Effort

When I first posted about the team a week into the season (vs UAB) I thought I had to eat my words after we demolished FSU and Louisville. However, the eyes never lie, or better yet, the film never lies. Either majority of our players suck or our Manny Diaz is the wrong "CEO" for the team and I'm going to say it's a combination of both, however as a coach, as a leader, as a CEO of your organization you can coach effort. Here is an example, the Miami Dolphins. The Miami Dolphins in 2019 had an awful record, but they played hard for Flores, players laying their body on the line, now the wins are translating this year. You don't see that with the Hurricanes. Another example, the Miami Heat. They have the "culture" which is real. It's an energy. The hurricanes don't have that. Manny Diaz is a nice guy, and that's the issue, he's too nice. There is a fine line between being a player's coach and a disciplinary (Dabo) and it clearly shows on the field. Examples (Team examples, not individual)

1. Runners with the ball seem to always go forward when we tackle (Ex: 2 -3 yards) - Effort
2. Players not celebrating or loving each other enough.(might sound petty, but it's real) Look at all the great teams, in any sport. - brotherhood
3. Players not giving it a 100% effort consistently - coaching, coaching, coaching. If a guy doesn't give effort, play the man behind him.

I don't care that we won, it's how you play that matters. We can talk about every player or bull**** stat but it starts with effort.

Advertisement
There is no accountability. No hard coaching. Guys ***** up and there is not a single coach there to get in their ***. No sideline coaching to correct things or techniques on the sideline. No sideline position groups gathering to make in game adjustments. Somebody should have been there to get into Carter's *** because he cannot be allowed to continue targeting.

Advertisement
Back