Ed Reed says STFU - Updated as Vince says tells Ed to STFU

Ed showing that just because someone played the sport at a high level, doesn't mean they know anything about how things operate. You can't sit here with a straight face, with Miami cratering and not look at the HC as the problem. If it is a rebuild, then half the roster is Manny's fault, because HE WAS THE DC HERE IN CHARGE OF RECRUITING HIS GROUP.
I never said nothing before but the Diaz hire was reminiscent of what went down when Coker cleaned house on what I believe us cane fans called Black Thursday. The only one to keep his job was Shannon. One poster was the lone dissenting voice. He couldn't understand how everyone else lost their job yet Shannon wasn't magically involved in that fiasco back then.

Advertisement
the expectations were high because we had a solid defense. the optics were good. DC stays on to be HC so defense should not suffer. higher Big time guy from Alabama so it appeared things would be better. They are worse. we cannot have a rookie HC start at MIAMI anymore!!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t know about you, but I’d rather have E Reed coaching our safeties than Banda the bartender. I wish we’d hire as many former greats as possible. Romberg and McKinney are dying to help, Dorsey could be QB coach like he was for the Carolina Panthers. Could be similar to that 29yr old coach from the Saints coming in to work with Joe Burrow at LSU. It’s criminal not to tap into these guys, plus Enos doesn’t know enough about Canes football to even give that a go on his head.

What did Howard know about Canes football? JJ? Dennis?

We had players swearing by Swasey who was not only incompetent but he wasn’t permitted to even coach our kids in the actual weight room.

We had players who begged to have Coker as HC, and who swore Randy was the truth.

Players having a say in our coaching hires is actually one of the problems here. Sam Jankovich never gave a **** what the players wanted and he created the U as we know it with his brilliant hires. There’s a lesson here.

Advertisement
Love me some Ed Reed, but don’t forget, Ed Reed helped make Coker coach
The team wanted Coker as head coach. They went to Dee the AD at the time to get him the job. It's because the team coached itself and didn't want some outsider to ***** up the team. Was he the best coach for the job after the core of the team left, no. They did win one Championship[should have been 2 as we all know]. let go of the Coker crap, it's over.

I love Ed Reed man, but he was put up to this by Blake James...they called him and asked him to damage control, and he made the wrong move here.

You and Ed are tight and had a convo about this right?

Whitlock.png

Advertisement
The team wanted Coker as head coach. They went to Dee the AD at the time to get him the job. It's because the team coached itself and didn't want some outsider to ***** up the team. Was he the best coach for the job after the core of the team left, no. They did win one Championship[should have been 2 as we all know]. let go of the Coker crap, it's over.

Yep, that team wanted it for themselves and could have given two craps about the future at that point and I’m okay with that, got to enjoy the best team ever

I love Ed Reed man, but he was put up to this by Blake James...they called him and asked him to damage control, and he made the wrong move here.

Uh, no....lol

Some people will actually believe you. Ed marches to the beat of his own drummer.

Advertisement
Back