ED REED??!!

Don't think Reed is looking at college football besides rooting for Miami.

His intellect, knowledge and abilities are far better suited for the NFL. Why deal with the frustrations of college football?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Don't think Reed is looking at college football besides rooting for Miami.

His intellect, knowledge and abilities are far better suited for the NFL. Why deal with the frustrations of college football?

and he hasn't shown an interest to even get back into NFL coaching after his year stint in buffalo. i do agree w the NFL stuff ( similar to dorsey, which is why im glad he didnt get the job here). dorsey was looking to get back into the NFL from the moment he got to FIU. reed, if he had a legit interest in coaching (dont bring up the tweet bc his actions have spoken louder than that single tweet has), i doubt he'd wanna deal with 15-18 year olds in recruiting and dealing w 18-22 year olds when they enroll for a lower pay

and he hasn't shown an interest to even get back into NFL coaching after his year stint in buffalo. i do agree w the NFL stuff ( similar to dorsey, which is why im glad he didnt get the job here). dorsey was looking to get back into the NFL from the moment he got to FIU. reed, if he had a legit interest in coaching (dont bring up the tweet bc his actions have spoken louder than that single tweet has), i doubt he'd wanna deal with 15-18 year olds in recruiting and dealing w 18-22 year olds when they enroll for a lower pay

You got that right!!

Neither would have an interest with dealing with today's players. Never giving up and going all out all the time, everyone playing with one goal are foreign concepts now. Why put yourself through that.?

#1 JJ & Dabo Won NCs as players at Arkansas and Bama...
#2 Ed would wipe his HOF *** with Banda/ and or Rumph.....Just stop it....

LMAO - pure speculation on #2. You have ZERO proof, it's a complete risk. Get your head out of your *** and learn to actually look at things objectively.

Advertisement
Great players only struggle to coach effectively when:

(1) they themselves succeeded mostly due to freakish athletic talent (as opposed to technique, film study etc);
(2) they can't communicate effectively;
(3) they don't really understand what they actually did to be successful (sometimes feelings about what you did can be different than reality -- same deal as with the golf swing); and
(4) they think they are too big for the role/have an attitude.

I think guys like Ed Reed and Ken Dorsey were both great technicians and students of the game. They had a string of great coaches that taught them at the highest level (from CFB to the NFL). They likely both absorbed a tremendous amount of knowledge during their careers (in addition to accumulating a wealth of career experience -- no-one more so than Reed as a safety). They both can communicate very well.

Neither are like someone like Tony Mand@rich (who was allegedly a roided up monster in college) who just mauled people with his massive frame & PED-enhanced muscles. He might make a terrible coach. Maybe he never studied anything and just flat mauled people in college due to a size & other advantages. He certainly didn't make it in the pros despite being a high first round pick ("can't miss" prospect).

As a recent NFL HOFer, Ed Reed would have a huge advantage in recruiting. The only thing that would stop him would be bags. If someone else handled the administrative chores of recruiting, he would kill it on the trail.

Not all former players would make great coaches but Reed & Dorsey are two that I do think will be great if put in the right situation.

i think Ed Reed HOF, has an awful lot going on in his life after NFL. Full time coaching gigs take an immense amount of time
I would take him in any capacity owe can but doubt he would want a full time role

Bruh why are people still going on with this? If Ed wanted to coach schools and teams would a set his phone on fire with calls

If ed reed coaches our Dbs for only 1 day they will become nfl all pros 👍 he would have made kacy Rodgers a 1st round pick😂

Advertisement
It's not whether Reed can coach, it's does he want to coach? College coaching is a year round gig. You're always doing something even in the off season. Does a guy like Reed, who's made a fortune playing, want to spend every waking hour dealing with college kids and playing recruiting games with 17y ear olds?

Advertisement
Back