Elijah Roberts Recaps Win Over Booker T.

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
Columbus High School is coming off of a 28-21 win over Booker T. Washington to improve to 3-1 on the season. The Explorers were led by junior defensive lineman and Miami commit Elijah Roberts, who finished the game with 4 sacks.

“I played pretty good but I have got to get a little more in shape. On those long drives I had to take a little break. It was a good team win. Defensive line got a lot of pressure. Our defense did good. Our offense came out and they exploded when they needed to.”

Columbus was coming off of a 35-0 blowout loss to Carol City. The biggest difference in this game was just attitude.

“In practice we had a different mindset all week. Our coaches told us that if we didn’t have a different mindset, the same result as last week was gonna happen.”

Roberts gave a verbal pledge to UM D-Line coach Jess Simpson back in June and remains firm on that commitment today.

“I’m still a strong commit, of course. I still keep in touch with the coaches: Richt, Simpson, Banda, Diaz.”

Roberts did admit that schools like Penn State, Nebraska, and Florida are all pushing for a flip, but he also mentioned that he will visit Hard Rock Stadium for the FIU and FSU games.

Advertisement
Mama Roberts, you better not let your son smell Cow**** for 4 years at Penn State, Be a Jort wearing MF at Florida, or be a Cornfed BBW chaser at Nebraska(Leave that for @Paranos)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
My fav recruit in his class. #242 to the world. Im seeing him in one of those all american games next year.

Agreed! I view him has the Huff of this class, an extremely talented player who is criminally underrated because of the school he played at. Now that he is at a solid program playing the top competition his stock is going to rise. IMO he’s easily a top 100 pushing Top 50 player right now. Glad we have his commitment, 20 class gonna be sick.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back