Ed Reed

Advertisement
How many HOF players retire and immediately become a college position coach? This narrative is silly and old.

What's old and silly is getting our *** kicked repeatedly for DB'S by anyone else who offers. Reed would end all of that if he came here. What could any other school say as far as negeative recruiting towards us? He may not have any interest but it wouldn't hurt to find out. Let him take a month or two off and then come back and put the U back on top.

How many HOF players retire and immediately become a college position coach? This narrative is silly and old.

yeah, we should continue pimping the RAB trophy when going on recruiting trips - it clearly worked wonders this time

You're an idiot.

Upvote.

Ed Reed probably has zero fckin interest in coming back and being a college coach.

Did you speak to him directly? or did you use the force?

Advertisement

yeah, we should continue pimping the RAB trophy when going on recruiting trips - it clearly worked wonders this time

Is your mom available we could just use her instead

LOL @ using "your mom" clapbacks. what are you - 12 years old?

no just an easy target. your dumb to think that other schools hadnt been saying what has UM been doing what bowls have they been to or won. So yes you take your trophy that you won after 10 years and beating a top 20 team like a drum. It shows the kids you this is the first step in a few that will take us back and that they would help even more with that.

You're an idiot.

Upvote.

Ed Reed probably has zero fckin interest in coming back and being a college coach.

Find me one legit report of Reed ever wanting to coach at the U or college football in general outside of this board.

You're an idiot.

Upvote.

Find me one legit report of Reed ever wanting to coach at the U or college football in general outside of this board.

Find me one legit report of Reed not wanting to coach at the U or college football in general outside of this board.

Advertisement
coaching resume.................... BLANK

Did you guys watch our DB's tackle this year. Colbert goes from Texas cast off to straight stud, Corn from fast guy to elite. What more do you want from our current DB coach. Bring in Ed because hes gonna want to kiss the entitled A** of every SoFla 3 star and up. Ill take the guy who's proved he can make these kids better when they get on campus every time.

if Miami is talking, Ed Reed is listening.

The former All-Pro safety and Miami Hurricanes star said he would entertain a call from his former school, which must now search for a new coach after the dismissal of Al Golden on Sunday. Asked Monday on The Rich Eisen Show about whether a lengthy resume of experience should really be necessary for a coaching hire, Reed took the opportunity to throw his name into the Hurricanes' list of options.

"The NBA did it with Jason Kidd. I even thought about it. They can put my name in the mix for a coaching job or something like that. It seems like the partnership between players and coaches, the head coach's job is to manage everybody, manage the game, and help the offensive and defensive coordinators make the best decisions. And they help him do the same thing," Reed said. "I haven't received a call from a 305 (area code) number. I would definitely listen, would go and talk and want to know what they're looking to do. I would entertain it. I'm at a different place in my life right now, working out, training, coaching from afar, helping guys out, high school, college and pro alike. I definitely would entertain it."

The chances that Miami would hire a head coach who hasn't been a coach before are, of course, all but nil. However, the chances they would bring on a former great such as Reed in some other capacity are much greater. Missouri, for instance, brought back former San Francisco 49ers defensive lineman Justin Smith in August as a strength coach.

Either way, Reed said former Hurricanes stars want to be part of the decision and, more importantly, part of the program's revival.

"We've definitely got to get some real detailed coaching in there, from my view. It just looks like technique-wise, we're a little behind," Reed said. "... You might want to consider the thoughts of some players that played the game, that made an impact, that want to be involved around there. We definitely need some coaches that can understand the players, relate to the players, and coach them well. It seems like there was a disconnection schematically, just talking football, from what I've seen. Maybe the kids weren't taught as well, or weren't taking to the teaching that well. That seemed to be a problem."

Ed Reed says he'll listen if Miami calls about head-coaching job - NFL.com

The former All-Pro safety and Miami Hurricanes star said he would entertain a call from his former school, which must now search for a new coach after the dismissal of Al Golden on Sunday. Asked Monday on The Rich Eisen Show about whether a lengthy resume of experience should really be necessary for a coaching hire, Reed took the opportunity to throw his name into the Hurricanes' list of options.

"The NBA did it with Jason Kidd. I even thought about it. They can put my name in the mix for a coaching job or something like that. It seems like the partnership between players and coaches, the head coach's job is to manage everybody, manage the game, and help the offensive and defensive coordinators make the best decisions. And they help him do the same thing," Reed said. "I haven't received a call from a 305 (area code) number. I would definitely listen, would go and talk and want to know what they're looking to do. I would entertain it. I'm at a different place in my life right now, working out, training, coaching from afar, helping guys out, high school, college and pro alike. I definitely would entertain it."

The chances that Miami would hire a head coach who hasn't been a coach before are, of course, all but nil. However, the chances they would bring on a former great such as Reed in some other capacity are much greater. Missouri, for instance, brought back former San Francisco 49ers defensive lineman Justin Smith in August as a strength coach.

Either way, Reed said former Hurricanes stars want to be part of the decision and, more importantly, part of the program's revival.

"We've definitely got to get some real detailed coaching in there, from my view. It just looks like technique-wise, we're a little behind," Reed said. "... You might want to consider the thoughts of some players that played the game, that made an impact, that want to be involved around there. We definitely need some coaches that can understand the players, relate to the players, and coach them well. It seems like there was a disconnection schematically, just talking football, from what I've seen. Maybe the kids weren't taught as well, or weren't taking to the teaching that well. That seemed to be a problem."

1. That was last year.

2. He was talking about being a head coach like Jason Kidd.

3. I'm out of this. If y'all really want to keep this false hope alive that Ed Reed is coming back to coach I won't stop you. Just remember I was here telling y'all it ain't happening.

Advertisement

1. That was last year.

2. He was talking about being a head coach like Jason Kidd.

3. I'm out of this. If y'all really want to keep this false hope alive that Ed Reed is coming back to coach I won't stop you. Just remember I was here telling y'all it ain't happening.

I'm aware that was last year, just putting it out there that he could be interested in college coaching since he made those statements. I dont know him personally none of us do we're all clueless as far as if he would be interested in being a position coach.

Is your mom available we could just use her instead

LOL @ using "your mom" clapbacks. what are you - 12 years old?

no just an easy target. your dumb to think that other schools hadnt been saying what has UM been doing what bowls have they been to or won. So yes you take your trophy that you won after 10 years and beating a top 20 team like a drum. It shows the kids you this is the first step in a few that will take us back and that they would help even more with that.

1. it's "you're" not your - throwing shade at someone else's intellect yet you can't even spell....brilliant.
2. Showing up to a recruits house with a participation trophy from XYZ bowl doesn't mean squat - not when you haven't won an ACC division, not when you haven't won the ACC and especially not when you haven't sniffed the BCS bowls in over 13 years. You compare that to the hardware the Clemson's and Bama's are throwing down in kid's living rooms and it pales in comparison.
3. I would point more how we continuously put players in the NFL and sell them on the premise of early playing time.

You're an idiot.

Upvote.

Find me one legit report of Reed not wanting to coach at the U or college football in general outside of this board.

post #31 ITT, hoss.

Advertisement
Reed might turn out to be a great position coach and recruiter...we don't know but it could be.
I just don't understand the narrative that HOF player = great recruiter.
One thing that I think we have all learned recently is that when it comes to recruiting it that 2+2 doesn't automatically equal 4.
Just because its logical doesn't mean its what these kids are going to do.
Recruiting is being a salesman...and not everyone is a salesman.

I HIGHLY doubt the HOF Ed Reed would want to join the grind that is a Div 1 position coach (sucking kids off, scouring social media, etc.).

whos to say it wont be the kids wanting to come to him instead?? this dude is RESPECTED and respect can go a long ways with the right kids, and those are the kind of kids i want at The U

Advertisement
Back