Edit: Canes vs Dook Game Thread

Advertisement
Advertisement
duke is peaking at the right time. game is gonna be tough - not that we have made blow outs look easy anyway.
It doesn’t look good in this one at all will be ugly, don’t be upset with me on this.
We’re not going to wake up today and instantly be the team we were months ago .
We obviously don’t have the stomach to battle none stop there will be no 20 point lead to sit on.

DUKE is close to peaking perfect timing for them , we’re opposite direction.

DUKE statement game tonight letting everyone know they will feed on #1 seed.

Sorry but it is what it is , PLUS this is a HOME game for DUKE referees will be hard for us to compete against.

Change the channel bloody night

It doesn’t look good in this one at all will be ugly, don’t be upset with me on this.
We obviously don’t have the stomach to battle none stop there will be no 20 point lead to sit on.

Sorry but it is what it is , PLUS this is a HOME game for DUKE referees will be hard for us to compete against.

I've said all season that we are a man short. I think we're seeing the wear and tear from that, and how even a minor injury that reduces the effectiveness of one key player a bit can change the team. Our lack of depth is rearing its ugly head, right when its supposed to.

This is a really good team, a fun team, a really well-coached team that's given us a lot of pleasure. If it's not quite what we all want it to be in the end, let's not hate on them. It's been a really good year. Hopefully we can find another spark tonight.

Advertisement

Nothing screams going in the "opposite direction" like winning 9 of our last 10 - with the one loss being a heave at the buzzer.

I've said all season that we are a man short. I think we're seeing the wear and tear from that, and how even a minor injury that reduces the effectiveness of one key player a bit can change the team. Our lack of depth is rearing its ugly head, right when its supposed to.

This is a really good team, a fun team, a really well-coached team that's given us a lot of pleasure. If it's not quite what we all want it to be in the end, let's not hate on them. It's been a really good year. Hopefully we can find another spark tonight.
Everyone has been saying how deep we are this year as compared to past seasons. Fact is, none of our highly vaunted Frosh recruits have esrtablished themself as even a minor contributor.

Clearly, we're deep in terms of Guards. Big men is a whole different story and that's where it's hard not to be somewhat disappointed in terms of what Aire and Casey might've brought to the table this late in the season. Gotta think Coach L has made the judgement they really aren't ready based on what he sees in practices.

Miami is who Miami is and we have been that way all year and the record is pretty impressive. Nothings changed yea Duke is better more mature now. However if anything the line is waivering as we speak and it’s gonna be a dogfight and I like my dog just a little better than theirs take

the points but you probably won’t need them🙌

Advertisement
Everyone has been saying how deep we are this year as compared to past seasons. Fact is, none of our highly vaunted Frosh recruits have esrtablished themself as even a minor contributor.

Clearly, we're deep in terms of Guards. Big men is a whole different story and that's where it's hard not to be somewhat disappointed in terms of what Aire and Casey might've brought to the table this late in the season. Gotta think Coach L has made the judgement they really aren't ready based on what he sees in practices.

I think we are "talented" across the board. But depth is bench and our bench is a problem. We play four guards and our only two good bench players are also guards... we're basically playing six guards, Omier, and then Walker who hurts the team when he's out there IMO. Wish we had one more competent big man off the bench.

I was looking back today and I don’t believe we have ever defeated Duke in the ACC tournament. In 2013 they got beat before we would have played them.

Tomorrow feels like a good day to do something new.

2006 - Miami lost to Duke by 4
2010 - Miami lost to Duke by 3
2022 - Miami lost to Duke by 4

Time to reverse the curse.

I think we are "talented" across the board. But depth is bench and our bench is a problem. We play four guards and our only two good bench players are also guards... we're basically playing six guards, Omier, and then Walker who hurts the team when he's out there IMO. Wish we had one more competent big man off the bench.
If Coach believes neither Aire nor the new recruit Nworo? will be ready to contribute strongly in 2023-24, I suspect he'll be looking at the Portal hard. Unfair to put ALL the load inside on Omier. IMO, Norchad is the team's MVP but ... he's gotta be wearing down a bit at this point, battling bigger players night in and out.

Advertisement
If Coach believes neither Aire nor the new recruit Nworo? will be ready to contribute strongly in 2023-24, I suspect he'll be looking at the Portal hard. Unfair to put ALL the load inside on Omier. IMO, Norchad is the team's MVP but ... he's gotta be wearing down a bit at this point, battling bigger players night in and out.

Oh good lord, all the other bigger guys are freshmen, like Aire and Casey and Jovanovich and Watson.

It was only 365 days ago that Coach L had a 6-man rotation and everyone was talking about how Wooga and Benz were huge disappointments.

We need to put Aire and/or Casey in for some stretches, feed them the ball consistently, and let the other team get into foul trouble.

this is a 50/50 game.

Coach L has had a Duke's number for a decade. We blew them out a few weeks ago. We almost beat them at Duke earlier

Duke has height, Duke is rolling and has momentum and Duke is playing almost at home.

Honestly, it's a great game to play right now headed to the tournament. I hope Duke plays really well and I hope we rise to the occasion.

I've always believed if you want to win a championship you can't take the easy road.

Advertisement
Back