Eli Drinkwitz

Remember that name for next coaching cycle (assuming Manny doesn’t make the necessary changes) if/when we have a vacancy. I know Satterfield set App St up for the success they’re having but he is about to win 12 games in his first season in Boone. Young guy from the Gus Malzahn tree who did a great job as OC at NC State
He got a 6 year $24M contract from Missouri in 2019 with a $4M buyout after the 2nd year and it drops to $3M after the third year. I think he recruits well and coaches offense.

@Liberty City El you like this guy or not for us?

Advertisement
He’s recruiting really well but he isn’t winning games yet. He’s a pass for me at Miami. We need someone whose proven to win and recruit. He’s cutting his teeth.

Advertisement
He got a 6 year $24M contract from Missouri in 2019 with a $4M buyout after the 2nd year and it drops to $3M after the third year. I think he recruits well and coaches offense.

@Liberty City El you like this guy or not for us?
No, not at all.

As an OC sure, but as a HC, definitely not.

Our fans would hate him too, he’s from the Malzahn Springdale Arkansas tree with Rhett Lashlee, actually he & Lashlee coached under Gus at Springdale & then wen to Auburn & Ark ST together with Gus.

He only had one good season at App St with all of Scott Satterfield’s recruits & he parlayed that into getting the Mizzou job prematurely. He hasn’t proven he can be a good winning HC yet to get a job like Miami.

He put together a solid staff at Mizzou though.

Advertisement
Back