Ed Reed

insaneinthecane

Next Stop, CANESVILLE
Premium
People bumpin their gums in a negative way about the GOAT, Ed Reed, need to seriously consider turning in their Canes fan card. Ya'll trippin & talking ish about Ed? That's some *** **** right there for real. Yo, no self respecting Cane fan would talk ish about ER20. Ever!!!!
If Rembrandt was a safety, his name would have been Ed Reed.
Enjoy!!

Advertisement
Aretha Franklin Queen GIF by Warner Music Germany

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not really sure what post or comment brought on this thread, and I respect what Ed Reed did as a player at the U, and NFL, but I would ask what did he really do this year to help the football team? Their performance this year was very disappointing considering the pre-season hype and the defense (his specialty) was the worse element of the team all year. Maybe he would be better suited as an official member of the coaching staff vice his current role.

He’s the GOAT. Just wouldn’t want him as an on-field coach like some. These are the same people who want to bring back Don Soldinger in some capacity.

Ed's a big boy. He made his bed when he signed up with Manny the clown. He was obviously thinking with his heart and not his head. Can't fault him for that. His reputation has taken an extremely slight grazing--not even a hit--but he'll be aight. No one will remember this in 5 years.

I think Ed's still trying to figure out what he's going to do with the rest of his life/post-playing career. It's a little awkward right now but he's still the 🐐.

People bumpin their gums in a negative way about the GOAT, Ed Reed, need to seriously consider turning in their Canes fan card. Ya'll trippin & talking ish about Ed? That's some *** **** right there for real. Yo, no self respecting Cane fan would talk ish about ER20. Ever!!!!
If Rembrandt was a safety, his name would have been Ed Reed.
Enjoy!!

I think you just made up a controversy.

Advertisement
It was a PR hire by Diaz. He wanted to pacify the masses since it came to light quickly he used his political influence to nuke the Zo hire. Ed basically acts as a part time advisor and mentor to the kids in the program. No more no less. Any negatively being brought to Ed is from a small segment of the fanbase not knowing at all what he's doing or not doing.

Advertisement
Dude... You haven't seen cats on CIS calling him a mascot because of his current role with the team? They know who they are!

Manny hired him in a mascot-like role. That ain't "hating" on him—it's knocking the fluff job he was brought on to do, with both hands tied behind his back.

Dude is the greatest safety in the history of Miami football—which has nothing to do with the PR role he was hired in, as mentioned above—a smoke-screen from Manure for squashing the Alonzo hire.

You can call Reed a mascot for standing on the sideline during 2020-2021 games, while still acknowledging he's one of the best-ever to put on the uniform. One has nothing to do with the other—and no one needs a video for "evidence"; we all saw it live from 1999-2001 when he dominated the sport.

Diaz and UM used #20 in damage-control fashion. He're' hoping he stays on in a real role under Mario.

Manny hired him in a mascot-like role. That ain't "hating" on him—it's knocking the fluff job he was brought on to do, with both hands tied behind his back.

Dude is the greatest safety in the history of Miami football—which has nothing to do with the PR role he was hired in, as mentioned above—a smoke-screen from Manure for squashing the Alonzo hire.

You can call Reed a mascot for standing on the sideline during 2020-2021 games, while still acknowledging he's one of the best-ever to put on the uniform. One has nothing to do with the other—and no one needs a video for "evidence"; we all saw it live from 1999-2001 when he dominated the sport.

Diaz and UM used #20 in damage-control fashion. He're' hoping he stays on in a real role under Mario.
Yo brother. You can spin it any which way you want. Ed Reed ain't no mascot.

I think Reed's best role should be to help sell recruits on the ways of The U. It's like when you would hear that players from the past would have Michael Irvin and others call players after games to discuss their play. He should serve as a recruiter and as a mentor. If I'm a safety coming out of high school, and Hall of Famer Ed FN Reed is mentoring me, and I have his number on speed dial to ask advice, that's a huge advantage.

Advertisement
Back