Edwin Pata hired to an undisclosed role

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bryan Pata Forever !

images

Advertisement
Coach Field & Edwin Pata coached at FAMU together in 2015-16.

Pata has been a OL/TE's coach for most of his career, so he's probably being brought on as a QC on offense. And if Butch Barry goes back to the NFL between now & next year, we have 2 guys on staff that could step in as the next OL coach (Rodriguez or Pata).

Another great addition to the staff by El Jefe, he's already doubled the size of the staff in just 2 months from what its been the last 3 years. I hope Diaz keeps bringing on more coaches, I believe we could still use a QC assistant for the WR's.

But what I like most about every one of these hires is they're all tenured guys with legit experience elsewhere, he's not bringin on green HS coaches with limited experience, he's bringing in guys that have coached at all levels of HS, JUCO, FCS & D1 ball that all have their own wisdom they can bring to the practice field & meeting rooms.

Any relation to our boy? Pata was the beginning of the end of our dynasty. That was a stout DL with Pata, B Atkins, C Campbell and K Brown. We were just missing the true NG up front to be championship caliber.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Coach Field & Edwin Pata coached at FAMU together in 2015-16.

Pata has been a OL/TE's coach for most of his career, so he's probably being brought on as a QC on offense. And if Butch Barry goes back to the NFL between now & next year, we have 2 guys on staff that could step in as the next OL coach (Rodriguez or Pata).

Another great addition to the staff by El Jefe, he's already doubled the size of the staff in just 2 months from what its been the last 3 years. I hope Diaz keeps bringing on more coaches, I believe we could still use a QC assistant for the WR's.

But what I like most about every one of these hires is they're all tenured guys with legit experience elsewhere, he's not bringin on green HS coaches with limited experience, he's bringing in guys that have coached at all levels of HS, JUCO, FCS & D1 ball that all have their own wisdom they can bring to the practice field & meeting rooms.
You're absolutely right Godfather. In addition to that he's a hometown boy. Sounds simple but it gets a segment of the community excited. My wife knew their sister and the first thing she told me upon hearing the news was the move made her even more happy knowing it was him. For whatever it's worth Manolo is making a connection with the community.

Any relation to our boy? Pata was the beginning of the end of our dynasty. That was a stout DL with Pata, B Atkins, C Campbell and K Brown. We were just missing the true NG up front to be championship caliber.
Twin brother I believe.

Advertisement
Back