Elite Talent on O

Advertisement
Biggest disappointment for me was the offensive demeanor the last 3 years. They were lethargic and had an "I dont care" attitude (Cager is a perfect example). They took on Richt's personality.

This team will at least act like savages because that's how Manny carries himself. In addition you're telling me we have a creative and competant OC/QB coach. Oh, it's on!

If our OL improves even slightly we will be fine with that group. Mostly because Enos can find a way to hide our deficiencies on the OL with good playcalling. Next up is QB, i think all of our QB’s can get the job done better than Malik, and with a better offense that could mean a 13-1 season with a loss to Clemson.

Now give us average OL play and good to Elite QB play with (what i hope to be) good play calling by Enos we can go into the playoffs undefeated...

Now i don’t think it’ll happen but i also don’t think that is out of the realm of possibility. Richt didn’t leave the cupboard empty, we just had ****** coaching and play calling

Advertisement
I believe our Oline didn’t get proper S&C, coaching from Searles, nor aetbup for success schematically. So I expect to see improvement in all those areas...or hope to.
I agree 100% . And if I were to rank them it'd be by 1. Scheme
  1. Coaching Indy
  2. Strength

The better the QB performs mentally, the better the OL will look. Teams have been able to stack the box with little fear of a consistent passing game. We all knew the offense was very predictable as well. It would take an elite OL, which they don’t have, to overcome that.

Advertisement
Guys I just noticed that we MIGHT be the only squad in CFB with a top 100 COMPOSITE guy at every skill position on O... QB (Tate & Jarren) RB (Lingard) WR (Jeff & Pope) TE (Brevin) that’s immense talent & Enos should have fun dialing up a scheme for those guys.

Which goes to show you skill positions aren't the only positions on offense. Our new staff had better get this o line clicking and quick or we will be the next FSU.

Guys I just noticed that we MIGHT be the only squad in CFB with a top 100 COMPOSITE guy at every skill position on O... QB (Tate & Jarren) RB (Lingard) WR (Jeff & Pope) TE (Brevin) that’s immense talent & Enos should have fun dialing up a scheme for those guys.

I’d wager that Virtually every major P5 school has a top 100 composite score at those skill positions as well.

We call unproven talent elite all of the time when we refer to recruits. All of the players that were named in the OP, were all considered elite. Most of them have not gotten their true shot yet at the college level, but that does not mean that they are any less of a talent.
In their zeal to trash our players in their never ending quest to be detached scientists, these guys often forget the difference between elite talent and elite play. There is elite talent all over this offense. Our entire offensive staff from last year got vaporized because they misused and mismanaged all that talent.

These dudes would claim a Victoria’s Secret model was useless because they don’t know how to fck her.

Advertisement

I know his name is mud but wasn’t Perry the third rated dual-threat Qb his year? Just saying we have talent!

I’d wager that Virtually every major P5 school has a top 100 composite score at those skill positions as well.

I doubt it that... Ohio state the only other P5 school I could think of... it’s rare to have a top 100 composite TE which we have in Brevin Jordan

In their zeal to trash our players in their never ending quest to be detached scientists, these guys often forget the difference between elite talent and elite play. There is elite talent all over this offense. Our entire offensive staff from last year got vaporized because they misused and mismanaged all that talent.

These dudes would claim a Victoria’s Secret model was useless because they don’t know how to fck her.
Well said! As for the Victoria Secret models, these dudes are just accustomed to jerking off to the manikin's while standing outside the store windows. You have now enlightened them to the fact that there are actual human women that also model the lingerie.

Advertisement
We have an OC that is fixated on molding the offensive game plans around our personal. If our o-line isn't great, don't expect him to run the ball into the teeth of the defense, or call slow developing pass calls like a smack junkie needing his fix. We have the skill players to get away with masking our o-lines deficiencies with a Richtardedless OC.

LoL, another thread trying to praise and hype up these nerd site recruiting rankings, again means nothing. You had guys jumping up and down about a 4 star cb from Bama, and articles saying he's headlining the class, but somehow payton is ranked higher than him according to some of these same nerd recruiting sites so how's that possible. I dont understand how people said last year and this that coach rumph was a failure at recruiting, all of a sudden this williams cb signs and people all of a sudden started jumping ok n the coach rumph bandwagon, and jumping for joy. So what am i missing, last year, coach rumph helped to bring Blades, ivey and frierson, all so called "4 star" recruits, and people bashed him as a failure, this year he was getting bashed cause only couch was signed another so called "4 star" recruit, all of a sudden williams signs, ****'s going crazy, for guess what, another so called "4 star" recruit. So the question is what's the differencd between the "4 star" rating williams has over all the other "4 star" rated players coach rumph been bringing in, and quiet as kept, probably the most physically gifted of the db's coach rumph has brought is the so called "3 star" rated nigel bethel. The star rankings, star gazers and class rankings are a clown show, alot of yall are comical, use your brains people!

This thread was mildly entertaining and Luke warm on the funny side. Plus we’ve had this conversation before in some form or manner and we’ll probably have it again before spring. Elite talent is nice. Sure, it’s a backbone or rather a base of what you need. Elite development is what you hope to strive for. We can have 4 and 5 star talent littered all around the roster but if they don’t develop, it’s all they’ll ever be, potential. I think we’re in good shape. If we can maximize the talent we already have to play up to or past their ceiling, we’re good. I’m not worried about QB with Enos there. How he operates, he’s going to find and develop at least one of those QB’s there. Jon Richt I consider a mulligan. So this is the QB’s first year at Miami. I’m most concerned with the OL. That’s what we’re needed to really step up. Until the Colts fixed the OL, Luck was a lame duck QB. If we get THAT situationed, I don’t see why we can win 10-11 games.

Advertisement
Back