interview with Jon Jay the other day, Joy and Zaslow were ripping the idea of flying a banner. Here was my email followed by Zaslow's response:

Joy,

During today's interview with Jon Jay, you once again took the opportunity to rip the #FireAlGolden banner- labeling it an embarrassment to the University of Miami football program. I have nothing but the utmost respect for you as a radio host, but you couldn't be more wrong here. I really hope your sentiments are strictly a result of your professional obligation to maintain a positive attitude towards the hometown team, and not a reflection of how you feel as a Miami fan.

I will tell you what is embarrassing. Embarrassing is 15,000 fans showing up to this weekends game. Embarrassing is out-recruiting every one of your ACC opponents and then displaying zero ability to outplay those opponents. Embarrassing is the inability to sever ties with your anemic defensive coordinator because your anemic defensive coordinator is also your BFF. Embarrassing is running a prevent defense on 3rd and 2 down two scores in the 4th quarter against a team who is 85% run and 15% pass. Embarrassing is subsequently defending that scheme and throwing the players under the bus- saying they failed to execute.

View attachment 26377

As always, nothing but love for you and Zaslow. But there is a time and a place to defend the hometown coach. This is not one of them.

Looking forward to tomorrows show,

TheU4lyfe

Here is Zaslows response:
I have no "obligation to maintain a positive attitude" toward any teams down here. Joy and my job is not to be a fan (although we are), nor are we ever told what to or not to say. That notion is complete silliness.

Not defending Golden. Just don't like the banner.

Love ya. Thanks for all the love and support.

Jonathan Zaslow
AM 790/FM 104.3 The Ticket - Miami
Morning Host - "Zaslow & Joy"
Miami HEAT Radio Host

I have no respect for anything "joy" says. I hate gimmicky sports talk radio. She is a know nothing.

yea i cant listen to that show anymore, the way they talk is unnatural, and bomani jones makes me want to swerve into a semi.

why are u emailng that clown anyway.

He and that girl care little about college football....Zaslow is all about the Heat. I dont think he cares much about college football especially um, dude was just an intern like 2 years back....yall making these dudes more important than they really are.

Taylor's sister is a non factor...and i highly doubt can name anyone on the u football team other than Duke Johnson. She got the job cause shes cute, and Jason Taylor's sister...nothing else.....

Please STOP............send emails to The Big O or mybe Crowder and Kuperstein...those clowns??..LOL...Hoch also could care less about um...and he is alumni...Krantz might know his stuff abit...
Literally all of s.fla sports radio are probably logged on to this site anyway to get their info....

Advertisement
First of all even if you disagree with the banner how the heck is it an embarrassment to the program. That's just stupid. If anything it's an embarrassment to our fans. The program isn't responsible for the opinions of the fans.

Advertisement
Back