Ed Reed co-sign leads to UM offer for Baltimore-area S David

View as article
No doubt, it's the same thing that made Ed Reed great. It could be a sign of preparation, which would be promising in projecting David to the next level.

Our safety evaluation hasn't been horrible. Rayshawn Jenkins is a three-star turned NFL starter, Deon Bush was good, Jamal Carter is in the NFL and JJ/Redwine was one of our better safety duos. The biggest problem is that the best local safeties have been signing with Bama, and that South Florida in general hasn't been producing a ton of studs at the position.
I agree our safety evals have not been horrible, and probably better than most other positions For us. But this program cranked out marion, burgess owens, Bennie Blades, D. Williams in addition to reed, taylor, Meriweather. We can do better there. Overall I was really noticing also that it just seems like a heavy evaluation spot - if a kid doesn’t have ‘it’ at safety, it’s probably hard to change.

I also think the local kids leaving Is what it is. We should find what we need wherever. Just evaluate well. So this kid reed found excited me. It’s just what we need to do and should have been doing more of.

Advertisement
I live roughly between DC and Baltimore, lots of talent in area and nearby northern Virginia and it is improving because alot of kids who in the past played hoops only are now playing football. Plus, this area keeps growing in population, with lots of west African and Carribbean kids in the suburbs near DC. Alot of people in area also love soFla...this is an area we could and should recruit.
Shout out to PG county. It's like being in a different country that America never shows you. Went to a wedding many years ago in PG and stayed with inlaws in Mitchellville. This was in the late 90s when all you saw on the news was gangs and drug violence. We drove around the area and the people were so friendly waving at us as we drove by. It was pretty amazing!!!

Had me until the play early talk. Doesn’t sound good for us in that regard.

ROFL, when I read that part I started laughing, cause I'm thinking who's he going to come in and beat out, if he did sign here that would mean he has to have ballz, cause I'm real sure gurvan hall nor bubba bolden is giving up their spots, he might be able to catch carter slippin, but keontra smith definitely not going out like no sucka. Also brian balom and avantae Williams says hello! So if main man still chooses to come in, I'll be impressed!

ROFL, when I read that part I started laughing, cause I'm thinking who's he going to come in and beat out, if he did sign here that would mean he has to have ballz, cause I'm real sure gurvan hall nor bubba bolden is giving up their spots, he might be able to catch carter slippin, but keontra smith definitely not going out like no sucka. Also brian balom and avantae Williams says hello! So if main man still chooses to come in, I'll be impressed!
We see this every year from kids and they end up going to a front runner and get red shirted or second string on those teams.

Advertisement

exactly. I didn’t waste my time googling the film. It’s a nice story but that line alone tells me what that kid is looking for and the U ain’t it. And that’s totally ok.

Advertisement
I agree our safety evals have not been horrible, and probably better than most other positions For us. But this program cranked out marion, burgess owens, Bennie Blades, D. Williams in addition to reed, taylor, Meriweather. We can do better there. Overall I was really noticing also that it just seems like a heavy evaluation spot - if a kid doesn’t have ‘it’ at safety, it’s probably hard to change.

I also think the local kids leaving Is what it is. We should find what we need wherever. Just evaluate well. So this kid reed found excited me. It’s just what we need to do and should have been doing more of.
Well I’m not sure LB evals were that bad. We had to take pick mccloud and Shaq because it was so late when richt got here. Steer and wilder have injury issues and richt made manny take Jennings as a legacy. Huff and brooks seem like they can be good and I’m high on cave.

Well I’m not sure LB evals were that bad. We had to take pick mccloud and Shaq because it was so late when richt got here. Steer and wilder have injury issues and richt made manny take Jennings as a legacy. Huff and brooks seem like they can be good and I’m high on cave.
Not sure how to respond to that. Jennings was a fsu legacy, iirc. Steed and wilder don’t look good right now. Joyner, no ides but not holding my breath. Fingers crossed for huff, brooks.

Dorito was ok at lb evals, imo, but took too many kids who couldn’t stay in school. Johnson, grace, paul, perryman, bond, terry. Other kids were ok, not great. Young, kirby. Perry wasn’t good. Mccray was bad.

Not sure how to respond to that. Jennings was a fsu legacy, iirc. Steed and wilder don’t look good right now. Joyner, no ides but not holding my breath. Fingers crossed for huff, brooks.

Dorito was ok at lb evals, imo, but took too many kids who couldn’t stay in school. Johnson, grace, paul, perryman, bond, terry. Other kids were ok, not great. Young, kirby. Perry wasn’t good. Mccray was bad.
Joyner is going to be good from what I hear. He just had an injury issue

Advertisement
Advertisement
Remaining DB Board look like this maybe?

S (1-2)
Kinchens
Williams (S/LB)
David
T.Miller- Likely backup plan
Gilbert- Possible backup plan
Grigsby- Possible backup plan

CB (0-2 more, no idea who is priority, you know how Rumph/Diaz do at this position)
Knowles (obv have to flip)
Gonzales (CB/S)
Cooper
M.Brown
Chestnut (CB/S)
Der. Edwards (CB/S, possible backup plan)
Hallman- likely backup plan

Other locals who could emerge...Russell, Gaskin, Hill, etc...

Last edited:
Oklahoma pursuing this kid hard. They are trying to make inroads in the DMV area -
They are. However, any good defensive player with good options outside the Big 12 should consider them strongly. That league makes defensive players look terrible for the most part.

Advertisement
Back