Elephant in the room

ball915

All-American
With the win against UVA we have now become bowl eligible.....hooray to the extra practices and something to look forward to after the new coach is announced at regular seasons end.

Advertisement
With the win against UVA we have now become bowl eligible.....hooray to the extra practices and something to look forward to after the new coach is announced at regular seasons end.

why wait to the end to announce? How does that benefit us? They should announce soon that the hire is Butch Davis

100+ threads about coaching search, time line, candidates, etc....1 about being bowl eligible and it turns into a coaching search focus

Advertisement
Not sure how this is an "elephant in the room". That would imply something bad that no one wants to talk about. Getting bowl eligible is more of a pleasant surprise, or unexpected side benefit of firing Golden.

Not sure how this is an "elephant in the room". That would imply something bad that no one wants to talk about. Getting bowl eligible is more of a pleasant surprise, or unexpected side benefit of firing Golden.

I would most certainly talk about said elephant if it in fact was in the room. That just doesn't go without speaking about.

i'm really not getting the whole wait to season's end. the earlier the better for recruiting purposes and preparing for the future of the team

i'm really not getting the whole wait to season's end. the earlier the better for recruiting purposes and preparing for the future of the team
Especially if Butch is their choice. I don't understand why you wouldn't announce it ASAP. OTOH, if they are going after Herman or Fuente, it makes more sense that they could not announce anything until the end of the season.

Advertisement
Nor sure about the elephant in the room. However.

There are two turds in the bathtub - D'Onofrio and Coley - they need to be disposed of.

Especially if Butch is their choice. I don't understand why you wouldn't announce it ASAP. OTOH, if they are going after Herman or Fuente, it makes more sense that they could not announce anything until the end of the season.

They probably don't want to show up Larry Scott, especially when he's 2-0.

why wait to the end to announce? How does that benefit us? They should announce soon that the hire is Butch Davis

You want the players and coaces to remain focused on the season at hand and on winning each weak. Announcing a coach now would be a major distraction to the team and coaches.

Advertisement

That would be silly. Larry is not the future of this program. Keeping the 2016 recruiting class together is a lot more important than hurting Larry's feelings.

That would be silly. Larry is not the future of this program. Keeping the 2016 recruiting class together is a lot more important than hurting Larry's feelings.

I don't disagree, but that's simply why I don't expect an announcement before the season is over.

Elephant in the room is a bad choice for thread title. Not my finest work fellas

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back