Elijah Alston - Marshall DE Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I think our DE quality depth is highly overrated. We ran Bain into the ground because we had to with Messidor and Kelly hurt and the rest of the room not up to snuff. I’m all for this kid coming in and giving Kelly a reminder that he’s a 3rd year guy now and times up! We need the light to come on asap.

Advertisement
I think our DE quality depth is highly overrated. We ran Bain into the ground because we had to with Messidor and Kelly hurt and the rest of the room not up to snuff. I’m all for this kid coming in and giving Kelly a reminder that he’s a 3rd year guy now and times up! We need the light to come on asap.

Who were the rest of the room? 2 other true freshmen in Wayne and Achaempong? Wayne looked better as the season progressed. Moss, Harvey and Chantz are already gone.

I liked the two deep of Bain, Messidor, Kelly and Wayne, with Collins hopefully stepping up along with some true freshmen rotation from this 2024 class.

But I agree adding one more piece is ideal. Need to push Kelly. He needs to become more of an alpha. This kid could be the trigger while adding valuable depth.

That's a bit hyperbolic. Mesidor is an all-conference player when healthy and Kelly is more than serviceable, again, when healthy. Perhaps you can question the depth piece itself, but the quality is definitely there.

Advertisement
I am OK rolling with what we have at DE (think we have much greater needs at QB, Safety and CB), but I will take him if the staff thinks he will be a difference maker.

That's a bit hyperbolic. Mesidor is an all-conference player when healthy and Kelly is more than serviceable, again, when healthy. Perhaps you can question the depth piece itself, but the quality is definitely there.
Mario is going for it all next year. He sees the ACC title is there for the taking. I wouldn’t take any chances with Kelly or Messidor. I like both guys. It’s not personal. If healthy, Messidor is a beast. But we cant wager on his health again and look up and we gotta throw Wayne or Lightfoot out there as a starter and they may not be ready. We got so lucky that Bain was ready. Unbelievably lucky. We won’t get that lucky again.

1703266061355.png

Advertisement

I said it in the Other Okunlola thread...we have a spot on the roster for an EDGE4. idk if I'd call it overrated, but Mesidor and Kelly are coming off injury plagued seasons...it'd be wise to get some playable insurance if you don't want to rush more of your young guys than you want.

Bain
Mesidor
Kelly

(Alston - for example)

Wayne
Blount
Acheampong
Lightfoot
Rudolph
McConathy
(Pickett Jr.)

Advertisement