Elijah Roberts Off To A Great Start

423Hurricane

I’m Well On My Way
Premium

Young man is making a great impression with his coaches and team mates. Momma Roberts will be thrilled with the progress he's making so quickly.

@Elijah's Biggest Fan

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I really love hearing his plea to his mother about wanting to play. I had to do it twice, once for pop Warner and then once I got to high school. I killed it on JV and coaches wanted to move me up but I was really light. I weighed about 115 - 120 lbs and my mom wasn't having it. So me and the coaches came up with a plan to get her on our side. Basically we just told her they wouldn't run me on any crossing routes so I wouldn't get blown up. lol . My mom new about routes and she was ok with our plan. Of course we broke the plan from about day one. Moms are the best football fans, you can hear them from a mile away.

Advertisement
Anyone else think this kid is a potential sleeper in 2021?

With his versatility he could be an asset in the mold of Rousseau.
He was making lots of stand out plays on ST last season. Depth chart is pretty full on the d line right now but I think he'll earn more reps steadily as the season progresses, great size, good first step, excellent motor.

Anyone else think this kid is a potential sleeper in 2021?

With his versatility he could be an asset in the mold of Rousseau.
I do not think he will get the reps needed for him to be a true sleeper due to the experienced depth in front of him, but I do enjoy watching him run down guys on ST and think he will put up some numbers in the mold of a young Joe Jack/Garvin when they were just being acclimated as role players.

Advertisement
We need to get him some reps this year since we are losing Miller, Ford and Nesta after this season. He needs to be ready to go by 2022. That said, the last pic I saw of him recently he looked like a monster. So anything can happen. Jess Simpson doesnt know any of these kids really (except for Ford) so everyone has an equal shot.

We need to get him some reps this year since we are losing Miller, Ford and Nesta after this season. He needs to be ready to go by 2022. That said, the last pic I saw of him recently he looked like a monster. So anything can happen. Jess Simpson doesnt know any of these kids really (except for Ford) so everyone has an equal shot.
And I think Quentin Williams is also a DT now, next year will definitely bring a lot of major opportunities to our younger DT's, especially Roberts who was criminally underrated by the scouting services last year.

Talent will not be denied. He’s the most athletically gifted DT we have on roster not named Leonard Taylor. Just needs to keep working the S&C and getting the reps in.

We’re going to need more interior rush speed with Roche and Phillips gone. That’s what we’ll get from Robert’s. I personally think Roberts and HH take a good share of the reps away from the starters and maybe cause a little grousing across the position group.

Advertisement
Back