Edgerrin James - Lebatard

Cane6

GreenTree All-Star
Advertisement
Here’s to hoping we can get back to this type of mentality

Here’s to hoping we can get back to this type of mentality

Safe to say that's what Mario is gunning for—so when people **** and moan that he got rid of the Turnover Chain—you think guys like Edge, E-Reed, Ray-Ray, etc. would've been out there dancing around with jewelry en route to 7-5 seasons?

Jesus, Ed Reed still isn't right after that 47-0 loss in Tallahassee in 1997—dude still gets worked up about that beating he took as a r-freshman—and we got dudes posting pictures with rings and chains when Alabama kicking their teeth in 27-0 and 41-10 last year.

Advertisement
My favorite RB in school history & among my top 5 favorite RB’s All-time in the NFL.
He is an all time great. Love him. But I am partial to Stephen Mcguire. He was an un tackleable beast, all the while saying NO TO DRUGS!

77E647F3-B401-4E85-91D4-0A1F677B51EE.jpeg

Advertisement
Edge was great from his first carry to his last. I remember his debut, I think it was at Baylor, and he took his first carry for a 30-40 yard TD. Those details may not be 100% accurate but I remember he seemed to run effortlessly. Speed, power, moves…Edge had it all.

Edge was great from his first carry to his last. I remember his debut, I think it was at Baylor, and he took his first carry for a 30-40 yard TD. Those details may not be 100% accurate but I remember he seemed to run effortlessly. Speed, power, moves…Edge had it all.
He was a glider, for sure. You could see from his first few carries that he was just different.

My favorite RB in school history & among my top 5 favorite RB’s All-time in the NFL.
Love me some Edge!! Watching him in that UCLA game was like watching poetry in motion. It was bitter sweet because we knew what we had in him and I was hopeful that he'd stick around 1 moar year but it was very clear that day that he was leaving for the NFL.

He was a glider, for sure. You could see from his first few carries that he was just different.
It was crazy to watch his cousin Javaris James run the ball at the U. They had very similar running styles. Different results but Javaris running style definitely mirrored his cousins.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back