Edgar Cerenord 2014 DT

Hstokes1447

Junior
Has anyone seen Edgar Cerenord live? He is a 2014, 3 star, DT from American Heritage listed at 6'1.5" & 290lbs. It does not look like we will be landing any more JUCO DT and we need to build for the future.

[video]http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/167777/[/video]

I touched on this in another thread, but as it stands right now we could be in big trouble come 2016 if another DT is not added to this roster. We all know that it takes a DT 3 before he can be expected to produce on a high level. With the staff missing on the DT position in 2013 and 2015 looking to be a down year at DT in South Florida, this 2014 DT class is of the upmost importance.

Current DT's who could be on the roster in 2016 and have been out of high school for at least 3 years.
  1. JR Travonte Valentine
  2. JR Anthony Moten
  3. RSO Courtel Jenkins

We simply can not rely on landing JUCO kids so High School kids are the only option. This staff must bring in one more kid that can redshirt and be ready to play in 2016.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Recruiting up next for Cerenord

ORLANDO, Fla. – Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) American Heritage three-star defensive tackle Edgar Cerenord ended his high school career with a 66-8 victory over Green Cove Springs (Fla.) Clay in the Class 5A State Championship on Friday.

Edgar Cerenord
“Winning this is big for us,” Cerenord said. “It is the first in school history. That is great to be the start of something. We wanted to build a program and what better way than going out with the Class 5A state championship.

“It means a lot going out with a bang,” Cerenord added. “I am just happy for our team.”

With his season now concluded, the 6-foot-1, 290-pound lineman is going to turn his attention to recruiting.

“I am going to turn my attention to recruiting now,” Cerenord said. “I am probably going to visit Wake Forest and Purdue soon. Nothing scheduled yet.”

Cerenord has not been in contact with Wake Forest since Jim Grobe’s resignation and the hiring of Dave Clawson.

“I haven’t talked to them since the changes up there,” Cerenord said. “I have been dealing with Coach Mac (Ray McCartney). I will probably call him now that my season is done.”

At Purdue, he remains in regular contact with his prospective position coach.

“I have been talking to their defensive line coach (Rubin Carter),” Cerenord said. “He has told me it is a great place to come. They are trying to build something over there. They want me to be a part of it.”

Edgar Cerenord
Cerenord also mentioned Arkansas, Duke, Tennessee, Tulane, and UCF as schools he remains interested in.

“I wouldn’t say I have a top school,” Cerenord said. “But those schools are all in the mix.”

Cerenord said his decision will likely come close to National Signing Day.

247Sports.com ranks Cerenord as the No. 54 defensive tackle in the nation and No. 112 prospect from Florida.

So that's where Rubin is! Lost track. One of the greatest ever at the U. We could use him now to anchor the DL. Except he played at 250, and was big at that.

Miami reached out to him last week.

Do you think anything will come out of it?

I hope so, but I would be surprised just because Miami has basically ignored him the entire process.

idk why i think skia moore any time i hear this

Because you're an idiot. We didn't talk to Moore until one of the last few days if I remember correctly. Signing day is still a couple months away. Situation isn't similar...at all.

Advertisement
Miami reached out to him last week.

Do you think anything will come out of it?

I hope so, but I would be surprised just because Miami has basically ignored him the entire process.

Early on in the process he probably wasn't coveted. Did he camp to get his talents exopsed?

Yes, he camped at Miami as well as various local Nike/Rivals/Under Armour, etc..

What's your take on him as a prospect....I've watched a couple of Heritage games and the kid has a motor. Also, isn't he related to Sony somehow?

Advertisement
Him and Sony are close, but at this point I don't think that will have an effect.

I really like Cerenord as a prospect. He's an improved version of Earl Moore in my opinion. What he lacks in height, he makes up for with his strength and quickness off the ball. He uses his hands very well and has incredible feet. I don't know if he's what Miami is looking for though.

If it comes down to taking Plan C kids at NT, then UM should to take a look at 2014 NT from St Thomas Aquinas, Colton Lynn ( kid benches 510lbs and Squats 700lbs) and has a high motor. He is barely 6ft but plays with very good leverage at the point of attack.

I read his dad wants him to focus on academics first so he is pushing u of Penn ( not Penn St), but I think a UM offer would change that.

Sr Year highlights for Colton Lynn
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/2035191/

Jr Year highlights
[video=youtube_share;0Q9JrMdispk]http://youtu.be/0Q9JrMdispk[/video]
Go Canes

If it comes down to taking Plan C kids at NT, then UM should to take a look at 2014 NT from St Thomas Aquinas, Colton Lynn ( kid benches 510lbs and Squats 700lbs) and has a high motor. He is barely 6ft but plays with very good leverage at the point of attack.

I read his dad wants him to focus on academics first so he is pushing u of Penn ( not Penn St), but I think a UM offer would change that.

Sr Year highlights for Colton Lynn
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/2035191/

Jr Year highlights
[video=youtube_share;0Q9JrMdispk]http://youtu.be/0Q9JrMdispk[/video]
Go Canes

Not sure what to even say here....anyway, no

Advertisement
Him and Sony are close, but at this point I don't think that will have an effect.

I really like Cerenord as a prospect. He's an improved version of Earl Moore in my opinion. What he lacks in height, he makes up for with his strength and quickness off the ball. He uses his hands very well and has incredible feet. I don't know if he's what Miami is looking for though.

Sounds like a one gap type of player. The type of player that its 90 times easier to find at this level than the ones we seem to be looking for (and have thus far been unable to land.) Haven't seen him so I don't know if this is a miss or not but overall, in a 4-3 nothing wrong with Dt's 290-300 and those are the kind of guys you find more of in SO FLA. We'd be a **** of a lot faster.

Sounds like a one gap type of player. The type of player that its 90 times easier to find at this level than the ones we seem to be looking for (and have thus far been unable to land.) Haven't seen him so I don't know if this is a miss or not but overall, in a 4-3 nothing wrong with Dt's 290-300 and those are the kind of guys you find more of in SO FLA. We'd be a **** of a lot faster.

That's why I question whether we have enough of and the right kind of talent for a 3-4. I commented on it in another thread. I think we'd find it easier to run a 4-3 not only from the standpoint of the kind of talent we have but the kind of disruption we could create going back to JJ's attacking, forcing defense. It would be simpler, less reading, etc.

But what do I know, I'm not a coach.

Advertisement
Back