Elephant in the Room - Swasey

When it was Coker, it was Coker's fault that Swasey sucked.

When it was Randy, it was Randy's fault that Swasey sucked.

When it was Golden, it was Golden's fault that Swasey sucked.

Can I ask, if the S&C coach is solely dependent on the HC, then why have one????

The man has been part of an unprecedented THREE failed regimes.

Advertisement
I think you just have to look at the slobs we have playing O-line to see we are behind the 8 ball for strength...

S&C coaching is completely overrated. Sure you get hacks for the main part all of them do olympic lifting programs. ALl of it is the same ****.

THe huge athletes are taking other supplments if you know what I mean.

Urban Meyer specifically stated when hired at OSU that he believes S&C is the most important element of a program. But what does he know?

Advertisement
S&C coaching is completely overrated. Sure you get hacks for the main part all of them do olympic lifting programs. ALl of it is the same ****.

Urban Meyer specifically stated when hired at OSU that he believes S&C is the most important element of a program. But what does he know?

Of course it's IMPORTANT to lift, but at the end of the day all the program are doing the exact same thing. Heavy powerlifting/olympic lifts etc.....there is not much difference. The huge guys are all on extra stuff.

The S&C has improved tremendously under GOlden, just go watch some video clips of shannon days or the team when GOlden took over.

I have no idea about this S&C stuff, but after 5 years of Al's fattening farm life i do think we will need some Jenny Craig if we ever want to run fast again.

Of course it's IMPORTANT to lift, but at the end of the day all the program are doing the exact same thing. Heavy powerlifting/olympic lifts etc.....there is not much difference. The huge guys are all on extra stuff.

The S&C has improved tremendously under GOlden, just go watch some video clips of shannon days or the team when GOlden took over.

Again, he said the S&C coaching is the most important, and then proceeded to completely overhaul the staff at OSU.

Why would he do that if it's "all the same"?

You realize that all football plays are the same too right? But some coaches are better at getting results. Urban stressed that his S&C staff is a critical element of his program.

The S&C has not improved at all. Our guys simply went from fast and tiny, to bloated and slow. Our conditioning is downright horrible. When your team fades down the stretch every year for ten years, despite having the most number of NFL players currently in the league save LSU, then your conditioning is an issue.

Have you ever worked out? Are you aware that you can be jacked, rippling with defined muscles, and yet completely weak? Are you aware that you can lift a ton on the bench press, but b/c it's not actually football functional, it doesn't translate to the field? This isn't a frikken bodybuilding contest, this is science based training that Swasey is completely unqualified to run.

THREE ******* FAILED REGIMES.

Tom Herman is also a guy that puts special emphasis on S&C.

Stanford probably has the best S&C guy in the country and is the best kept secret as to why that program is still rolling.

We shouldn't take any chances anyhow. revamp the program just to be on the safe side regardless.

Advertisement
Meet Mickey Marotti, Urban Meyer's Secret Weapon | Bleacher Report

Read this and then tell me the S&C coaching doesn't matter. Go on and tell me about how Flowers benched whatever he benched and ask me if it matters at all.

When Al Golden didn't fire Swasey, that was a MASSIVE red flag. It showed that Al Golden has no clue what a true elite S&C program needs to be in order to win. Miami will never, EVER succeed with Swasey as S&C coach.

And I remember one of Jimbo's very first personnel moves after after officially taking over for Bowden was firing the S&C coach and hiring Valario (former LSU assistant).

Advertisement
"He’s so much more (than a strength coach). I don’t even know if he teaches them how to put a bar in and weight-lift. It’s about so much more than that. It’s about selflessness, it’s about doing things right. It’s about work ethic. He’s with those guys non-stop. It’s easy to evaluate, and he’s done a great job for us.”

This is how ******* important the S&C coach is. He spends more time with the players than ANY coach. And you want some dude who has been apart of nothing but 15 years of failure????

Frankly, firing Andreu Swasey is probably the single most important thing we can do outside of getting our new HC.

Again, he said the S&C coaching is the most important, and then proceeded to completely overhaul the staff at OSU.

You realize that all football plays are the same too right? But some coaches are better at getting results. Urban stressed that his S&C staff is a critical element of his program.

The S&C has not improved at all. Our guys simply went from fast and tiny, to bloated and slow. Our conditioning is downright horrible. When your team fades down the stretch every year for ten years, despite having the most number of NFL players currently in the league save LSU, then your conditioning is an issue.

Have you ever worked out? Are you aware that you can be jacked, rippling with defined muscles, and yet completely weak? Are you aware that you can lift a ton on the bench press, but b/c it's not actually football functional, it doesn't translate to the field? This isn't a frikken bodybuilding contest, this is science based training that Swasey is completely unqualified to run.

THREE ****ING FAILED REGIMES.

You know nothing about lifting.

I am coached on olympic style lifting.

You are either strong or not. A natural athlete can only put a few lb's of muscle per year and then after that it platues. Genetics are a huge part. The huge guys are on stuff end of story.

All the programs are doing heavy compoud powerlifting/olympic lifts. period. there is not much difference between the programs. it is the players dedication.

THREE ****ING FAILED REGIMES.

You know nothing about lifting.

I am coached on olympic style lifting.

You are either strong or not. A natural athlete can only put a few lb's of muscle per year and then after that it platues. Genetics are a huge part. The huge guys are on stuff end of story.

All the programs are doing heavy compoud powerlifting/olympic lifts. period. there is not much difference between the programs. it is the players dedication.

Please for the love of god read the Urban articles. Are you able to read? If not I can dictate a message to you so you can understand.

Advertisement
I don't agree with this at all.

What S&C problems did we have under Golden? Our guys got a lot stronger. Flowers was the strongest guy at the combine last year.

Swasey is solid, IMO.

Our OL looks sloppy as ****. Our DL gets pushed around and we lack toughness all over the field. We haven't played tough, mentally, in more than a decade. Some of that is on Golden/Shannon/Coker but it also lies with S&C coaches who either aren't motivators or don't know what they are doing.

GOLDEN had to re-structure our S&C program. That, in itself, bothers me (and not I despise AG or something. I just don't understand why S&C 'guru' like swasey needs AG to come in a 'fix' anything). Will the next HC have to overhaul Swaseys responsibilities as well??

IMO, nobody has lived off the success of the 2001 team like Swasey.

Respectfully, cause I really appreciate what you add to this board, I disagree.

The players arent weak physically though they're just soft bc of the program and what Golden instilled in them.

Advertisement
Back