Edgerrin James & Jimmy Johnson among HOF semifinalists

Why is Terrell Davis on the list? Why is he being considered?
Because he carried Elway to his last 2 Super Bowls, so I guess as a consolation prize they'll put him in the HOF for it.

He played 7 seasons. 3 of them were nothing. 1 of them was above average. 3 of them were great.

55th in Rushing Yards
47th in Rushing TDs

Even if it was 4 great seasons, which it wasn't, I don't think that is enough to get you into the HOF. In no way is he better, or should even be considered, over players like LT and Edge.

I wouldn't vote for TD - but I understand the argument. TD is the classic argument for "is it better to be dominant for a couple years, or very good over many years?"

I think it's forgotten how great he was over 3 years:

- TD & Barry Sanders are the only RB's to have 3 consecutive 1,500+ yd seasons
- TD gained the most rushing over a 3 years span than any RB ever
- TD is 6th on the all-time Playoff rushing list. He was dominant in every playoff game he played.
- TD carried Elway to 2 Super Bowls, and is an NFL & Super Bowl MVP

I agree his career wasn't long enough, but he was ridiculous for 3 years

No doubt, in respect to those 3 years. In all honesty, 3-4 years isn't enough. He played 7 too.

At a minimum, 5 years of domination would be my cut-off and it would have to be some incredibly strange set of circumstances.

Advertisement
Because he carried Elway to his last 2 Super Bowls, so I guess as a consolation prize they'll put him in the HOF for it.

He played 7 seasons. 3 of them were nothing. 1 of them was above average. 3 of them were great.

55th in Rushing Yards
47th in Rushing TDs

Even if it was 4 great seasons, which it wasn't, I don't think that is enough to get you into the HOF. In no way is he better, or should even be considered, over players like LT and Edge.
I wasn't disagreeing with you...

Advertisement

55th in Rushing Yards
47th in Rushing TDs

I wasn't disagreeing with you...

I didn't say you were.

Advertisement
Back