EJ

You guys want someone that quit at Miami and then quit at the juco he transferred to?

To the first part of your question: he didn't quit at Miami. He knocked out a BOT member's kid.

To the second part of your question: yes.

Advertisement
I think the guy's played a month of football since he left here. So maybe he's got some eligibility left.

Advertisement
He was a 2011 recruit, right? Doubt that he has any eligibility left.

He left as a redshirt freshman.
2011 -2015, that's 5 years, unless I'm missing something.

Has he been playing?

Don't know. But, I don't think that matters. You have 5 years to play 4. Times up for EJ, I think.

I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that's wrong.

Advertisement
He has 4 yrs to play, not including the redshirt year. Unless the rules changed. Remember Weinke playing at 26 yrs old because he left early to play baseball.

He has 4 yrs to play, not including the redshirt year. Unless the rules changed. Remember Weinke playing at 26 yrs old because he left early to play baseball.

unless you have a special situation, military, baseball, etc your done after 5 years of graduating HS

Advertisement
There's no running clock, is there? Wasn't Weeden 28 playing QB at OK ST?

He was playing major league baseball before he became a student. Most guys at BYU are 20-22 yr old freshman they go on missions before enrolling to school.

Gotcha. Had no idea that's how it worked. Figured you had to actually PLAY 4 years. So if U play 1 year, go to the military for 2 years and come back, you have 1 year of eligibility left?

He was playing major league baseball before he became a student. Most guys at BYU are 20-22 yr old freshman they go on missions before enrolling to school.

They can go on missions after enrolling and playing at school, and they can return 2-3 years later with no loss of eligibility, but that's an exception
for religious reasons.
Otherwise, as noted above, EJ's eligibility clock has expired.

Advertisement

Gotcha. Had no idea that's how it worked. Figured you had to actually PLAY 4 years. So if U play 1 year, go to the military for 2 years and come back, you have 1 year of eligibility left?

Chris Weinke signed with FSU, but never started classes before signing with the Bluejays. If he had started classes, his 5 year clock would have started then. Since he didn't, he had all of his eligibility intact when he gave up baseball.

Weedon is pretty much the same story.

Knaw I believe they have actually have waivers or something for military...

If you play d1 or d1aa soon as you become a student the clock starts running for 5 years.

If you have an event like ej where you go to school and just stop playing you'll lose eligibility per se NCAA, but you could go to d2-d3-naia and still play as long you haven't played 4 full seasons and passed 120 credits I believe

Maybe a new coach would give him another chance? He was better than Perryman...

young-handsome-man-angry-****ed-off-closeup-portrait-mad-peach-shirt-looking-up-to-side-isolated.jpg

They can go on missions after enrolling and playing at school, and they can return 2-3 years later with no loss of eligibility, but that's an exception
for religious reasons.
Otherwise, as noted above, EJ's eligibility clock has expired.

I didn't know that part I thought it was the same like baseball. Does military get an exception as well?

Advertisement
Back