Ed Reed - 2002 draft article

Advertisement
Don’t even remember who the 2 players were that the ravens really wanted instead of reed. That writer was awefully clueless

Advertisement
Quote from the article "He might just become the next Ron Woodson"

7:40 video marker Ed Reed passes Ron Woodson for most interception return yards in NFL history.

Edit: after re-watching his highlights, crazy how good he was in the NFL and how teams had to legit scheme around him. Also hilarious how many crazy plays he made where coaches are yelling at him No ed! no ed! then oh ****.... GO ED GO! I remember one of my good friends played for Shannon when he was HC and he showed them old highlights of cane greats and it was the Ed Reed BC game where stripped the ball and took it to the house, Shannon stopped the tape and said something along the lines if any of you mfers ever do this in a game you will be running gassers until you are as good as Ed Reed.

Advertisement
I wouldn’t say a bust.

Roy Williams made a bunch of probowls and once made the all-pro team. He's not a bust. That's solid return at any spot in the first round.

Ed Reed is hall of fame and you'll have a tough time arguing that he's not a top-2 safety of all time.

I wasn't as angry with Roy Williams winning the thorpe, as much as I was when it was gifted to Derrick Strait.

I laughed violently @ Ed Reed being the second best safety in the draft comment. Then and now.

This article is great because it reminds us that the content creators of yesteryear were dog**** as well. I suppose, at least there wasn't so much of it back then.

Roy Williams was a solid player but was pretty one dimensional as an "in the box" safety. A lot of his accolades were due to him playing for the Cowboys.
Ed Reed is one of the greatest safeties of all time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Now, don't get me wrong. Ed Reed was the second-best safety in college football, and was the second one selected yesterday behind Oklahoma's Roy Williams, the eighth player taken overall by Dallas. He might just become the next Rod Woodson.

My Cowboys really blew this one, would have loved to see Ed in a Cowboy uniform

Said Newsome: "The thing that really sold me on him is every time we watched Miami's defense, and they needed a play to be made, Ed Reed made that play. When they needed a fire to be put out, Ed Reed put the fire out."

The same could be said of Jaquan Johnson over the past couple years. He made a lot of huge plays at crucial moments. The three that stand out the most to me are the FF against VT, the interception against FSU, and the Pick 6 against UVA. I know he made some other big ones though.

Looking through mock drafts, there are a lot of safeties with better measurables and less production coming off the board before Jaquan. I expect a bunch of NFL execs to be kicking themselves in the *** for sleeping on Jaquan. I think there's plenty of evidence on film that he is a football player with the right mix of toughness, football IQ, and athletic ability to be great in the league.

Advertisement
Back